EPGplus

Rayman

Happy new year to all of you :-)

There is a new version of EPGplus available.

Version 1.0.6 (01.01.2008)

- Add: Context menu item 'Record to folder ...' for TV-Guide and search results.

- Add: Context menu item 'Internet search' for search results.

- Add: Search terms are now sorted by number of results and alphabetically.

- Add: Configurable URLs for internet search machines. See EPGplus.ini.

- Add: Command-line switch "/s": Do single EPG search resp. programming and shutdown EPGplus.

- Add: (Automatic) Update-Checker. See Settings-Tab.

- Fixed: Restore correct position and size of EPGplus window on startup.

- Fixed: EPG-Search with single days selected showed also results of next non selected day.

- Fixed: Reworked OSD-Behavior: OSD-Information can now be completely disabled (Settings-Tab).

- Fixed: Empty tooltip on exit if no recording/reminder is scheduled.

- Fixed: Enter-key in quick-search field working again.

- Fixed: Crash when closing EPGplus from tray-icon.

- Change: EPGplus.ini is now stored beside DVBViewer configuration files depending on usermode.ini.

- Change: Minor cosmetics, update of GUI library, About and lots of internal reengineering.

Best,

Stefan.

Edited by Rayman
Hi Stefan, if you intend to make new versions please add also right click possibilty for google and IMDB Search in reminder and EPG search pages.
Thanks, EPGPlus is a brilliant plugin for DVBViewer and now google and IMDB Search is addded to EPG search, could you still add that also in the same way to reminder list.

Another thing I would like to be improved is how to add channels in "Restrict search to channels:" that is jnow very slow and glumsy to use. Would it be possible to have list of available channels and from there just to click channels you want include in search.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I cannot find a manual to this nice utility.

Can anyone tell me how to record a TV series, for example a show which is on air every tuesday at 8.30 PM?

Are there any hope for a OSD plugin for EPGPlus?

--

Best regards

Mikael Nørrelund

DENMARK

I cannot find a manual to this nice utility.
Actually, there is no manual for EPGplus. I tried to make it self explaining :-)

Can anyone tell me how to record a TV series, for example a show which is on air every tuesday at 8.30 PM?
This is straightforward if you create a new search-term with name of the show (and limit the search to the corresponding day, time and station). Currently it is not possible to schedule certain regular events only by day without having a search-term for it, but maybe this is useful.

Are there any hope for a OSD plugin for EPGPlus?
This is one the long term goals for EPGplus, but this will need some more time I guess.

Best,

Stefan.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stefan and thank you for a very usefull program!

Is it possible to add one new feature?

When I record crypted channel, now usually all record fails because it takes few moments to decrypt and so recording starts too early.

So, if it would be possible to first change the chanell and after 30 sec or 60 sec start recording. I belive it fix my problem.

Thanks,

Petri

Everything is working very well for me now, except for one minor problem. I use DVBViewer with the Recording Service plugin. If a recording is in progress (via the recording service) and you start DVBViewer, you get asked whether to stop the recording. I always choose "No" because I want the recording to continue. If I do this however, EPGPlus will crash on startup. I presume that this is something to do with the Recording Service having control over the timer list but without knowing the inner workings of DVBViewer or EPGPlus I can only speculate.

I never see a crash at any other time.

Keep up the good work. DVBViewer+Recording Service+EPGPlus have helped me to replace my standalone PVR.

Has anybody else had the same problem? I upgraded to 1.0.7 and every ten minutes or something EPGplus does something and becomes the active window? This means, when DVBViewer window is not active, it does not receive any remote control commands... Went back to old version of EPGplus and things work fine again.

Has anybody else had the same problem? I upgraded to 1.0.7 and every ten minutes or something EPGplus does something and becomes the active window? This means, when DVBViewer window is not active, it does not receive any remote control commands... Went back to old version of EPGplus and things work fine again.

I have a same problem, but I can handel it with my remote control (Harmony 525). I teach it to send mouse 1st button, that (mostly) activates DVBV :shifty:

I don't encounter this problem (since I use girder with DVBViewer-plugin that works well and independent of what focus the DVBViewer window has).

Also there were no big internal changes from 1.0.6 to 1.0.7 which may cause this behavior. Nevertheless, I will further investigate on this.

Best,

Stefan.

I don't even know what the old version is that I'm using. But it seems to work so I don't have any urgent need for the repair. Still would be nice to get the latest version working some day..

hei.

I live in Norway and I have one problem with EPG Plus. When I start DVBViewer the EPG Plus shows no data, but if I refresh or restart EPGplus it is ok. It is the same with DVBViewer. When it start the auto popup Epg show no data, but when I change channel it is ok. It seems like EPGplus start before DVBViewer has got the epg. Is there a way to delay the start of EPGplus 10-15sek? I have enabled persistent EPG data.

Mvh

kaeri

When I start DVBViewer the EPG Plus shows no data, but if I refresh or restart EPGplus it is ok. It is the same with DVBViewer. When it start the auto popup Epg show no data, but when I change channel it is ok.

I suppose this is an issue of DVBViewer. Since update to DVBViewer 3.9.2.0 I encounter the same behaviour: After DVBViewer startup the mini-epg is showing "no epg". After a few seconds or channel change everything is ok. I'll include a workaround in EPGplus; If it receives no epg data, it will periodically check for new data every 20 seconds or so.

Best,

Stefan.

• 2 weeks later...

First thnx for this excelent utility, to me dbviewer would be useless without epgplus becouse i only use dbviewer for recording , i watch the episode's on my dvico. This utility makes it all possible to program my show's and then forget about it >_<

I do have some question's at the moment i only use 1 firedtv but i already have the second one ordered, how do u detect the conflicts in epg plus ? is this info which come's from dbviewer itself ? and if i add the second unit it will only show an conflict if i plan more then 2 recordings at the same time ?

Also is the conflict info stored in an parseable file ?

i ask this becouse i would like to beable to email the conflict info to my email adress, becouse of the way your util work's i suspect u will get often conflict's and it would be nice if u could get an email notification if this happens.

Again many thnx and keep up the good work !!

how do u detect the conflicts in epg plus ? is this info which come's from dbviewer itself ? and if i add the second unit it will only show an conflict if i plan more then 2 recordings at the same time ? Also is the conflict info stored in an parseable file ?

The detection of conflicts is done by DVBViewer; If a new recording is scheduled, EPGplus queries DVBViewer whether the timer is valid or not. If not, EPGplus will report the conflict but it doesn't create a file.

If you have two devices, it should only report conflicts if you're adding a recording on a different transponder while both cards are already 'occupied' with certain timers.

Best,

Stefan.

The detection of conflicts is done by DVBViewer; If a new recording is scheduled, EPGplus queries DVBViewer whether the timer is valid or not. If not, EPGplus will report the conflict but it doesn't create a file.

If you have two devices, it should only report conflicts if you're adding a recording on a different transponder while both cards are already 'occupied' with certain timers.

Best,

Stefan.

Thnx thats just the info i needed

The lost focus problem has been solved.

EPGplus 1.0.8 is available:

Version 1.0.8 (15.02.2008) Bugfix release

- Fixed: EPGplus is stealing window focus from time to time.

- Fixed: Recording folders were not programmed from automatic EPG search

- Fixed: Reminder-Tab: Changing from remind to record via context menu includes now timer-offset.

- Fixed: Sorting of search terms optimized.

- Add: Periodic rechecking in case when DVBViewer does not deliver any EPG data.

Download via EPGplus Homepage.

Best,

Stefan.

Edited by Rayman

Leider verliert der DVBViewer noch immer den Focus. Würde gerne zum Vergleich die 1.06 ausprobieren. Finde ich irgendwo noch den Download-Link?

Edited by Oliver B

:)-->

ZITAT(Oliver B @ Feb 17 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Leider verliert der DVBViewer noch immer den Focus. Würde gerne zum Vergleich die 1.06 ausprobieren. Finde ich irgendwo noch den Download-Link?

English Forum! :-) I've sent you Version 1.0.6 via PM.

Best,

Stefan.

I have used your excelent app some time now and found a couple bugs, and would suggest some feature request.

Bug:

1. in the epg search terms window, have all the search item's which start with an capital higher priority. For instance if u have the search items lost, Medium, house. it will list Medium as first in the list. If u change Medium then to medium and u restart the plugin u will get 2 search items with exactly the same name.

2. Sometimes u can't set an conflict (overlap) to inactive, if u select inactive nothing happens and the overlap cannot be resolved by setting the red highlighted show to inactive. I think it has something to do with the overlapped shows starting at exact the same time but not completely shure about that. But i do have now in my list 3 overlaps which can't be resolved and it all are overlaps of program's which start at exactly the same time.

Feature request.

1. in the reminder window could u also display the end time of the show ? this will make it easyer to resolve conflicts.

2. An exact search term, now if u want to search the serie lost for instance u will get all the series with lost in the title, for me in my 12 channels it will return 9 items in 3 days. So u have to manually limit it to channels or time. For instance "lost" will be perfect.

3. Could u make the default action if u add an search item, program videorecorder with search results, it happened me now twice that i forgot to set it and just thougth the show wasn't on. also i would like the fulltext search disabled by default, i think the more common way is to use it disabled.

Thnx, and i hope this request are easy to add.

Hi iwens,

thanks for your valuable feedback about EPGplus.

1. in the epg search terms window, have all the search item's which start with an capital higher priority. For instance if u have the search items lost, Medium, house. it will list Medium as first in the list. If u change Medium then to medium and u restart the plugin u will get 2 search items with exactly the same name.

You are right, capital and none capital letters are sorted differently. I will rework the sorting and also try to find out the behaviour you described, where two identical items appear.

2. Sometimes u can't set an conflict (overlap) to inactive, if u select inactive nothing happens and the overlap cannot be resolved by setting the red highlighted show to inactive.

Conflict management is completely done by DVBViewer. EPGplus only displays the status/results. I played with this yesterday and I think the reason is DVBViewer.

Could you please check the following: While experiencing the conflicts behavior as described, open the DVBViewer recording window and try to untick/inactivate the corresponding timer. For me, the red conflict remains there too, thus it's in DVBViewer, not in EPGplus.

Feature request.

Your feature requests sound sensible to me, except the default settings. I know that different users have different ideas about this. Maybe the best way is to store the current action and restore this value when the dialog is opened next for a new search term.

Best,

Stefan.

Edited by Rayman

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your valuable feedback about EPGplus.

You are right, capital and none capital letters are sorted differently. I will rework the sorting and also try to find out the behaviour you described, where two identical items appear.

Ok thnx for this.

Conflict management is completely done by DVBViewer. EPGplus only displays the status/results. I played with this yesterday and I think the reason is DVBViewer.

Could you please check the following: While experiencing the conflicts behavior as described, open the DVBViewer recording window and try to untick/inactivate the corresponding timer. For me, the red conflict remains there too, thus it's in DVBViewer, not in EPGplus.

Ok i tried this and i can untick the show in the timer windows from DVBViewer, when i do an refresh after this in epgplus the show is indeed marked as inactive and no longer red. I reversed this also by re enabling the show in the timer section of DVBViewer, the show became red again in epgplus and i couldn't set it to inactive in epgplus.

Your feature requests sound sensible to me, except the default settings. I know that different users have different ideas about this. Maybe the best way is to store the current action and restore this value when the dialog is opened next for a new search term.

Perfect even better indeed.

Best,

Iwens.

Edited by iwens

Hi Rayman,

if i search for broadcasts taken from epg like "Grey's Anatomy" or "c't magazin" epg plus will not find anything. I think the reason why are the capitals. I tried to replace the capitals with a "?" and also tried searching with asterix (*) , too, but did not find a solution for those search terms. Could you give me an advice for using above seach terms in EPGPlus?

Thanks for the otherwise great plugin!

if i search for broadcasts taken from epg like "Grey's Anatomy" or "c't magazin" epg plus will not find anything. I think the reason why are the capitals.

Unfortunately I can't confirm this. I've tried both search terms including the apostrophes and I get normal results. Are these broadcasts displayed in the TV-Guide? You may right click one and select 'Find recurrence' - do you have results then?

Can anybody else please check whether search terms with apostrophes work?

Best,

Stefan.

Edited by Rayman
Unfortunately I can't confirm this. I've tried both search terms including the apostrophes and I get normal results. Are these broadcasts displayed in the TV-Guide? You may right click one and select 'Find recurrence' - do you have results then?

Can anybody else please check whether search terms with apostrophes work?

Best,

Stefan.

By me the apostrophes indeed work but did he use "Grey's Anatomy" or Grey's Anatomy the first indeed doesn't work i made the same mistake becouse i was used to it in google as an exact search item. But this isn't supported yet.

Sry for my late reaction i have not so much time these days....

This week Grey's Anatomy did work, but thats only temporary with that show (not for me).

What doesn't work for months ist c't magazin. I did copy the entry from the original EPG for the search term. Is there any possibility to use a placeholder to avoid such problems?

What doesn't work for months ist c't magazin. I did copy the entry from the original EPG for the search term.

I still can't repeat this, c't magazin works for me. Maybe there is confusion about different kinds of apostrophes ' ´ `, but since you copied it from the EPG the problem remains, hmmm.

Is there any possibility to use a placeholder to avoid such problems?

To a limited extend EPGplus can work with regular expressions. If you want to experiment with regular expressions, see the syntax here.

I've tested it a few minutes ago:

c?t magazin

as regular expression works too (the question mark as placeholder for one arbitrary character).

In future I plan to replace the current search engine with a much more performant one, which will also give more functionality regarding search parameters.

Best,

Stefan.

Edited by Rayman

Wanted to try it for the first time - downloaded 1.0.8 with DVBViewer 3.9.2 - it just hungs there as a hung window startup while eating 100% CPU.

Edited by Valts
Wanted to try it for the first time - downloaded 1.0.8 with DVBViewer 3.9.2 - it just hungs there as a hung window startup while eating 100% CPU.

I don't know whats going on with your system :)

Immideately after launching EPGplus it will do the EPG search which causes the EPGplus window to be blocked for some seconds depending on how much search terms and epg data you have. But since you started it the first time I guess there are no search termes yet and thus no big search. You may try starting EPGplus from commandline with parameter /f which will prevent the inital search.

I don't know whats going on with your system :)

Immideately after launching EPGplus it will do the EPG search which causes the EPGplus window to be blocked for some seconds depending on how much search terms and epg data you have. But since you started it the first time I guess there are no search termes yet and thus no big search. You may try starting EPGplus from commandline with parameter /f which will prevent the inital search.

Sadly no luck. It just draws main window once, status bar shows 'initalizing' and 'connected to update-server...', then it stops responding and redrawing the window.

... status bar shows 'initalizing' and 'connected to update-server...', then it stops responding and redrawing the window.

Ok, then the automatic update check and your internet connection cause the blocking. Try to locate the EPGplus.ini and disable the update checker by changing the value 'CheckUpdates' to 0.

Hi Rayman,

finally I found the solution for my "c't magazin" Problem, but its still a bit weird.

I tested adding the search with the EPGPlus own Tab "TV-Zeitung" using right click on the show and clicking "zur EPG Suche hinzufügen". Suddenly epgplus was terminating itself but starting again was possible.

There i realized, that epgplus added the channel "hr". Before I used in the DVBViewer EPG another channel "hr-fernsehen" with excactly the same settings (but a higher channel number).

I deleted the channel "hr" in the channellist, then deleted all entries in the recorder and in epgplus.

After a new start of the DVBViewer i added the search again through "tv-Zeitung". Since then everything is fine and working. :-)

Sorry for annoying with my personal problem. There was definitely something wrong in my own installation on the server and not in the plugin EPGPlus.

I want to thank you again for this incredible plugin.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I really like your plugin, allthough I'd like the possibility to hilight programs in TV Guide. Would it be possible to add a hilight option based on keyword? For example, I want to hilight program named Ninja Warrior, so I add rule "Ninja Warrior" and TV Guide automatically highlights programs matching this rule. Is this possible?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, EPG plus seems to be confused with summer / winter time change. It does not show any EPG data for today even DVBViewer EPG shows them OK. Monday seems to start from 12 oclock from most of the channels

Hi, EPG plus seems to be confused with summer / winter time change. It does not show any EPG data for today even DVBViewer EPG shows them OK. Monday seems to start from 12 oclock from most of the channels

Yep have the same problem, i am hoping it will resolve automatically tomorrow.