DVB Task Scheduler 2.2

Hartwig

DVB Task Scheduler 2.1 is available.

Attention! This Version is not compatible with older DVBViewer Versions. For oder versions please use the Scheduler v2.0.0 from "Older Versions" section.

Changes:

• FIX: Instancehandling optimized
  • FIX: Increased compatibility with DVBServer

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I can't get my Windows Vista Premium to resume / wakeup from Sleep when I have programmed a timer recording with DVB Task Scheduler.

- I have disabled RecordingService

- I have checked the Options/Extended/Task Scheduler Support/Use MS Task Scheduler and given the password for the account

- I have programmed a recording

- I have closed the DVBViewer

- I have checked the DVB Task Scheduler, and the next task is checked as well as in the Windows Task Scheduler folder

- I choose Start/Shutdown/Sleep

- It doesn't start on the scheduled time

What could be wrong?

I also tried to reinstall DVBViewer (without choosing the RecordingService).

Also, I would like to start without a password but can't find any Local Security Policy on my Windows Vista Premium. Under Power Management there is an option to resume without password but this doesn't seem to help. Any clue?

Another thing is the MCE remote control device driver, it doesn't have ony PowerManagement option so I have to take out the remote controls receivers USB plug for Vista to go to sleep at all. Anybody know a way to solve this?

BR,

Dosse

Is there something in the logfile of Windows Taskservice (SchedLgu.txt)??

Under Power Management there is an option to resume without password but this doesn't seem to help. Any clue?
have a look at the readme:
·Windows XP Pro / Vista: Go to Start/ Control Panel/ Administrative Tools/ Local

Security Policy/ Local Policies/ Security options. In the right hand pane (third down) you'll

find: 'Accounts: Limit local account use of blank passwords to console logon only'.

Disable it.

Is there something in the logfile of Windows Taskservice (SchedLgu.txt)??

Here's a few lines from the end of the file:

"Task Scheduler Service"

Exited at 4/15/2007 5:23:11 PM

"Task Scheduler Service"

Started at 4/15/2007 5:24:29 PM

"Task Scheduler Service"

6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205)

"Task Scheduler Service"

Exited at 4/15/2007 5:32:57 PM

"Task Scheduler Service"

Started at 4/15/2007 5:34:04 PM

"Task Scheduler Service"

"Task Scheduler Service"

Exited at 4/15/2007 7:39:23 PM

"Task Scheduler Service"

Started at 4/15/2007 7:40:46 PM

"Task Scheduler Service"

"Task Scheduler Service"

Exited at 4/16/2007 8:27:48 AM

"Task Scheduler Service"

Started at 4/16/2007 9:19:47 PM

"Task Scheduler Service"

[ ***** Most recent entry is above this line ***** ]

have a look at the readme:

I'll will try finding this. Thank you!

quote name='faminoff' post='133168' date='Apr 17 2007, 09:58 PM']I'll will try finding this. Thank you!

No, there's no such option in my Administrative Tools as Local Security Policy...

see the attached file...

post-34402-1176836643_thumb.jpg

Edited by faminoff

It seems, that there are no errors. Is there anything in the logfile of DVBViewer/Scheduler (DVBViewer.log)?? You'll find it inside the config folder. on Pro, go to Helf/Info/Versioninfo. On GE go to Info/Config Folder.

Hi,

There are a lot of errors in the DVBViewer.log file, all the same:

17.04.2007 22:23:58 Scheduler Error 80041310 - pIPersistFile.Save() failed

seems to be an error with the Scheduler.

P.S. Ich verstehe auch Deutch wenn Du lieber in Deutch antworten willst. Ich kan viellecht nicht alles in Deutch schreiben. Ich bin Finländer.

mfg

Dosse

Most time, this error is caused by wrong username and/or password. It might be easier, if you delete the file scheduler.ini inside DVBViewer directory (if exists) and inside DVBViewer config dir. Next time you start DVBViewer or Scheduler, your actual username will be filled in automatically. But you have to type in your password, if you use one.

if you can't find the option, you can edit a registry key to take same effect.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\limitblankpassworduse

Set limitblankpassworduse=0

or start cmd.exe and type in

gpedit.msc

a window will be opened like in the picture. There you'll find the option

post-1668-1176919642_thumb.png

Hello,

I deleted the scheduler.ini and set the limitblankpassworduse=0 and now it seems to work!

gpedit.msc is not recognized in the command prompt, nor with Run.. ???

Thank you very much!

BR,

Dosse

Edited by faminoff
  • 8 months later...

I've uploaded DVB Task Scheduler v2.2.0.

Changes:

• change: RestartAutomatic is set to 1 for default
  • change: Execute After works now every time, DVBViewer is closed and not only if DVBViewer was started by a task before.
  • fix: Some improvments for Vista

new in version 2.2.1:

An option to shutdown DVBViewer after resuming from standby/hibernate, if DVBViewer was activ during that action. (especially for Windows Vista)

If you don't need this Option, you don't need this update.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just want to ask one question:

I have setup DVBViewer to run Windows scheduler and is it still need the Task Scheduler to be under the intalled directory?

Also what is the time period in advance for DVBViewer scheduled recording? I found that there is no parameter setting but it seems it will start if the next programme is within 15 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I've installed vista x86 sp1 and later DVBViewer (last beta) with last DVB Task Scheduler. I have set same configuration than I had in XP. User/password correct... But when PC tries to resume...blue screen, critical error.

Only when I suspend from desktop (DVBViewer is not running), It resumes ok.

Please help.

support.zip

Edited by ramonchin
Hi!

I've installed vista x86 sp1 and later DVBViewer (last beta) with last DVB Task Scheduler. I have set same configuration than I had in XP. User/password correct... But when PC tries to resume...blue screen, critical error.

Only when I suspend from desktop (DVBViewer is not running), It resumes ok.

Please help.

Since DVB Task Scheduler doesn't close right DVBViewer on "Suspend" proccess, at this moment the only way is "Exit" manualy from DVBViewer, and suspend later. :bye:

On the other hand, when I schedule a recording and close DVBViewer, DVB Task Scheduler 2.2.3 shows the same 2 tasks (recordings) with only 3 minutes diference... ;)

Please help

Edited by ramonchin
  • 11 months later...

Dear all,

I have a question on DVB task scheduler and hope someone can help me, thanks in advance.

My PC environment

Windows XP SP2

DVBViewer Pro v4.0.0.0

DVB Task Scheduler v2.2.3.0

I set some the program recording in a daily basis (let say on every weekeday 8:00pm to 8:30pm), sometimes it works perfectly; however, sometimes it cannot record the program, I check it only create the file with 0 bytes filesize. I have no clues on it because it occurs sometimes (around 20-30%) and I cannot find any error pattern on this, can anyone give me some hints on it? Really appreciated on it.

P.S. I only use this PC for recording TV program; therefore, no other special application is running on background; also I'm NOT suspend/hibernate this PC as well.

Patrick

it seems to be a problem with the driver of your DVB Card. Do you use an actual one.

Do you close DVBViewer after recording?

Thanks Hartwig for your advise.

My display card is Ati Radeon 3450 and the driver was catalyst 8.12, now I upgrade to 9.4 and try... hope it works

I'm using Avermedia A855 to receive Digital TV, and it seems to be the latest driver I'm using now, nothing I can do for the upgrade.

I used to set the DVBViewer to record the TV programe with the options "close DVBViewer after the recording ends".

Patrick

Edited by patrick824hk

Even though I update the latest patch of Microsoft Windows XP, Display Card driver, USB DMB-TH dougle driver, the problem still occured last night ><

What I'll try next maybe swap another USB DMB-TH dougle to test.

Patrick

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I have a small problem with the task scheduler:

I set up multiple recordings with the timer, and choose "Close DVBViewer" as the action to perform after recording (I want the computer to enter standby between recordings). The task appears in Vista task scheduler, computer wakes up at the right time and first recording works ok, but no more tasks appear for the subsequent recordings. Therefore the rest of the recordings do not work. Is there a workaround or a fix?

• 6 months later...

Hi, i have a problem with TaskScheduler when I use "Restart DVBViewer Without Tuning Last Channel" option. DVBViewer starts with black screen and, when the recording is supposed to begin.. nothing happens. Still black screen. In recordings folder the file is being created, like the steam is being recorded, but this file isn't playable after it's finished.

When i don't use this option - everything is fine. DVBViewer tunes the right channel and starts recording.

I use last version .45 of DVBViewer Pro, DVBTaskScheduler 2.2.3.0, Windows 7 x64.

I read here http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/DVBViewer%2...s.html#Playback, that it happens with DVBViewer GE, but I use DVBViewer Pro, so it's strange.

Edited by iriskin
  • 4 weeks later...

I have problem with Scheduler 2.2.3 on Vista (on XP it's working ok).

On Vista is diferent, one time is ok, one time computer is still sleeping, not resume.

HINT: In tasks folder all of recordings is correct, but in taskschd.msc is few recordigs (tasks).

Any ideas?

Edited by Cav
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...