Mpeg4 Part10 Level 3.0 & Aac-he Audio

Bobben

However, am I right: there is still no alternative for decoding norwegian DVB-t sound than to buy a TerraTec Piranha, plug it in, install their latest Home Cinema Beta software and then use its activated HE-AAC decoder? :tongue:

Strange things happen: after yesterday's success with the libfaad2wrapper 1.0.1 beta, I felt for some experimenting... ;)

First, I uninstalled the TerraTec software since I have no TT hardware and thus their AAC-HE decoder wasn't activated on my pc anyway.

Second, I patched my CyberLink PowerDVD 7.0 OEM with CyberLink.3409(EVR)_DVD071008-02.exe. I had PDVD installed since summer but I never got a picture with the CL H.264/AVC decoder (PDVD7) checked in the DVBViewer Option menue. (That's why I purchased the CoreAVC decoder.) With that patch installed, I gave CL a try again and suddenly the video worked...! However, no sound in combination with the libfaad2wrapper. I then tried with the CL Audio Decoder (PDVD7) in the AAC Audio Decoder menue and -whoops!- there was the norwegian DVB-t sound! :P

As a proof, here is the graph:

post-39854-1198848300_thumb.jpg CL264dec.ax is v.2.0.0.1904, CLAud.ax is v.6.1.0.4227

I got not the slightest clue about what and why. But this might be an alternative to the use of the libfaad2wrapper helpful for other users?

Edit: after trying a bit more I found that actually also the settings CL H.264/AVC + libfaad2wrapper and CoreAVC + CL Audio are working.

Edited by BodoG
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Griga

• RedAngel

• CiNcH

• Derrick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images