Audio Recorder

Griga

Now that some ARD Radio Stations are sending Radiotext would it be possible to implement this to the Audiorecorder Plugin?

DVBViewer doesn't know which part of the radio text is the title or artist. RTPlus provides this information, but AFAIK only WDR 2 uses the extended RDS specification at the moment. I didn't implement it yet, but I will do it as soon as more radio stations support RTPlus tags.

DVBViewer doesn't know which part of the radio text is the title or artist.

Could you join the parts as a full string (maybe with strcat())? I would be better than a "normal" filename anyway. Lets hope that more stations will send RTPlus tags. :rolleyes:

Could you join the parts as a full string (maybe with strcat())?

You wouldn't like to get the station's hotline number as filename, would you? Artist and title are not the only RDS messages that are broadcasted.

• 1 month later...

Audiorecorder Plugin 3.1.1 is available in the members area.

Fix: MP2 Recording didn't work with DVBViewer Pro/GE. Not a serious thing, since audio can be recorded as MP2 with DVBViewer as well.

Hint: Newer versions of the lame MP3 encoder seem to cause a very high processor load on the highest quality level. Better don't switch to it.

Version 3.92, which has been successfully tested with the Audiorecorder Plugin, is still available here:

http://www.divax.it/programmi.asp?file=Lame%20Mp3%20Codec

• 1 month later...

Has I understood correctly that there is no possibility to record audio (radiostation) at the same time as watching TV in the same MUX. (audiorecorder plugin 3.1.1, DVBVPro 3.2.5). At least if I try to change the channel I get the warning.

There seem to be some language mixs in Audiorecorder plugin "Warning" and "Cancel" is in the dialog box is in German and the rest in English.

There seem to be some language mixs in Audiorecorder plugin

No mix. The Audiorecorder Plugin's language is pure English, but German Windows displays the buttons of the standard message boxes with German captions. You'll have to live with it - I'm too lazy to create customized message boxes. :)

There seem to be some language mixs in Audiorecorder plugin

No mix. The Audiorecorder Plugin's language is pure English, but German Windows displays the buttons of the standard message boxes with German captions. You'll have to live with it - I'm too lazy to create customized message boxes. :)

But how can a Windows Xp (Finnish language version) show them in German if they doesn't come from plugin?

The audiorecorder plugin needs a running graph. so you can't watch TV. Record as mp2 with the DVBViewer directly and you can switch channels on the same transponder.

But then I must make the settings in main program and then it would be the setting for all scheduled recording, both TV and radio brodcasts.

Have you tried it? I think the DVBViewer automatically detects if a radio station (VideoPID=0) is recorded and uses mp2, even if you have mpg selected.

I tested that, you are almoust right, this way I can get *.mp2 files (but not mp3 files which I actually need and audioplugin can create) and on the other hand I must use as default *.ts format in order to be able to record DVB subtitles and then radio station recordings are also *.ts files.

So what I basically need (or would be nice to have) that I could use audiorecorder plugin to greate mp3 files with out disturbing normal sheduled video recordings (in TS format). But this is not possibe (at lest at the moment) if I am correct.

But how can a Windows Xp (Finnish language version) show them in German if they doesn't come from plugin?

Really? :) Well, the plugin tells Windows to create a message box and which buttons shall be displayed, but nothing about the caption, since such a box can only contain pre-defined buttons, no application-defined stuff except the message. So I just don't know - never heard of this issue before.

and then radio station recordings are also *.ts files.

It's very easy to convert TS to MP2 by using the TSPlayer from the VRPlugin packet.

The MP3 encoder needs decoded input (no MP2, but WAV). Thus the plugin must capture audio from the filter graph *after* it has been decoded, and can only record what is played. On the other side, this enables the plugin to record all kinds of DVBViewer audio output, even when you play a TS file.

OK, got it. I assumed the function that I use (DialogMsg) is a wrapper for a Windows API call. But it isn't. It's a Delphi function that uses a German ressource file. :) Will be replaced by the Windows API call in the next release.

Guest Lars_MQ

@griga

You would be surprised how many localized resource there are in delphi. just take a look at dxgettext for delphi and the translationfile only for the rtl/vcl... :)

• 3 weeks later...

stupid question maybe. i don`t know if it`s been asked before. but how to minimize your plugin? only the close "x" is enabled!?! sorry i didn`t use the search function. o:)

Edited by danielkoch
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

First of all: thanks for this plugin, but I have a question. I think I am a bit confused, but can the audiorecorder plugin be used with the recording service of DVBViewer. (The service that can be setup through the web interface and with the tray icon)

I am unable to record to MP3 from within the recording service. I have the LAME encoder in place.

regards,

S

Edited by Meirssv
No it can't. The audiorecorder plugin needs a running playback directshow graph with an audiodecoder in it. The service does not have any kind playback.

Ok, thanks for the information.

When programming the recording service over the web-interface the 'Record Action'-option has 'Audiorecorder plugin'. So this option does NOT represent the audiorecorder plugin that is being discussed in this thread? Actually that's a bit confusing, no?

Would be a nice feat. to be able to record to MP3 directly in the recording service.

Service and DVBViewer share the timers.xml. So the service needs to offer this recording action, even if it does not support it. Otherwise the timers for the DVBViewer would be altered.

• 8 months later...

Just installed this plug-in. It seems there is a kind of error in my filters on windows... This is what I get - the attached pic.

Can smb please give me any ideea? I have done it by the book. Just copied all dll's into the plugin folder, system folder of win respectevly.

The message cánt find an audio decoder is a stupid thing çause I just play this radio stream :wacko:

Thanks.

post-85314-1252128365_thumb.jpg

Edited by alexdonc
Forgot to add the list of audio codecs found in my system.

Useless. If you want to provide information:

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=2210

Most likely the audio decoder selected in DVBViewer is not configured for 16 bit PCM output, but for SPDIF passthrough or such, which means, it doesn't decode.

The Audio Recorder Plugin searches the filter graph for a DirectShow Filter providing an output pin that delivers 16 bit PCM audio (required as input for the lame and ogg vorbis encoder) and an input pin (if present) that receives a different format. If it can't find such a filter, you'll get an error message.

• 6 months later...

The Audiorecorder Plugin 4.0.0 is available in the members area, plugins section. Last updated in 2005, believe it or not...

I've rewritten most of the internals completely, eliminated several error sources and improved many things. However, instead of enumerating all changes in detail, I will rather list the most important points that have to be considered when using the plugin. Please refer to the included ReadMe for details.

What the plugin does: It records any kind of audio played in DVBViewer as WAV, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis. From TV/radio, file or DVD playback. Additionally it contains a simple player for "read after write" control and timeshift purpose.

Extra requirements: MP3 recording and playback requires files that are not included in the plugin package (due to licence stuff). The ReadMe tells you what you need and how you can get it.

Recommendation: If you want to use the plugin's playback function, update the DVBViewer Filter to version 3.5.2 or later (see members area, plugins section). The player now uses the DVBViewer Filter for sending PCM audio data to the Default DirectSound audio renderer. Previous DVBViewer Filter versions will fail on certain PCM types (particularly floating point data and/or 5.1 surround).

Dropped features in version 4.0.0:

- MP2 recording in order to simplify the code. The DVBViewer recorder does it better anyway.

- Optional samplerate conversion for WAV and Ogg Vorbis, because the Windows Audio Compression Manager (ACM) that previously had been used for this task provides a poor quality.

How the plugin works: It captures the output of the audio decoder used in DVBViewer by inserting a special DirectShow filter and, in case of MP3 or Ogg Vorbis, performs real time encoding. WAV recordings always contain the original output of the audio decoder.

Previous plugin versions required the sample dumper filter (file RLDumper.ax in DVBViewer\Filters) for capturing audio data. Version 4.0.0 uses an internal filter, so RLDumper.ax is obsolete now. If you want to get rid of it, first unregister it with the RadLight Filter Manager (requires admin rights), then delete it. Never delete DirectShow filters without unregistering them, otherwise nasty "zombie" registry entries will remain.

Restrictions: "Normal" DVBViewer recordings are performed independently from playback, but the Audiorecorder Plugin always records what is played. What you hear is what you get! No audio playback, no recording! So there are some things you can't do or you shouldn't do while recording with the plugin. Channel switching isn't possible. Seeking while recording from file playback will let the plugin record your activities, so better don't.

However, there are some audio settings that don't affect the plugin, because they happen "behind" the audio data capturing: Volume changes, mute, selection of stereo/left/right audio channel, DVBViewer equalizer changes. Everything else influencing or switching off audio should be left untouched while recording.

Audio decoder configuration: The plugin processes the output of the audio decoder. It may be mono, stereo or 5.1 sourround sound. It may be 16/24/32 bit integer or 32 bit floating point PCM data, or even SPDIF data supplying an A/V receiver. The plugin handles it in the following way:

- It accepts all PCM number formats, regardless of the selected recording format (one of the major enhancements compared to previous plugin versions, that were restricted to 16 bit integer). If you record as WAV, the plugin will write the unchanged decoder output to the file. In case of 32 bit PCM data twice as much as for 16 bit data!

- Only mono or stereo can be recorded as MP3. You may select WAV or Ogg Vorbis for 5.1 surround sound recording, but not MP3. You will get an error message, if you try - the encoder only supports "classical" MP3.

- SPDIF can only be recorded as WAV. In this case the file will contain SPDIF data (which means AC3 or DTS audio), that can only be played via SPDIF, unless you use the AC3 Filter as postprocessor for subsequent decoding.

- If the output format of the decoder changes (e.g. the number of audio channels) during an ongoing recording, the plugin performs an auto-split and continues the recording in a new file.

So it may be worth to have a look at the audio decoder's property page (if it provides one, see View -> Filters in DVBViewer). Check how the output can be configured, in order to avoid unwanted results and error messages.

• 1 year later...

The Audiorecorder Plugin 4.0.1 is available in the members area, plugins section:

- Fix: The Plugin Window wasn't displayed correctly if Windows is configured for enlarged display (more than 96 DPI). Now the plugin adjusts the window size automatically.

- Fix: The attempt to play the last plugin recording via the Play Tab caused an error message after a channel change in DVBViewer.

- Changed: AudioRec.dll is not runtime-packed anymore in order to prevent false virus warnings.

- Minor UI adjustments.

• 3 months later...

The Audiorecorder Plugin 4.0.2 is available in the members area, plugins section:

- Fix: Under certain circumstances the DirectShow component inserted by the plugin for grabbing audio data caused access violations in the DirectShow system.

- Fix: If the taskbar is docked to the left or upper screen border, the plugin window moved to the left / up on each DVBViewer start.