Chinese (Traditional/Simplified) Language File

sickno

Please note that the language file supplied in 3.9.4.10 beta is older than the version listed below, so you will need to download the file after upgrading to 3.9.4.10

If you want DVBViewer to be displayed in Chinese (Traditional) language, you will need the following:

Updated! *NEW* 3.9.4.10 4 Jul 2008

Chinese_Traditional_3.9.4.10.zip

Unzip the file to C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Language to replace the file supplied in 3.9.4.10, and then change the language settings in DVBViewer

For Chinese (Simplified), you will need the following:

Updated! *NEW* 3.9.4.10 4 Jul 2008

Chinese_Simplified_3.9.4.10.zip

Unzip the file to C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Language to replace the file supplied in 3.9.4.10, and then change the language settings in DVBViewer

Edited by sickno
The attached Chinese (Traditional) Language file for 3.9.3.26beta file is marked as Alpha 4 , but most of the Menu Items and Option Dialog boxes are translated into Traditional Chinese already.

Updated! *NEW* Alpha 5

Apart from h_xxxx items in OSD, all keys are now translated

Please let me know if you are having problems with the translations, thank you!

------------------------------------------------

Older versions (outdated):

As your request, here is the file.

Gary, can you update the Simplified Chinese version to 3.9.3.26beta, thank you! ;)

updated the Simplified Chinese version to 3.9.3.26beta

In addition, you can also use "convertz" software to convert the Big-5 .lng file to GBK .lng

Updated to 3.9.3.41b.

Please note that the language file supplied in 3.9.3.41 is older than the version listed above, so you will need to download the file after upgrading to 3.9.3.41 beta.

Edited by sickno
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just post this at the end of this topic, because i'm not sure if the content is correct. I received a "corrected"? version for the simplified translation - since it seems to be that

... especially the latest version 3.94 support Chinese language is good for lots of chinese users. But I found the translation of chinese(Simplified) language file was made by a hongkong guy(Chinese Traditional area). So it's not in accord with our code of language. ...

Christian

PS: Maybe somebody could check this file?

Chinese__Simplified_By_Moff.zip

I just post this at the end of this topic, because i'm not sure if the content is correct. I received a "corrected"? version for the simplified translation - since it seems to be that

Christian

PS: Maybe somebody could check this file?

thx.it is a better simplified translation.

thanks you~~

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

thanks for your kind support.

I live in HK and now using the latest version of DVBViewer. I have also updated your language file.

However, I found some pages of EPG guide cannot show the chinese character in the column view.

any idea what I need to set?

i am using XP (english) - i did change the regional setting to HKSAR already

Danny

• 11 months later...