Video frame rate switcher

SnoopyDog

Does your plugin gets refresh rate from DVB Source ?

No, it uses the DVBViewer variable "#TV.video.framerate" this works for all splitters.

Because on a lot of video files I'm not using dvbsource and when refresh rate didn't change

When you playback such a video, press OSD blue and select "System information". Do you see a refresh rate listed there?

@Dark vader: 23.976Hz is treated as 23Hz, like all graphics card drivers do.

Your Plugin can not switch to 50hz (or 60hz) when returning to LiveTV?

start Bluary => switch to 23hz => stop Bluray => nothing happens.

Of course, it can. Right now i can test only with nVidia and Intel - Windows 7 32 and Windows 7 64. Works w/o problems on both systems.

If you have the dvbspy app, can you please check, which values are reported when you switch back from Blu-Ray to Live TV in the box "Various events" => onPlayStateChange. Which values do you see for "State"?

In the plugin, you should set the values:

Delay before frequency switch: 100 ms

[x] Rebuild graph after frequency switch

Delay after frequency switch: 0 ms

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SnoopyDog

• popy

• udo83

• sw4y

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I put 200ms for the Delay before frequency switch parameter and it works now (Is it the time between the beginning of the reading of the file and the switching of the display ?).

@SnoopyDog :

it would be a great idea if you put an explanation for each parameter on the first page of this thread (I found nothing in the wiki).

Not all the drivers propose the 23Hz frequency, the ATI driver for the Radeon HD7700 (my card) doesn't propose this one (only 24, 25, 29 30, 59, 60). Fortunately it switches the display to 24Hz when I read a BD file. So for these cards could you add a parameter (something like Treat23976As24) for these cards ?

Thanks in advance

When you playback such a video, press OSD blue and select "System information". Do you see a refresh rate listed there?

For H.264 video system information reports nothing in Hz. For mkv I'm using MPC Matroska Source.

• 3 weeks later...
So for these cards could you add a parameter (something like Treat23976As24) for these cards ?

This is not neccessary, just assign a profile that switches to 24 Hz to the frequency value 23 Hz.

For H.264 video system information reports nothing in Hz.

Strange, i've never seen this. What splitter and decoder do you use for H.264/mp4?

For mkv I'm using MPC Matroska Source.

Unfortunatly, the MPC Matroska source filter isn't that good. The first thing is that it doesn't implement the IAMStreamSelect interface for stream switching. And i also had some problems with several .mkv files when i use this splitter. I prefer LAV Splitter for .mkv files.

Sorry for my absence sometimes...

Ok tested 23,976;24;25;50;60 HZ

All working correct with new and old switching mode for me.

I´am using AMD APU and Windows 7 x64.

Thx for the work.

MFG Alex

Edited by jasch

Thank you for the feedback.

I'll try the next days, if it's better (or even working) to get the refresh rate directly from the filter graph right after it has been built (everything is connected already but not running).

Hi

I found this neat tool and it Works great changing from 60hz to 50hz on DVBViewer startup, but i'm having problem exiting DVBViewer. I have configured "activate on Application exit" Profile 7 (=60hz) but when exiting it changes to 59hz. I'm using a nvidia gtx 660 ti and Windows 8 Pro With media center.

kind regards,

Svein

• 1 month later...

Hallo SnoopyDog,

ich habe gesehen, dass Du Dein Plugin aktualisiert hast und mal versucht meine altes Reclock VBS damit zu ersetzten. Dabei sind mir (ATI) zwei Probleme aufgefallen:

1. Einige alte MKV (fiese prä 2008 Files) zeigen im DVBViewer 24,999Hz und Dein Plugin schaltet dann auf 24Hz. Hier wären 25Hz richtig(er).

2. Wahrscheinlich liegts am ATI Treiber, aber bei obigem Fall (50Hz => 24Hz bei 24,999HZ) und wenn von 24Hz auf 23,9Hz geschaltet wird, bleibt das Bild nach dem Umschalten schwarz und der DVBViewer(5) reagiert nicht mehr. Außer...: Man nimmt ihn vorher aus dem Fullscreen raus. Dann funktioniert das Umschalten, das Bild läuft weiter .. usw, alles gut.

Hättest Du Lust den 24,999Hz Bug zu fixen und vielleicht ein "[x] Remove fullscreen before switching" Checkböxchen einzubauen? Dann flöge ReClock endlich mal raus :-)

Getestet mit: W7x64, ATI 57-irgendwas, Treiber 12.10, Cyberlink 7+AC3 Filter od. LAV+LAV

Gruß,

jrk

Hi jErk, i will change the plugin so that it rounds 24.999 Hz to 25 Hz.

To the other problem: maybe you can play a bit with the delays. Try to increase the time "delay before switching". A value below 100 ms is not good.

• 2 weeks later...

I have another issue (hope I didnt miss any previous post on this):

When I stop a video with 24fps and DVBViewer returns to live TV, it keeps the 24fps profile until I change station.

• 2 months later...

I have another issue (hope I didnt miss any previous post on this):

When I stop a video with 24fps and DVBViewer returns to live TV, it keeps the 24fps profile until I change station.

I have exactly the same problem!

@edit:

I assigned 50 Hz to the 25Hz profile and now it works.

Great plugin!

Edited by feuse8
  • 9 months later...

I tried to use this plugin under Windows 8.1 and i cant create profiles. They are all empty and I dont know how to create one.

Maybe im just too blind to see how to use this plugin, but i got it working under win 7 a long time ago and i think that it was quite intuitive.

Does this work under windows 8.1? Any help would be appreciated ;-)

Yes, i am using it under Windows 8.1 without problems. What graphics card are you using? In the profile combo boxes, no frequency is listed (?) Did you try the manual frequncy override function?

Yes the combo boxes are empty. Tried the manual override too, but the values do not show up in the combo boxes and the configuration textfield for the override function is empty again.

Maybe im using the wrong format?

Running on Intel HD4000 with - according to the Intel Driver Utility - latest driver

Edit:

Shouldnt there be an ini file anywhere? Nothing under DVBViewer/Plugins and nothing under ProgramData/Mr-Soft/DVBViewer

Edited by VinoRosso

Does DVBViewer account have write permission in plugin folder? As far as I remember there should be an ini file in plugin folder.

Edited by dbraner

Yes, i store the config in "C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Plugins\LCDDriver.ini" and unfortunately Windows does not add the right "Everyone" has "Full access" to all subfolders in "C:\ProgramData". Normally, only the file creator has full rights...

But it is strange that you don't see any entry in these boxes...

I also use the Intel HD4000 graphics. And btw., i don't use a "Rebuild Graph" after switch anymore because it has some strange effects with ReClock.

But i will upload another update tomorrow because i found out that a frequeny switch WITH a rebuild graph will also confuse the HbbTV engine. I added an option that you can permit frequency switch in HbbTV mode.

Edited by SnoopyDog
  • 3 weeks later...

Added an update to the first page:

• Added source refresh rates 29 Hertz and 120 Hertz
  • Added an eighth profile for destination frequency mapping
  • Removed the option "Treat 23.99 Hertz as 24 Hertz". Source refresh rate is now always calculated as Trunc(freq+0.01) => 23.99 Hz will be treated as 24 Hz, 23.98 Hz and below as 23 Hz. The same for 29 Hz values.
  • Added an option to suppress frequency switching in HbbTV mode when start playing back a video. A frequency switch with a rebuild graph will kill the HbbTV engine.
  • Changed default values: Delay before switch: 500 ms / Rebuild graph after switch: false. With newer operating systems and hardware, a rebuild graph is not neccessary anymore. A too short delay before switching the frequency may corrupt underlaying software parts (e.g. Reclock, video renderer)

Im still struggling with this tool :-)

After updating the Intel HD4000 driver to the latest Version the comboboxes were filled. But at the next restart they were empty again.

Updated to the latest version of Frame Rate Switcher and now the values from the manual override are shown in the comboboxes (didnt work before), but it seems they have no effect.

The Framerate is not switched.....

Any Ideas? It is running on a MacMini2012 but i guess thats irrelevant and it worked on win7 before.

Edited by VinoRosso
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry, there was a bug filling up the new boxes.

Update 29.03.2014:

• New comboboxes were not filled properly with values.
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a great plugin, just what DVBViewer needs.

Could I ask for an enhancement? Could we have the ability to switch framerates ONLY when changing to full screen (much the same way as MPC-HC works)? For me, it doesn't really matter about framerate when running in windowed mode, and only really needs it full screen.

Cheers!

Hi renzz, this is a good idea :) Will check, if this is possible.

I uploaded an update with the new function that you requested :)

Thanks for doing this so quickly. However, I cannot get it to work - I have the new tick box checked ("Switch only if DVBViewer is running in full screen") but I start DVBViewer windowed. It doesn't switch framerate as it starts (which is good) but if I double-click the window to go full screen, it doesn't switch frame rate.

It does work if I have the option in DVBViewer to start full screen ticked. However, I also have a profile to execute when DVBViewer exits to switch back to 60Hz, but that doesn't seem to be getting run either.

Would it be possible to work as MPC-HC does? So start windowed - no switch. Got to full screen - switch. Exit app - switch.

Thanks

Im not sure if i have a problem with this plugin or with understanding the 23p/24p situation.

I got a lot of mkv files with 23.976 fps, the plugin switches my monitor to 23p but the video/audio gets more async the longer i look the video.

If i switch the display manually to 24p everything stay in sync.

So shouldnt 23,976 fps videos switch the display to 24p? Or am i having any other problems which im not aware of?

Both the same on a hd4000 and a hd5000.

23p should be the right switch for 23,976 fps sources.

Anyway not to choose the right refresh rate (i.e 24p, 25p) should not result in A/V async.

The Player / renderer (imho) should avoid that by repeating/dropping Frames (=> jitter).

I am not sure how it's implemented in DVBViewer ... maybe cinch can tell us more about it.

Have you tested 23p setting with mpc-hc/be and madVR Renderer?

Tested Enable/Disable Aero VSync Option?

Other directshowfilter?

Just did some tests in DVBViewer, i wasnt even sure that 23p is the correct rate for 23,976 fps videos.

Using ffdshow as decoder because it seems the only one which can show subtitles with hardware acceleration.

Aero vsync is disabled.

I guess ill have to investigate more :-)

• 4 weeks later...

@renzz: I uploaded an update which remembers the pending frequency switches while DVBViewer is not in full screen mode. When you switch back to full screen, the last frequency switch is done, when neccessary.

@VinoRosso: If your display shows 23.976 Hz content correct when it is switched to 24Hz, then set the values for 23 Hertz and 24 Hertz in the section "Frequency to profile mapping" to the same profile and make sure that this profile switches to 24 Hertz. My system needs different frequencies for 23.976 and 24 Hertz and this has nothing to do with the monitor that i connected, it is a requirement of the graphics card in combination with the direct show system.

@dvbrewer: You can switch only to the frequencies that are listed in the properties pages.

@renzz: I uploaded an update which remembers the pending frequency switches while DVBViewer is not in full screen mode. When you switch back to full screen, the last frequency switch is done, when neccessary.

@VinoRosso: If your display shows 23.976 Hz content correct when it is switched to 24Hz, then set the values for 23 Hertz and 24 Hertz in the section "Frequency to profile mapping" to the same profile and make sure that this profile switches to 24 Hertz. My system needs different frequencies for 23.976 and 24 Hertz and this has nothing to do with the monitor that i connected, it is a requirement of the graphics card in combination with the direct show system.

@dvbrewer: You can switch only to the frequencies that are listed in the properties pages.

Thanks for the update - it's almost there :original: I have it set to change only in full screen mode (to 50Hz) but to also switch back to 60Hz on exit. I start it windowed at 60Hz and then make it full screen and at that point it switches to 50Hz. However, if I either right-click and Exit or go back to windowed and exit, it does not switch to my Profile 2 to go back to 60Hz.

Ups sorry, i think the switch on exit is suppressed. I will check this later this evening.

I can not switch the frequency when you leave full screen mode because i geht no event when this happens...

Ok, the DVBViewer generates an "OnPlayStateChange" when you switch from full screen to windowed mode. So i can switch to the "Profile on Exit" when this happens...

He i updated to the newest version, the automatic Treat2399As24 option seems to be not working, i tryd with on BD image and one MKV.

He shows 23.999 but i get the 24Hz stutter.

When i man. switch to 24hz it runs smooth.

So it seems he is switching to 23.976 mode(23) .

MFG Alex

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I wonder is it possible to add a resolution setting to the profiles? I use a 720p projector, but the 50Hz profile gives me a much softer picture than when I set it manually. Strangely, the projector tells me that the res is 1080p, but the desktop seems to be the same size as 720 so must be upscaled to 1080 rather than resetting the res on the graphics card. Of course the complicating factor is that not all refresh rates work at 720p on some graphics cards.

There was an add-on for ATI cards that allowed you to select profiles with hotkeys stored on the CCC. Intel does not make seem to make profiles selectable via hotkeys so that would make ot more difficult.

I have recently changed to an Intel card, and it has some limitations, but was nowhere near as weak as i thought it was going to be. Other than hotkeys, I'm happier with Intel than with ATI (Less crashes for a start!). I'm not a much of a gamer, so I assume that's where ATI shine.

I can imagine that this change is might be very complicated and therefore may not be possible, but if I don't ask ....

Thanks,

C.

Edited by Cian
  • 1 month later...

Ok, the DVBViewer generates an "OnPlayStateChange" when you switch from full screen to windowed mode. So i can switch to the "Profile on Exit" when this happens...

Hi SnoopyDog,

Did you ever release a version incorporating this? The last one in your first post is still 31st May.

Cheers

• 1 year later...

It is in the first post, as usual

• 4 weeks later...

There is an update on the first page:

Update 12.11.1015:

• Removed unneccessary profile definitions.You can directly assign actual frequency values to set values now. An old configuration is converted to the new settings structure.
  • Changed system base => new structure of configuration file. Old configuration is converted.
  • Suppressed unneccessary frequency switch when changing from video playback to audio playback and visualization is active.
  • Changed initialization / shutdown code sequence.
  • Some changes due to new DVBViewer version.