MySeries - TV Series info OSD Plugin

amontillado

ok thank you.

here are the files.

The logs suggest that the myseries.xml is not loaded correctly. Could you try the myseries2.xml instead ?

can i help you with some more informations?

just say something. I hope that this plugin will work because this is exaclity this part of DVBViewer that i missed:)

for a short time i had a similar problem. the problem was the time who needs the plugin to initialize. to test it rename the "plugin" folder and make a new once with only myseries installed.

in my system the netstream-plugin was the bad-one. if i deinstalled it myseries was ok. with netstrem installed all series was shown in plugin-configuration but not in OSD. i had to change the osd (from conncinity to mediaportal z.b.) and myseries was was also shown in OSD. bur my english isn't good, i'm german and perhaps i can write a PM in German? if you want!

can i help you with some more informations?

just say something. I hope that this plugin will work because this is exaclity this part of DVBViewer that i missed:)

As soon as I have some time I'm happy to figure out what the problem is, unfortuattly this can take a while since I'm not at home currently.

You'll need to have a little patience i'm afraid ;)

Had a problem with the playlists, as this function did not really work for me (no upcoming episodes were played). But Tüftler found out that it had to do something with the evr and wrote a script for that.

Now everything works fine.

Also tried the autoupdate function and it works like a charme.

But I still have to ask something about the mymovies plugin:

Have you ever thought of an updatefunction for the mymovies plugin? I really would appreciate that!

Would be great if I just had to say which folder(s) to scan and the plugin would do the rest.

Would that be possible?

Anyway, I only can say that you're doing a great job!

Thanks for that!

Had a problem with the playlists, as this function did not really work for me (no upcoming episodes were played). But Tüftler found out that it had to do something with the evr and wrote a script for that.

Now everything works fine.

But I still have to ask something about the mymovies plugin:

Have you ever thought of an updatefunction for the mymovies plugin? I really would appreciate that!

Would be great if I just had to say which folder(s) to scan and the plugin would do the rest.

Would that be possible?

1. Can you post a link to that topic, curious about the script

2. I was at first planning to wait until Flowy changed FilmInfoPics so that it can directly write to the DB. Now that Flowy added an commandline option I will probably make some kind of auto update.. it is almost on top of the list.

But as I mentioned above, I'm away from home currently and it can some time before I have the time to add it.

i reinstalled my computer and installed the same version of DVBViewer (4.2.1). And now it works again:)

It is possible that there are problems with one of the other plugins, i used. I will try it with the "try and error" methoded and tell you which plugins will bring up the problem.

There are two more problems:

The first is that i cant download episode pictures, it crash everytime.

The second isnt realy a problem. It is possible that i can extend the space for the episode information and also use an higher font size? I know that there is an osdeditor, but i'm not quite sure if i can use is it right.

Thank you so far.

i reinstalled my computer and installed the same version of DVBViewer (4.2.1). And now it works again:)

It is possible that there are problems with one of the other plugins, i used. I will try it with the "try and error" methoded and tell you which plugins will bring up the problem.

There are two more problems:

The first is that i cant download episode pictures, it crash everytime.

The second isnt realy a problem. It is possible that i can extend the space for the episode information and also use an higher font size? I know that there is an osdeditor, but i'm not quite sure if i can use is it right.

Thank you so far.

Glad to hear it works... o:)

1. It does take a very long time (especially if there you download the info of multiple series) since it download all available episodes images of the series. Will it does this it can look like the program crashes (not responding) but in most cases it actually does still work. Can you look in the images dir and check if there are any images downloaded ( can be found in the configuration folder \ Images\Thumbs\myseries\ ).

2. It really is quit simple, just download the skineditor and open the myseries.xml, it will explain itself. :)

hi,

i just found this plugin and tested it over the weekend. i looked for something similar already long time since I recorded lots of series.

basically it works well (specially the series display) despite some handling inconveniences of the database administration.

bit funny was that it could not find (english) House M.D. but german Dr. House ...

--> thanks a lot for this one.

basically it works well (specially the series display) despite some handling inconveniences of the database administration.

Its actually listed as just "House" in thetvdb (source of the info) therefore it doesnt find it with MD behind it :rotfl:

Nice series btw :wacko:

Greetz

Edited by amontillado

New version (.15)

Added: Loads the background image of the home image for certain skins like Concicity Lite (by setting the "#menufocusimage" value to either "home_myseries.png" or "home_mediacenter_myseries.png").

Added option to select where MySeries is listed in the OSD menu (Home or htpcHome / Mediacenter)

• 1 month later...
i changed the skin of myseries so it show my a preview picture in the middle, but with version .15 it doenst work anymore.

Can you help me?

Can you post the xml, I'll then have a look at it.

i changed the skin of myseries so it show my a preview picture in the middle, but with version .15 it doenst work anymore.

Can you help me?

here, i hope you can help me:)

I have also troubles with the readability from the fonts. How can i change the transparency of the background images? It isnt a good idea to put white font on a white transparenc white image.

Did you mean the episode preview image? Because this xml doesnt have any episode picture at all, or I'm getting blind :)

For a episode picture you need to add a image with control id 3203 (and optional an episode background with cotnrol in 3233)

If you meant the poster image.. that seems to work fine here.

Unfortuantly you can only change the transparancy for all the osd (in the DVBViewer options menu), not per image.

What you can do is use a overlay image.

Try the xml and image below (copy xml to osd skin dir, and image to osd skin\images directory, change the used xml in myseries settings) and restart DVBViewer.

post-35319-1255779636_thumb.png

Hello,

Have you thought about changing mySeries plugin so green button is toggling through the different views. Similar to the toggle button on channelview where you can switch through TV, radio and favorites or similar to the red button in myComputer ? And maybe put "show fanart" on the red button ?

Hello!

The series plugins runs fine but it has one blemish - it becomes slow. By clicking down / selecting a season or an episode it reacts very slow.

Mymovies selection reacts much faster - any ideas?

I do have only a few series stored like 24 (season 1-7, Redemption), Little Britain (1-3, Abroad), Dr. House (6 seasons), Heroes (1-3), Alias (2 seasons), and Stargate (only 1 season), maybe 1 or 2 more series, can't remember.

My hardware: see below

Inti31

Edited by Inti31
Hello!

The series plugins runs fine but it has one blemish - it becomes slow. By clicking down / selecting a season or an episode it reacts very slow.

Mymovies selection reacts much faster - any ideas?

I know, its actually a small bug.. the value of update item delay is always set to 1 sec.. allready fixed in a new version

I know, its actually a small bug.. the value of update item delay is always set to 1 sec.. allready fixed in a new version

Thank you for the information - thought I've done sth. wrong - so it's not my system.

I use the last version (myseries_0.01.15) - you wrote that this is "allready fixed in a new version" - in which....? Did I miss sth. here...? o:)

With regards

Inti31

Edited by Inti31

Uploaded it.. v16.

- Changed: Loads acceptable videoextentions from DVBViewer setup.xml.

- Fix: UpdateItemDelay was always set to 1000, causing a delay in the update of the images, now looks at the setting again.

- Changes: If Season Back item is select the poster now displays Seriesposter.

- Added: Option to enable skipping in list on Keypress (Pressing 'd' moves to first item which starts with a 'd').

Thank you for the new release - It reacts now much faster - but I found another blemish - it concerns also to MyMovies-plugin.

I guess, I miss 2 pictures.

I experimented a little bit with the preferences related to both plugins.

When I select HTPC window I have a black screen in the media center menu.

black.jpg

Also it would be nice to start the media center directly (-x2110) BUT with the focus on MyMovies.

Is this possible ?

With regards

inti31

Thank you for the new release - It reacts now much faster - but I found another blemish - it concerns also to MyMovies-plugin.

I guess, I miss 2 pictures.

I experimented a little bit with the preferences related to both plugins.

When I select HTPC window I have a black screen in the media center menu.

Also it would be nice to start the media center directly (-x2110) BUT with the focus on MyMovies.

Is this possible ?

With regards

inti31

1. You need the latest version of the Concinnity3d skin for that

2. You can start MyMovies with -x99789.

1. You need the latest version of the Concinnity3d skin for that

2. You can start MyMovies with -x99789.

1: I do have always the latest version of concinnity 3D (17/09/09) installed

I reinstalled the skin again - same problem - when I change to htpc menu - the screen appears black (see screenshot in my last posts

2:i know that, but i want the media center menu as a start screen with the focus on mymovies, weather, whatever i want.

x2110 does that but the focus is on pictures...

Inti31

...by the way - a friend of mine - a new DVBViewer user - has the same problem, therefore I am asking ...

Edited by Inti31
1: I do have always the latest version of concinnity 3D (17/09/09) installed

I reinstalled the skin again - same problem - when I change to htpc menu - the screen appears black (see screenshot in my last posts

2:i know that, but i want the media center menu as a start screen with the focus on mymovies, weather, whatever i want.

x2110 does that but the focus is on pictures...

Inti31

...seems like I am the only one has the missing pictures in media center menu, I am not?

1. Markus more or less discontuined the development of the "old" concinnity 3D, the "new" concinnity 3D lite is more flexible and allows for other plugin in the mediacenter menu

2. Not possible, you can only select a specific window but not an item on start up in DVBViewer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem with downloading banners and other images.

The program wants to download from images.thetvdb.com/...

but the images are at www.thetvdb.com/...

Here you can see an extract from the log-file:

download failed:http://images.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/82155-2.jpg

download failed:http://images.thetvdb.com/banners/fanart/original/82155-5.jpg

Can you fix this error? Thanks.

I have a problem with downloading banners and other images.

The program wants to download from images.thetvdb.com/...

but the images are at www.thetvdb.com/...

Here you can see an extract from the log-file:

Can you fix this error? Thanks.

images.thetvdb.com used to be the primary mirror, I hardcoded it a while ago when the loadbalancing of thetvdb didnt seem to work in order to prevent failed download. Unfortunatly it seems that currenty image... is down.

I attached a version that connects to the general site again (btw without www)

Thanks for the heads up

Edited by amontillado

I've done it - now W7 EE 64bit is installed on my MC (hardware see sig above)

Everything works fine as far as I can see - I used the latest driver available for my system - also MyMovies-Db is filled again - just imported - have to check the FilmInfoPics 0.0.9 later.

My Problem is - the Manager of MySeries hangsup - it freezes after a few seconds.

it seems that the manager downloaded some files (have some in dir C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Images\Thumbs\myseries\)

I tried to select a few episodes only then i selected only one - same problem.

Any idea?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ich habe heute meinen MC (siehe Sig) auf W7 EE 64bit umgestellt und alles neu aufgespielt nebst neuesten Treibern.

Alles prima - soweitt ich sehen kann - die Skystar rennt prima, treibertechnisch alles i. O und auf dem neuesten Stand

Nun zum meinem Problem - der MySeriesmanager hängt sich auf - egal ob ich eine Episode oder mehrere anklicke -

Wizigerweise wird etwas geladen - im Verzeichnis C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Images\Thumbs\myseries\

befinden sich eine paar jpgs (in den jeweiligen Unterordern).

Eine Idee?

Greetz/Gruss Inti31

My Problem is - the Manager of MySeries hangsup - it freezes after a few seconds.

it seems that the manager downloaded some files (have some in dir C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer\Images\Thumbs\myseries\)

I tried to select a few episodes only then i selected only one - same problem.

The first time you download info of a series it can take a long..long..long time. Even if you only select a single episode it will still download all the info.

Dont worry if it looks like it doesnt respond for a while, just leave it alone.. it will eventually finish (hopefully).

If you want to get going a bit faster you can disable the downloading of all type of images (under settings)

Is there a possibility that deleted episodes/seasons/series are automatically removed from the database (like adding with the auto-update)?

Edited by blennitom
Is there a possibility that deleted episodes/seasons/series are automatically removed from the database (like adding with the auto-update)?

They should get removed upon auto-update, as long as the path is not a "removable" path

OK. My files are on another PC in my network and i marked it as removable, because it is not always running when my htpc is running.

When I don't use the option "removable", it will delete the database-entries when my PC is turned off and an auto-update is running - correct?

A suggestion for one of the next versions: You could check if the removable device is available - if it is, deleted episodes could be removed from the database.

But it's really a great work you've done, i like this plugin! Thanks

Edited by blennitom