Skystar HD2 stuttering

I have a problem watching TV with this card. There is a stuttering in every 10-20 seconds. I've tried with every codec combination but without success. This is my PC:

MB MSI P45 platinum

Core 2 Quad Q9400

Kingston 2x2 GB

Geforce 9600GT 512MB

Chieftec 500W

I've tested with DPC tool and the diagram is ok and it says " This machine should be able to handle real-time streaming of audio and/or video data without drop-outs."

Watching youtube full HD is perfect, also watching movies 1080p is not a problem, but live tv with skystar hd2 has a terrible stuttering. The signal is good. I've tried with every drivers. Now i'm back with the latest 1.3 drivers from the official site of Technisat. One guy in this forum has sold this problem with BIOS Option: Disable C1E Stepping

Enable Cool&Quiet, but i didn't find that in my bios. I've tried every F buttons in bios, it didn't work. In advanced menu there is C1E support and its disabled but it doesn't make difference.

Guys, please help. Every suggestion is welcomed.

Yes I already know that hd channels are in 1080i, but with this "you should try recordings first" you didn't help or maybe you're trying to tell that if you want to watch HD TV, you have to record it first? :)

Your comment is not a suggestion, you know.

And when I wrote about 1080p movies I mean that everything common with the graphic in the computer is fine.

Ok, right now for Mpeg2 video decoder I'm using Nvidia Video decoder, for H.264 ffdshow, VC1 decoder ffdshow, as for audio MP2 Nvidia audio decoder ,MP3,AC3 I'm using ffdshow decoder and for AAC, Microsoft DTV-DVD audio decoder.

Here is screenshot http://a.imageshack.us/img155/3161/29669229.png

I have installed CLVDpack and HD pack 2.2 but with cyberlink decoders is worse.

And here is the stuttering http://a.imageshack.us/img716/9563/57407297.png

Edited by emco83

try cyberlink decoder and activate DXVA(right click, view-filter-caberlink). Also check for discontinuities(right click, view,filter,dvbsource). If discontinuities occur often, then there is a problem with the signal ro the drivers.

Try the following....in order of priority.

1- Check F-connector at all IN & OUT connections - should not be loose.

2- For DirectX, dont leave VC1 to system default. Assign suitable Cyberlink or ArcSoft decoder.

3- Also change from EVR to VMR9....see if that helps.

If you are using some kind of sharing... then that can be the biggest source of this problem.

1. I didn't understand that. Where can I check that?

2. I've tried with Cyberlink and ffdshow and still without success.

3. I've tried that.

I'm not using any sharing. The stuttering remains on FTA channels too

UPDATE

I've tested the same Skystar HD2 on other computer and I can say it's smooth all the time. The testing was on ZDF HD, ARD HD and Viva Tv Germany. The other computer is with integrated 64mb card, core 2 duo E5300, 2GB ram and by watching more than a 15 minutes it didn't stuttered at all, which means it's from the motherboard. I don't believe it's from the graphic drivers, I've tried a lot of them. In other forum some dude had a same problem and he resolved by disabling Disable C1E Stepping in BIOS, but in my motherboard BIOS I can not find that option. Once again my motherboard is MSI P45 platinum. Guys if know solution to find that menu please post it to me or post some other suggestion.

I've talk to salesman, he's now on vacation and he will be able to see the card on 20-21 august.

Edited by emco83
  • 3 weeks later...

I've changed the card with a new one and didn't worked. Today I've tested on other PC , but the problem still exist. Please any of you that has skystar, post your codec combination.

Edited by emco83
skystar hd2 has a terrible stuttering

Check View -> Filters -> DVBSource and the discontinuity counter on the property page.

It's a known problem with certain mainboards and the SkyStar HD2 (and other relabeled AzureWave cards). In most cases it can't be solved. Save time and useless efforts, buy another card.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys. I've changed my card this time with Skystar USB HD and I'm testing now. I've noticed that on transedit posinioter menu its gray, so I cannot use the H-H motor for USALS. Any help?

WOW, nvidia DECODER? On Win7? This is an old codec, uninstall this crap.

Use Microsoft for MPEG2 and HD, test it, use EVR MODE and not EVR CUSTOM. See if you have problems.

And also if you have ffdshow installed, disabled RAW in it.

And also i think that MSI board is the culprit, MSi on Intel has some problems with some tuners. Ask Msi engineers for an beta bios and test it.

Test the tuner in another system.

Here are your board bios options, http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/msi-p45-platinum_6.html

Coold^quiet is for amd systems, not intel.

I have myselft this problem... look here, http://i55.tinypic.com/wilj0w.jpg

Some say tuner it's the culprit, or compatibility from mainboard to tuner...who knows...

Edited by bogdan1980

@bogdan1980

I've made a clean install windows 7 32bit and now I'm using only the drivers from win 7 and ffdshow. The previous card was already tested on other PC with gigabyte motherboard but it has the same problem. Today I've made a lot of testing with this new card and I can say that now there is no stuttering on free SD and HD channels, but there is stuttering on scrambled SD in every 30-50 seconds and HD channels more often. I'm only using [removed].

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I've changed my card this time with Skystar USB HD and I'm testing now. I've noticed that on transedit posinioter menu its gray, so I cannot use the H-H motor for USALS. Any help?

Maybe yes. Please attach your TransEdit.ini (see Info -> Configuration Folder in TransEdit).

but there is stuttering on scrambled SD in every 30-50 seconds and HD channels more often. I'm only using XXXXX.

disable all plugins that are not allowed and use the SC from your Provider and then test for shuttering.

PeterF

"§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combi­nation with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common inter­face" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies re­gardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not."

@ bogdan1980

The problem was the compatibility with the motherboard and skystar hd2, so there is no solution for that.

@Griga

This is the ini file of transedit

[frmSettings]

Left=747

Top=428

cbScanNIT=0

cbMarkNoPAT=0

cbSkipMarked=0

cbProvider=0

cbOverwrite=0

cbDateStamp=0

cbAlwaysFECAuto=0

cbUpdateNames=1

cbAppendFrequency=0

cbExcludeFromEPG=0

cbAssumeATSC=0

udTunerLock=2000

udPATTimeout=3000

udPMTTimeout=7500

udSDTTimeout=5000

udNITTimeout=5000

cbVideoDecoder=MainConcept MPEG-2 Video Decoder

cbH264Decoder=MainConcept AVC/H.264 Video Decoder

cbAudioDecoder=<System Default>

edOutputPath=C:\Users\Emanuel\Videos\

udBufferSize=8

cbPIDInfo=0

cbAcceptError=0

cbHighFileSpeed=0

cbCheckCRC=1

cbReadEIT=1

cbReadEITOther=0

cbReadExtEvent=0

udTreshold=8

Width=354

Height=353

cbPrivateSections=0

[frmPID]

Left=414

Top=275

Width=851

Height=500

Splitter=271

PIDStats=10,77,51,50,81,96,145,5,0

cbTableStatistics=0

cbHex=0

ShowNodePath=0

[frmDiSEqCEdit]

Left=633

Top=370

[frmTransEdit]

Left=551

Top=244

Width=808

Height=497

SatSortType=0

SatSortReverse=0

lvSatellites=140,60,50

lvTransponders=50,36,50,36,200

LastNetwork=Astra 1E/1G/3A 23.5°E

LastFrequency=11515

LastPolarisation=1

[Version]

EXEVersion=3.5.4.0

IniVersion=771

[frmScanner]

Left=396

Top=198

Width=728

Height=615

lvChannels=114,90,44,56,44,44,44,44,44,44,44,44,44

cbSortBy=Provider

cbRoot=Eurobird 1 & Astra 2A/2B/2D 28.2°E

btnGroup=0

rbFTA=0

rbEncrypted=0

rbBoth1=1

rbTV=0

rbRadio=0

rbBoth2=1

cbMultiAudio=1

cbVideoOnly=1

cbData=0

cbPresent=1

cbInactive=0

[Hardware]

Name.0=SkyStar USB HD

ID.0=3387959702

TunerType.0=1

Groups.0=255

Status.0=2

DeviceNr.0=0

DeviceType.0=0

StopStreaming.0=0

AutoRetune.0=0

StandardInterface.0=0

DVB-S2.0=1

I've tested with share plugin and its working great, no stuttering on free/scrambled SD and HD channels, so in this USB HD card, the problem comes from the emu. Please if anyone who know how can I solve the problem with the emu send me a PM

Edited by emco83

Attach, don't post!

Name.0=SkyStar USB HD

ID.0=3387959702

It is one of the TechniSat devices allowing to use a WDM/Network driver, right? Sorry, no positioner / DiSEqC 1.2 support in DVBViewer and TransEdit. TechniSat doesn't want it, and we accept it.

However, up to now the agreement only applied to PCI cards (SkyStar2, SkyStar S2). So actually I don't know what TechniSat wants in case of this USB device. I have to ask...

With ProgDvb USALS is working.

ProgDVB doesn't seem to care about what TechniSat wants. Our situation is different... nevertheless I've sent a mail to TechniSat, because I want to know if the restriction applies to your device.

I got a reply now: TechniSat allows to use the SkyStar USB HD with a motor. It automatically switches LNB voltage off if the current exceeds 450 mA, so it can't be destroyed by a motor with a higher current consumption.

Sorry, they didn't inform us. We will change it in the next releases.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I've got almost the same issues. Except that 50% of my channels is working fine. I am not watching HD quality, but a lower standard resolution (not sure what it is). I am using a MSI 740GTM-P25 mainboard. If i understand the problem correct, the PCI slot gives too less power, even with the molex plugin it's too less? The only solution is to buy another TV card?

I've already tried all kinds of thing with power management but nothing seems to work. My current settings are:

Video render: Enhanced video render

I also have to note that my MPEG 2 video under the Decoder tabs is 'FAILED', but i don't know how to solve this.