"No Hardware Available" after upgrading to DVBViewer Pro 4.5

Ivan Fung

Hi,

The DVBViewer Pro was working fine in previous version 4.2.1 and the various beta downloaded from old members area. However, it shows "No hardware Available" after updated to Ver 4.5.0.0 when I switch the channel (It showed blank screen when I start the DVBViewer initially). The new version seems can detect the TV Tuner, but it shows different model no. of the TV Tuner( In the Setting->Option->Hardware, it shows the detected TV Tuner as "7160 BDA DMB-TH Tuner" but in fact my Device Manager shows it is "NXP TV7138 DMB-TH/PAL Hybrid Device"). Attached please find the support.zip and below please find the other information.

Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT220

Driver : 8.17.11.9732

TV Tunder : NXP TV7138 DMB-TH/PAL Hybrid Device

Driver : PEGATRON GROUP 1.0.4.3

PC Model : HP-Pavilion S5188hk

Mother board specification : PEGATRON Corporation : IPIEL-LA3 (Eureka3)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01746799&tmp_track_link=ot_faqs/top_issues/en_hk/c01746799/loc:4&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=hk〈=en&product=3986214

Thanks,

Ivan

--

support.zip

it shows the detected TV Tuner as "7160 BDA DMB-TH Tuner" but in fact my Device Manager shows it is "NXP TV7138 DMB-TH/PAL Hybrid Device").

The device and tuner filter name may be different. Perform Options -> Hardware -> Detect Devices. Any change?

Additionally tick Options -> Hardware -> Use Internal Network Provider Filter. Does it help?

I tried "Scan Device" button again and tried delete the device and scan again but nothing change. The "Use internal Network Provider Filter" also does not help. Any idea?

TransEdit has detected the device under the same name as DVBViewer Pro 4.5 (7160 BDA DMB-TH Tuner), so that's not the source of the trouble.

In order to narrow it down, do the following:

- Start DVBViewer 4.5 via Start -> Programs -> DVBViewer Program Group -> Support -> DVBViewer (Debug Mode). Tune some channel, close DVBViewer and again attach a support.zip (now containing a debug.log).

- Tick Settings -> Hardware -> Use Internal Network Provider Filter in TransEdit. Does it still work?

- Try TransEdit 3.6 from the new members area (keep a backup of the old version). Does it work with Use Internal Network Provider Filter ticked / unticked?

Hi Griga,

1. Attached please find the support.zip after running debug mode.

2. For TransEdit 3.4.2 . It works fine after I Checked on and off for the Hardware Setting : Use Internal Network Provider.

3. I can only download the TransEdit 3.5.4 (instead of 3.6) in the new members area. It works fine also for both on and off setting.

Please let me know where I can download the TransEdit 3.6 if it is released.

thanks,

Ivansupport.zip

I can only download the TransEdit 3.5.4 (instead of 3.6) in the new members area.

The only TransEdit version in the new members area (from where you have downloaded DVBViewer 4.5) is TransEdit 3.6!

Hi,

I encountered the very same problem today, after upgrading to Pro 4.5 (using a Hauppauge Win-TV-HVR 4400 under Windows 7). The tips given bij Griga didn't help me either.

But this is what brought back audio and video to DVBViewer: I uninstalled Recording Services and suddenly al was fine again.

Any explanation for this behaviour?

Andreas

• 6 years later...

I spent ages trying to get this to work.

I solved it as follows

Make sure RTSP is enabled on the server.

On the client go to hardware and in devices on the right side delete any that are there then select add, then select RTSP network device. Enter the ip address of the server and the ports exactly as the RTSP settings on the server. Close and reopen the client and it worked for me. The only issue I had then was that I got sound but a black screen. I resolved this by going to settings and selecting Video output B. All ok now.