DVBViewer Pro v4.8.1 installer's Component Downloader Error: Could

antdude

Hello.

I was trying to upgrade my old DVBViewer Pro v4.5.0.0 to v4.8.1.0 in my old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 PC, but DVBViewer Pro v4.8.1 installer's Component Downloader gave me an error: Could not download all files! ... I did allow its C:\TEMP\IS-H4T7R.TMP\DVBVDOWNLOADER.TMP to access the Internet with DNS, SOCKS, PROXY, HTTPS, and HTTP rules in Outpost Firewall 2009 v6.5.1 (2725.381.0687).

After the incomplete(?) upgrade, DVBViewer Pro seems to be updated and working but I am not sure since some of its files are still old. For example with D:\winstuff\DVBViewerPro\changelog.html that is still dated 7/24/2009.

I attached a screen shot of the installer's error and my dir command results of my incomplete DVBViewer Pro upgrade.

I don't remember having this problem with v4.5.0.0 upgrade over whatever I had before.

Thank you in advance. :)

DirAndScreenShotError.zip

Edited by antdude
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

I have updated from demo to pro.

I have the same issue.

I've lost all the channels also.

As for channels, I noticed overinstalls/upgrades always delete them. So before you do that, just export the channel list as a backup. Reimport them. It's annoying indeed. It has been like since v3.x IIRC. :(

Hi sorry for answering that late. This is probably caused by the lack of rights in order to download and extract the files in the target folder.

Usually the installer tries to get administrator rights in order to be able to install all files. Can you provide us with the support information?

Even a complete reinstall should not harm the settings you have. The DVBViewer is quite compatible to older versions.

Christian

PS: @antdude: I know you are from north america so maybe you could help me with one small issue. Do you know some people who use a STB in combination with an hauppauge hd pvr? If so, it would be nice if you could drop me a pm. I currently don't know how to handle this ir blaster thing and since my sample is still in the mail i can not test several ideas here :(

Hi sorry for answering that late. This is probably caused by the lack of rights in order to download and extract the files in the target folder.

Usually the installer tries to get administrator rights in order to be able to install all files. Can you provide us with the support information?

Even a complete reinstall should not harm the settings you have. The DVBViewer is quite compatible to older versions.

Christian

PS: @antdude: I know you are from north america so maybe you could help me with one small issue. Do you know some people who use a STB in combination with an hauppauge hd pvr? If so, it would be nice if you could drop me a pm. I currently don't know how to handle this ir blaster thing and since my sample is still in the mail i can not test several ideas here :(

Christian:

Hmm, even in XP Pro. SP3 with an administrator level account? That makes no sense to me to get the errors. Well, I always lose my my channel lists when upgrading my DVBViewer Pros. :(

I reran its Support Tools and attached its zip file with its results. :)

No, I don't know anyone with STB in combination with an Hauppauge HD PVR. I don't know many people with a media center/HTPC too. And I am the only one who uses DVB Viewers. :( Have you tried asking public in this forum yet?

support.zip

Edited by antdude
  • 2 months later...

I got that error again when upgrading with v4.9.0 today on the same PC. I even tried disabling firewall and using the installed downloader (D:\winstuff\DVBViewerPro\DVBVDownloader.exe).

post-17855-0-19258800-1316119306_thumb.gif

Edited by antdude

Hi.

See attached screen shot from an upgrade over v4.8 and through D:\winstuff\DVBViewerPro\DVBVDownloader.exe on my old, updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 machine. I never had this problem in the past.

Thank you in advance. :)

Edited by antdude

The downloader has not been changed since DVBViewer Pro Version 4.6. So it's unlikely for sudden problems to be caused by the downloader. Please check the firewall/antivirus prg etc.

The downloader has not been changed since DVBViewer Pro Version 4.6. So it's unlikely for sudden problems to be caused by the downloader. Please check the firewall/antivirus prg etc.

Like I said, I tried it with firewall disabled. I don't use any antivirus. Should I repost a newer support file?
  • 6 years later...