Get mad with Anysee E7 S2 w. W7 32 SP1

trifon33

Hi,

Just installed the Anysee E7 S2 on fresh install W7 32 SP1 with most recent graphic drivers and updates.

Then DVBViewer 4.9 with CIAPI.dll

VisualC++2005 installed

Evrything OK, The Anysee hardware is detected with 2 occurences: without MCE detected as Satellite and MCE detected as terrestric.

During Anysee driver installation, "Enable MS Windows Media center for virtual DVB-S/S2 tuner" was checked.

After scan OK, CAM recognised. Picture OK and chanel change OK.

The issue:

After this first DVBViewer usage, if closing the software then retsart again, the Anysee does not work..no picture no signaL

I have to reboot thez computer to recover normal DVBViewer working....

May be I did something wrong during the anysee driver installation?

Or shall I have to set something in the Option>>Hardware panel???

So that to make the issue clear, I have juste installed the Anysse driver ans DVBViewer on the computer after W7 32 SP1 install...

Please help

support.zip

Edited by trifon33

A known Anysee driver bug. Please use this driver

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/anyseeDriver_Setup_CNO_20110916.zip

provided by Anysee for testing after we reported the issue. Dunno if it is already available on the Anysee site...

Thanks Griga..

It look like very similar to the one available on Anysee website...but with little difference in size.

I'll test it tomorrow and report the result to you...

Edited by trifon33

As promised, I have installed the new driver.....

Everything OK......

But....

In addition, I have installed my Avermedia USB DVB-T dongle A867R-3D with the most recent application and driver with W7 SP1 update..

Again, everything OK....I can change chanels from DVB-T to DVB-S and vice versa without any issue....

But....

Unfortunatly, that worked only once...

Now, I can't go from SAT to Terrestric..I have to close and open DVBViewer then boot again to get the DVB-T chanels.

At that step, I can go to SAT chanels thanks to enhanced Anysee driver...

The DVB-T device is there with the baregraph+epg telling it's OK, but no picture no sound..rebuild graph does not help...

The issue is thus on the DVB-T dongle now.....

Nota: I have mentionned the issue with the TT DVB-S2 3200 first...I suspect the driver not fully compatible with W7 SP1 version....to be confirmed...

Presently, the same driver downloaded from Anysee website won't work...

Edited by trifon33

Maybe a Windows Media Center background service is occupying the device?

I have not started anything with MCE on this HTPC...No DVB devices detection or things like that...Nether open MCE yet..

So, what should I do to confirm it????

Edited by trifon33

I have discovered something I guess interesting:

When chanel change from SAT encrypted chanel(Astra 19.2/Viaccess w. CAM SMIT) to DVB-T FTA chanel, I get black sreen: signal level+EPG OK.

But, if chanel change fron SAT FTA chanel to DVB-T: no problem....

I understand why sometimes I thought there was no issue and sometimes yes....

Hope this info could help to solve the problem.

May be the CIAPI.dll version that deal with CI support is concerned???

I have observed the dll in question is integrated in Anyseee application; there are different versions of this software available from dutch or french shop...but not from Anysee website...just drivers...

Edited by trifon33

I have performed few more tests:

Change Anysee E7 S2 driver option w.o. MCE virtual device: same result.

Under MCE, same result: unable to change encrypted SAT chanel to terrestric chanel: the picture pop up for few seconds then hangs.

I come to the conclusion that it is not possible under W7 w or wo SP1 to use more than one device when one of them is encrypted....

To say so, I refer to my first test with the PCI TT DVB-S2 3200 with W7 issue wo SP1....same nasty issue...

I have neither observed such problem under XP....

Edited by trifon33

Continuation:

New fresh install W7 64 SP1 with all updates..take âges....

Anysee driver installation with virtual MCE DVB-s unchecked as recommanded for W7.

Avermedia specific driver for MCE.

Test under MCE: evrything installed without any isssue; scans DVB-T plus DVB-S OK...

At that step, when viewing SAT encrypted chanel then chanel change to DVB-T, the picture is jerky(SD).

I suspect under MCE, both devices are working at the same time..I mean, not sequentialy...

Obviously, there is one specific Anysee driver issue.

Coming back to "DVBiewer special" E7 S2 driver + regular Avermedia W7 64 driver, DVBViewer is OK excepted the issue previously mentionned. Both devices can't work at the same time...

Edited by trifon33

I found the answer:

The shipset Afatech 90** driver is not compatible with the one used in the Anysee.

It is likely all devices using this brand won't work with the Anysee. it's by the way a pity as these shipset series are pretty nice

with regards to the minimum BER(bit error rate) in tough multipath propagation...

Pls find shipset list for DVB-T USB found in Linux website:

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices

Consequencly, removed the Avermedia driver then installed my old Hauppauge Novat T stick(shipset DIB 7700).

Everything OK....

Edited by trifon33
  • 2 weeks later...

Conclusion after many tests:

There is conflict between the Afatech shipset driver with devices CI application. Same issue with Afatech generic driver or Avermedia driver.

I have removed the CAM Viaccess from the Anysee E7 S2, then installed one plugin for virtual CAM(Phoenix card reader)

Everything run like a dream...no more issue...

So, DVBViewer is not concerned, so Anysee device....

Avermedia with Afatech shipset is the guilty....

Edited by trifon33
  • 1 month later...

Presently, the combo DVB-T + DVB-S system, Anysee E7 S2 + Twintech UT 30, is perfect....

But, be carefull if the E7 S2 loopthrough LNB output is connected to another DVB-S device(same PC) or STB....that won't work with random instability...likely earth loop issue...

I guess this feature is useless...

• 1 month later...

It look like some mother boards are very sensitive to external connexion of commons wires; i.e. making external connexion between USB and COM port when using device that need it....or STB to A/V amplifier as previously described....

With another mother board, the Anysee loopthrough LNB feature to PCI DVB-S device in the same computer seems to work without any issue...