Comskip support for DVBViewer/RS

majstang

Cannot understand why this request gets ignored constantly. I mean if searching the forum 10 pages full of threads emerge asking for it. Howcome in principle any good PVR software out there supports Comskip output files, but the best DVBViewer/RS does not?

I think it's time this request gets bumped up in the priority list.

Requests:

1. RS - Comskip support for LiveTV recording - pre recording task, or some kind task that can be integrated with a recording timer, that can launch comskip and the comskip output file gets created on the fly. Comskip will soon support LiveTV for .ts files.

2. DVBViewer - fileplay comskip support - DVBViewer will be abled to search media folder for .edl (Mediaplayer) .cut.chp (Zoomplayer)

or VPrj (Videoredo) and load them along with the recording skipping the commercials.

WE WANT COMSKIP :D

• 4 weeks later...

Without a working cut tool it is quite useless. Anyway why don't you write a script which executes comskip each time a recording is complete? Why do you think everything has to be spoonfed by the author? It is honestly not that complicated to create a comskip plugin.

@LocalHolgi

As Tjod linked to, the script is already in place. Downside is it requires VideoReDo which is quite pricey and this solution also consumes much

disk space. Sometimes Comskip applies the cutpoints rather sloppy and it's therefor best to keep both the original recording and the edited one

until it's watched. This script solution works quite well, with exception from VideoReDo do not handle unicode yet. All files with unicode glyphs

in the filename passed to VideoReDo can't be edited. Although this is going to be fixed soon, since it having highest development priority now.

The sad part with scripts is of course it can be hard to set up and is usually not something for the beginner.

Regarding the Comskip plugin for DVBViewer it does already exist:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/10169-commercial-detection/page__view__findpost__p__77551

Problem is not even the developers knows how to use it. Christian promised to overhaul it if he got some free time. I know both Christian and Lars have

a full development plate with tasks having much higher priority. But if not reminding them about the smaller features a great deal of us want,

you can be sure it will slip into oblivion. It's our duty to remind them, in the same way it's theirs to decide about the priorities in the To-Do List.

We can only try to influence them and hope to get their attension in order to get higher priority for features that is dear to us.

You seem to have a problem with that, since I see you again and again making "snarky" commentaries about suggestions & ideas as if you are trying to

curry favour with someone. I don't think you are especially enthusiastic about the commercials either. Having a Comskip plugin for DVBViewer would

be great and I can assure you, creating such a plugin is not as easy as you think. Not for the kind of integration level that is required before it

can be regarded as quality and something that could compete with the best Comskip features other PVR systems can show for.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/41591-one-leftclick-on-mouse-equal-pause-during-fileplay/page__view__findpost__p__369034

That is a big project for sure and would require lots of time to solve. Take a look at the vbscripts in the plugin and see for yourself how much you

understand. If it were that easy don't you think Christian had fixed it a long time ago? And if it's that easy as you say, why not dazzle us with your skills ;)

Yep, Comskip Erik recently added LiveTV detection for .TS files. Which means Comskip detects commercials while recording.

Tested it and it works great. Hopefully we don't have to wait another 6+ years before Comskip output can be used in DVBViewer ;)

That comskip plugin is not working with DVBViewer... maybe its me or ?! im no programmer at all:D

That comskip plugin is not working with DVBViewer... maybe its me or ?! im no programmer at all:D

Yes, that is accurate, it's not working with DVBViewer and that is my main point with this request! Christian released it December 2005 and none of the downloaders have been abled to get it working ever since :whistle:

Truthfully, I would have deleted the thread entirely, cuz it's just isn't nice tempting us with such a kick-a** feature, when in reality it's a huge disappointment. Just my two cents ;)

• 3 years later...

There is no support for pause recordings. And mostly will never.

So it is only possible after the recording.

And there you can use the task option to run it automatically after each recording. This option is there since many years. You only need to know the command line parameters for Comskip.