Plugin to turn other Monitors "off"

hackbart

From time to time i got asked if we could not turn the monitors off which are not used in fullscreen. Well i personally dislike such a feature, because i use more than one display at the same time and dislike the fact that e.g. iTunes turns my second Monitor off in Fullscreen by default.Anyway the attached plugin allows such a behavior in the DVBViewer. Just put the dll into the plugins folder and each time you set the DVBViewer to fullscreen the other monitors will be disabled. It is just a 30 Minutes proof of concept, but seem to run fine. I also attached the source, maybe somebody might find it useful.

Christian

monoff.zip

Edited by hackbart
Updated Version

From time to time i got asked if we could not turn the monitors off which are not used in fullscreen. Well i personally dislike such a feature, because i use more than one display at the same time and dislike the fact that e.g. iTunes turns my second Monitor off in Fullscreen by default.

same to me. But with your plugin it's the first time, that I can use the TV@50Hz and the Monitor@60Hz _without_ any stuttering! I use an 'old' Intel Core i3-540 with HD Graphic. I still wonder that the cursor is visible at the dark monitor..so it's not 'off'.

Thank You!

<edit>

sorry, but it's still stuttering, even with your plugin.

</edit>

Edited by omnium

Well the plugin does just create a black colored fullscreen-window on each "unused" monitor. From time to time i think it really might be useful, i guess i will update it once i find the time to :)

Christian

Yes, the problem is that the plugin is querying which monitor is used by the DVBViewer and this caused the exception. I fixed that problem, but after using Win+P the plugin is disabled until the application has been restarted. I also added a menu item to enable it and if you click on the black monitor you turn it on. Source and Plugin are attached on the first topic.