3D Shader

hackbart

Hi,

since i do not want to buy a complete 3d system and thanks to amazon i was able to get an affordable used alternative (Zeiß Cinemizer OLED). I never thought that such a device is quite cool. Unluckily it does not support L/R images, at least with a 1080 desktop resolution. So i wrote a small shader which turns the left/right 3d image to up/down. The solution runs very well with the glass :)

sampler s0 : register(s0);

float4 main(float2 tex : TEXCOORD0) : COLOR
{	
 if ( tex.y < 0.5 ) {
   tex.x = tex.x / 2;
   tex.y = tex.y * 2;
 }
 else
 {
   tex.x = (tex.x / 2) + 0.5;
   tex.y = (tex.y - 0.5) * 2;
 }
 float4 l = tex2D(s0, tex);
 return float4( l.r, l.g, l.b, 1);
}

If you need down/up instead change the if comparision from tex.y<0.5 into tex.y>0.5.

Christian

• Like 1

For me as regular spectacle wearer the usage is quite nice. I can set the dioptrine value directly on the glass and while watching a movie in 3D i neither got red eyes nor headache. To be honest the bad thing is that the advertising differs a bit from the reality. It is indeed like sitting in a cinema but more in the last row than near the front.

Christian

• 3 years later...

You should be able to modify the celshader .shader file to better fit your uses. By default, it does indeed stick out a lot, but Im sure it can be tweaked.