Just Radio & DAB(+)

hackbart

Hi,

i mentioned this last week in an older german DAB thread and today i'm able to publish the first beta version of Just Radio. The application was designed for MacOS systems and i will publish in the Mac Store probably in August. Last week i decided to add DAB to release the player also for Windows. Every user with a valid DVBViewer license can download the app in our members section.

It comes with more than 30000 radio stations from all over the world. You can either select them in a list or by clicking on a map which will list all available stations at the selected region. If you have a DAB Stick (like this one or any other with a Realtek RT283x Chipset) you will also be able to play and record DAB and DAB+ Radio.

Integrating DAB into the DVBViewer is also in plan, but its a lot of work which might be better spent in other things first. Anyhow the radio database will become integrated also in the DVBViewer, till then have fun with this player like i do while working on it. The content is also part of the Daddo Player, so if you like to listen to music you should give Daddo also a try. Its available for iOS and Android platforms.

dab.jpg internet.jpg local.jpg map.jpg

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...

I've updated the application and published the first build for MacOS.

-Fix: recordings did not work. Now you get proper AAC files for AAC Streams, MP3 for Mpeg3 etc.

-Add: Ability to record each song instead of one long recording

-Add: Updated Radiodatabase

-Add: Songhistory will show you all played songs

Bildschirmfoto 2014-07-17 um 18.23.22.png Bildschirmfoto 2014-07-17 um 18.24.20.png

I've updated the application.

-Fix: UTF8 encoded stream titles should now be correct

-Add: A signal graphic should show you the strength of your DAB signal. Green is fine, Yellow can cause distortions, Red probably causes distortions and Grey means no signal.

-Add: Help-Menuitem which you can use to open the config folder

-Add: The RecordingDir value under the General-Section of the config file can be used to store your recordings somewhere else than in the Music-Folder

-Fix: Installer did not create a start menu

• 4 weeks later...

If you did not tried it yet, the windows version is free for all DVBViewer customers, the Apple version finally found its way to the Mac store and costs as low as a bar of chocolade (1.79 Euro). :)

Christian

• 4 weeks later...

I released a small update with bug fixes - mostly for older OSX versions (Snow Leopard and Lion) and an updated radio database.

• 2 months later...

I've released a bigger update :)

-Add: new Streams

-Add: support for Astrometa Sticks

-Add: DAB PAD Parser for Dynamic Labels. With this you can see the over the air information provided by DAB(+) Radio Streams

-Add: MP4 Recording for DAB+ Streams. This is required to allow proper playback of recordings, since DAB+ differs

-Add: (Auto)-Scrollable labels for Station and Title labels

-Fix: Bug while saving the dab channel list

At this point i want to say thanks to Andreas Gsinn, the author of the DAB Radio Player. Without his help my development would have been stuck.

Anyway i do not plan to add Journaline and the Slideshow feature, if you want to have these features please use the DAB Radio Player instead.

I've released a small update

-Add: two new streams

-Fix: issue with DAB Titles and Unicode are hopefully fixed

-Add: DarkMode for Visuals

-Add: New Visualisation

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've released a new update which is also on its way to the Apple Store.

-Add: updated channel database

-Add: simple Equalizer

-Fix: performance Update by using Direct3D for render output resp. OpenGL under OSX

-Add: Volume Control via Mousewheel, if the channel list is not focused or mousewheel+shift key

-Add: UTF8 decoding for DAB radio station names

• Like 1

The new OSX build has been approved and is available in store since tonight.

I also uploaded a new windows build.

-Fix: DAB station names with UTF8 encoded channel where displayed wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

-Fix: older OSX (<10.8) versions caused a crash while using shaders, localization and a bunch of other functions

-Fix: Windows installer was unable to uninstall the software

-Fix: under Windows the visuals did not worked properly

• 1 month later...

Great news, at least for those who like Just Radio, like i do.

I found time to finish the Android version which will be available in a few hours under: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cmuv.JustRadio.

It comes with the latest Radio Database which includes 47845 Radio channels and does not cost you a dime. There is a small banner below, but it does not nag the user :)

Nexus4 Kopie1.jpg

I will update the iOS, Mac and Windows build later this week. iOS will take more time, according to the new app store limitation which requires 64bit builds and i'm still thinking to offer the ability to record radio streams. If really required. All i need is an artist who creates a short start/stop recording animated button :)

Christian

• Like 1

A new version is in the members area:

-change: Map: new version of the map browser

-update: Database: the database has been updated with a huge amount of new stations

-change: DAB: radio stations with longer names where not displayed correct

-add: XP Mode: you can start the application with parameter -gdip in order to use the software mode. Attention: The background image might look weird, but at least it should run on non DX10 capable systems

I've also updated the ios build, which should be available in a few days. Tomorrow i will update the OSX Version.

Christian

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

A new iOS Version has been released:

-change: Background update for the listview

-add: ~5000 new radio stations

-add: Favoritemanager

It is available since tonight, so check it out :)

The OSX Version is in review since 9! hours, i assume it will be published later this day.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I've updated the Windows build.

-add: database: ~1400 more stations

-add: database: updates can now be received from our server without updating the application

-add: last station will be remembered

New on Android:

-add: database: ~1400 more stations

-add: application: hick ups and possible deadlocks while synchronizing playback thread and retrieving Metadata where fixed

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I've updated the iOS, Android and Amazon build of Justradio.

-update: database update with 3 more stations (okay not that big, but BR Heimat is quite nice)

-add: audio message will inform you if a station is temporarily not available

-update: the official website has been updated.

More information about the app will be found here: http://justradio.org/

Christian

• 1 year later...

I've updated the Android version of Justradio. It now also runs under Marshmallow and Nougat.

I rewrote the complete UI, since a couple of users did not found their favorites and the map function etc.

Everything is way more clear now and easier to understand. I also replaced the Ads with an Interstitial at the first start since i disliked them :)

• 1 month later...

I've published the Windows version of Justradio. The database has been updated, i also did several performance updates in the UI and signed the installer.