Recording service - Timeline and Recordings strange behaviour

SirDester

Hi all,

I recently updated RS to latest available version (1.30.1.0) and I notice a strane behaviour with scheduled programs in the TV Guide.

Suppose you have 2 consecutive programs you want to record, same channel.

I usually selected the 1st one, and in end time I extended the time to cover the second one, than saved the timer. The result was a red line around both the programs (as I wanted) indicating all the recording time.

I tried many times with the new version and extending an existing timer never extends the red line, only the first EPG program remains rounded in red. I also tried changing the recording title before saving with same result.

I'm sure it was not so because I always set consecutive recording starting from the first one.

A different behaviour happens if you create a "free timer". in this case all the EPG programs included in the start-stop time are selected.

Is this intended or not ?

Thanks for you help.

Regards.

I am not programmer of recording service, but yes, it is intended. You described behavior is no longer supported - see change log of recording service. For me is this behavior very good.

I didn't find info in changelogs for this behaviour, I'll search better in latest versions.

What I think it's not good is that if you extend a timer, than in the timeline you don't see the "real" recording busy time, so you can easily schedule from the TVGuide another record on another channel that overlaps the other one, thinking that the timeslot is free.

In 1.30 changes I read:

• Fix: Recorder: If the duration of an already existing timer (including the follow-up-time) completely covered the duration of a subsequent broadcast it was ignored by the auto-search timer function.

• Fix: Recorder: Auto-search timers were created a second time if the start time of the associated EPG entry changed. Now they are recognized by means of the EPG Event ID instead of start time / duration.

It seems related to the issue I noticed (even if it does tells that my issue is intended), perhaps this changes broke something else.

Thanks.

Edited by SirDester

• Fix: Recorder: If the duration of an already existing timer (including the follow-up-time) completely covered the duration of a subsequent broadcast it was ignored by the auto-search timer function.

• Fix: Recorder: Auto-search timers were created a second time if the start time of the associated EPG entry changed. Now they are recognized by means of the EPG Event ID instead of start time / duration.

Yes, these are the changes which affected this behavior and it is not bug.

Maybe there might be for you the possibility to create "free timer" based on times from EPG.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally found the solution in 1.30 beta change log. It was not a bug, ok, but they introduced a tweak to not use Event IDs.

• Add: Recorder: Tweak “EPG Event ID usage on timer handling” (launch RSTweaker.bat):

0: Don't use Event IDs (e.g. if a broadcaster does not handle them correctly). If no PDC is available, programs are only recognized in the EPG by start time / duration.

It was under my eyes, but I never read it.

Thanks dev for the tweak, thanks jirim100 for directing me to the change logs :)

Regards.