Transfering scaned channels from Transedit to DVBViewer

stuboy

I have had DVBViewer for quite a few years now and always had the same problem. I hope one of you clever peeps can explain what the correct procedure is:-

1) I open transedit with my 28.2 ini file that is stored in the DVBViewer directory ( I also have one in a directory C:/ProgramData CMUV?)

2) I do a "Scan all" (that currently 78 transponders as of March 2015) I have filter 1 set to free to air and filter 2 set to both, It finds 390 channels.

3) I press update all button and then close the scanner page.

4) Then I remember to press the save button on the Transedit page, this i am thinking has updates the 28.2 ini file with all the channels it found during the scan?

5) It looks like this has saved and opened from the CMUV directory, any idea why do i have 2 directories with similar info in?

6) I copied the 28.2 ini so i have the same file in both places, as i dont know what i am doing.

7) I open DVBViewer NOW WHAT should i do? I go to the TV/Radio tab and click on channel list, there isn't one, so I click on channel editor and then try and use the button bottom left, which says "Imports a channel list" Excellent i think I can import the list i have just saved, I select it and press open, the box closes and I'm back to the Channel list Editor with NO CHANNELS.

Can someone please tell me what on earth i am doing wrong?

Regards

Stuart

• 2 months later...

This is certainly one of the confusing aspects of DVBViewer. I always scan from within DVBv and don't use transedit at all - for basic scans and updates that is sufficient. I've only needed it for fault finding, and even then very rarely indeed.

• 7 months later...

sorry found what i do wrong.I had update channels on. Then it doesn't found new channels.

Learning everyday in life

Regards wikings1