How to execute some code when television program changed?

With main procedure in channelchange.vbs I can execute some code when the channel changes. Is there a way to do the same when the tv program has changed? In other words, I would like to be notified every time tv program changed, either because the channel was changed or because (according to EPG) program on the current channel ended and a new one started.

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know there is no easy way to get a notification on the EPG event change.

You would need to query the EPG from time to time (at channel change time there is sometimes no EPG for the channel, it will be collected while watching the channel). And pars the EPG in you code.

There are "DVBViewer COM Interface" and "DVBViewer Spy" in the Members Section. Which may be helpful.

I have no experience with the COM interface. But maybe someone else can help you there.

Is external program that is accessing DVBViewer through the COM interface the prefered way of doing this?

I don't insist on using it if there's a better and easier way.

To give more information, I want to programatically change values in the ffdshow filter (coding that part is easy) depending on the current channel and tv show.

I can use either C#, C or VBScript.

Edited by DeanK

I think the best way is to write a plugin. The plugin will be automatically loaded when DVBViewer starts. With an external program you must always check if DVBViewer is running and handle exceptions if not.

See my post regarding C++ development. The text is in German but you can have a look on the code examples for plugins and event handling.

Is external program that is accessing DVBViewer through the COM interface the prefered way of doing this?

I can use either C# ...

You can access DVBViewer EPG/Channelchange through the COM interface easily with C#.

I want to programatically change values in the ffdshow filter

You need this .NET library (coded in C#) for ffdshow:

http://ffdshow-tryout.sourceforge.net/wiki/devel:controlling?s[]=ffdshowapi

How to write a DVB-Plugin in C# you can find here:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/40070-c-wrapper-fur-DVBViewer-plugins/#entry292999

So, now you have all you need: C#-Plugin, C# acces to DVBV-(EPG-) events, and C# access to control the ffdshow-filter.

Have fun!

erwin