Beta 5.4.1: Virus detected in VODSource.AX

Henk Kelder

I would assume that this is a false alert.

So you should report this as false alert to Symantec.

'Assuming' and 'knowing' are two different things.

Based on what should I 'Assume' Symantec is wrong?

I assume you got the setup from the members section and I assume you don't have a virus on you system that is infecting files.

And as HaraldL pointed out False-Positive are appearing consistently. Only if a anti-virus software removes parts from it selves or from windows it will hit the press for sure.

I tested the file @ Virustotal and the result showed that 4 virusscanners out of 57 reported the file as infected but had identified different infections. All other virusscanners - 53 out of 57 - found no threat.

Attached a copy of Virustotal result.

VODSource.ax - VirusTotal.pdf

I tested the file @ Virustotal and the result showed that 4 virusscanners out of 57 reported the file as infected but had identified different infections. All other virusscanners - 53 out of 57 - found no threat.

Attached a copy of Virustotal result.

attachicon.gifVODSource.ax - VirusTotal.pdf

Congratulations !

I also output the same results in the searching. The same virus scanning programs ...

According to me; The program contains the virus.

I uninstalled the 5.4.1 version.

I did a thorough cleaning on the PC.

Put trojan programs, it has shaken confidence in the DVBViewer program.

DVBViewer authors are played in the sand. Shame shame !... :o

Sorry but this is saçmalık/humbug. If there is a trojan it would be in every binary from us. The reason for these false alarms is that the file is:

a ) quite small with its 150kb

b ) has the ability to load network streams from the internet.

To be honest even the SVP from Norton complained that the Antivirus tools are in its current state obsolete. Most of them try define theirselfs by detecting more than their competitors and so they

increase their false alarms ratio. I don't want to search older posts from years ago, but you can easily find them here in the forum. The most heuristic engines seem to check for virulent files by using something like:

if (filesize < 200kb) and (file uses WinSock or Wininet) and (it is not white listed) then file is a virus.

if (file is a virus) and (file is compressed) then it is definitively a virus.

What i can say is that if you use a legal copy provided by us and not one of those middle east assembled builds you can be sure that there is no virus. If you are unsure send the file to virustotal or your av provider.

I'm using original and licensed.

I applied the method @Hansrh.

Your wrote are still not enough for me.

I hope; The end of the work does not result in "saçmalık/nonsense/unsinn"

Therefore, I installed windos10 now.

For now, I will follow events.

Internet to believe what they see. There are many rogue use the same nicknames.

What you see you, sometimes it is not as it seems.

That dogs, I'm looking for. One lives in Egypt. Your president has accepted, Putschist general's country so...

They stole secretly files to my friend from PC.

You are; "right - wrong" is recognize choose waste...

No problem. My friend, buying back the license. So we do not beg, do not say cancel the license.

You do not know how old you are. But I'm 54 years old.

Regards.

Mr. Guzel i have absolutely no idea what you want to say with your last post.

All i can say is that we develop and sell a software which does not contain any kind of malicious parts. Why should we shoot ourselves in the foot with something like this?

What i can say for sure is that we can not speak for those binaries provided in several forums hosted by people of a very special "cultural environment".

Christian

i translated your english post into turkish, and i suppose i understood what you wrote. Your account has been hacked by an egypt? This does not fit into this topic, unless it means that you use now one of these copies mentioned by Christian.

Yes, Egyptians...

We do not know the account hacking. We do not know yet.

But we know precisely that; Files have been transferred from the PC.

So, we had to pass the "windows 10" early.

I want to say again !

They are an organized gang. They are in many forums, entering all kinds of disguises.

I would recommend everyone to be careful.

Regards.

• 1 month later...