RS on VirtualBox. Recording folder on Share missing.

I have setup Windows 7 on virtualbox and recording service, but it won't use my network folder. I can access it with no problems and mount it as network share in Windows 7, but in recording service it is stated as missing.

What can I do?

• 6 months later...

I got the same issue with windows 10 and recording service 1.32.0.0 (beta).

Did you solve your problem in the meantime?

Oh great... just found a solution for my problem (since I use DVBViewer in a virtualbox guest).

For some reason things did not work then the network folder was shared by samba 4 and mapped in the windows 10 client.

When sharing the folder using virtualbox directly (shared folder in virtualbox also creates a network drive) everything works well :-)

In Windows 10 you have to run the RS in a user account and not in the default System account.

I have to run it as user account?? Why...

Does this cause other problems as well (I upgraded from win7 so I guess this the rs is installed this way because it was first installed in win7).

Shouldn't this be checked when upgrading the service (I did the upgrade to the latest version last week... already using win10).

In Windows 10 services running in the service account can only access Windows shares which are using the new protocol. And not old XP or Samba compatible Windows shares.

Don't ask me which protocols. I have not tested it.

Great... this microsoft os thing again. Can't they start with a working os from scratch :-)

Or even better: can't someone port DVBViewer and rs to linux

(since it would solve most of my issues like running virtualbox on my homeserver I would help) *fg*

I will change my installation next weekend... maybe this also solves the problem (might save some costs). :-)

Found some time to change my installation today.

I now have a new user that is of type "default" (not "admin").

Even after reinstalling DVBViewer and RS as this new user things did not change...

When using samba the share is marked as missing.

When using vboxsrv (which is produced by virtualbox when sharing folders) everything works well.

What am I missing here?