IPTV + RS

RonsonDk

Hi

I have been using RS + HD Homerun DVB-C for a couple of years, but since I moved to a new house I only have access to a fiber connection and IPTV.

So after experimenting with a hub and wireshark I found out how to access the multicast streams, and I have set up an extra network card on my server to connect to the new "IPTV network". And it always works on the server - when I open DVBViewer Pro I can see all the channels (as I only saved the FTA channels).

But it does not work on a client PC or Kodi until I have watched that channel on the server. So to watch channel 3 on a client I have to connect to my server and open DVBViewer and watch that channel. Then I can close it and channel 3 will keep working on the clients for some time (a few days maybe).

This also affect recording services. If I time a recording it will not write anything to disk until I watch the same channel in DVBViewer on the server. Then I can close it and it will keep recording.

How do I solve this?

Unfortunately I cannot run the supporttool on the server with Recording Service :(

It gives OLE error 8004100E and a blank window.

Server specs:

Software:

Windows server 2012 + BDA drivers

DVBViewer Pro 5.5.2

RS 1.32.0.0 beta

Hardware:

HP ProLiant MicroServer G7 N54L

8GB RAM

Network cards HP NC107i and Intel Gigabit CT.

No audio hardware.

I have attached support.zip from the client (which probably does not help..)

support.zip

The DVBViewer IPTV Network Device is configured to use a fix network interface and in the RS the first one is set to Automatic (all interfaces).

Dos it change something if you remove the first device in the RS?

And you could try a RTSP device instead of the Unicast device in the client (you need to change the Tuner Type to DVB-IPTV at this device then).

If that doesn't help the configuration folder\svcdebug.log could be helpful.

I think it might have solved it! Thank you!

This also explains why it was buggy, maybe it was because it sometimes chose device #2.

I have now set up 4 devices and I am currently recording 3 random channels and watching another (without watching them first on the server), so I think this did the trick. Otherwise I will return after some testing :)