XchannelEdit

Delphi

XchannelEdit is available

Download at http://www.a123.dk

Click the Home link in the download table. A tutorial example with a lot of screenshots is available.
You will find that XchannelEdit has a quite different approach compared to the DVBViewer channel editor. It works in a very direct way on a copy of channels.dat but should be quite safe to use since the channels.dat will never be overwritten unless a successfull backup has been taken.
Thanks to Griga for redocumenting channels.dat (It's good!) and to CiNcH for providing me with a big sample channels.dat (DVB-T and DVB-s). This is the basis for me daring to provide a quite detailed Channel Info. Please check if the Channel Info is correct and feel free to suggest improvements.
Feel free to comment.
XchannelEdit v 0.1.0.1 is available

fix: Forgot to tell the installer to create the empty work folder Channels. Sorry :blush:

For this update you can just install on top of the old one.

• 3 weeks later...

XchannelEdit 0.2.0.0 is available

Please read "How to Install/Upgrade/Remove" at XchannelEdit Home

Links in my signature.

The Check/Uncheck -> By Channel Properties window reworked.

The GoTo window is now made non-modal, making it much more usefull IMHO.

You can now have a scenario like this

post-21674-0-88796900-1458154158_thumb.jpg

Changes in one window is automatically reflected in the other windows.

Details in Changelog link (new) at XchannelEdit home.

Edited by Delphi
  • 3 months later...
XchannelEdit 0.3.0.0 is available

changelog

About IPTV and External EPG (Xepg or any EPG importer)

Info here: IPTV and External EPG

One problem is that the Network IDs are changed and they are generally used as part of the identification of channels. This has to be problematic!

If you have IPTV with False Duplicate channels and want External EPG, life is just a step harder when it comes to maintainance (eg. new channel scan, adding IPTV channels).

I actually had Import and Export buttons for loading and saving the NID settings. It worked and was VERY unlikely to fail. To make it safe some prerequisites was needed (a reserved interval for new NIDs and you promissing that you will never change a NID manually as an example). I don't like that and not much is gained if things get more complicated than doing a new channel pairing in Xepg (you have to learn that in any case).

I am open for suggestions.

Since a channel list is not a static creature, then maybe it is an idea to set Auto Update (DVBViewer 5.6.0+) to Off for IPTV channels in this case. Maybe someone can comment on that.

Don't hesitate to try it out: you will immediately (without doing any changes) see whether you have problematic IPTV channels.

• 4 months later...

xchanneledit0300 I will try to see help with ChannelEdit I arranged 157 channel in 1 hour I'll see how long with xchanneledit0300 ...