UHD We aren't ?

minic

Hello!

I've an workstation pc fueled with Intel I7-6800k, 32gb of ddr4 ram and and old GTX 580 :D

I've used DVBViewer with lav filter 0.68.1, with this codec and my GPU is impossible to use the hardware GPU acceleration (not support h265 acceleration), and i will use only my 12 Core (Threaded) CPU :P

This channel work ok:

Fashion 4K [Astra 1L,DVB-S2,8PSK,11111 H 22000 2/3]

PEARL TV 4K UHD [Astra 1H,DVB-S2,8PSK,12344 H 30000 2/3]

This instead, didn't work, freeze and choppy frame (cpu go on 80%/90%)!

HLG teststream [Astra 1M,DVB-S2,8PSK,10714 H 23500 3/4]

Canal+ UHD [Astra 1N,DVB-S2,8PSK,12581 V 22000 2/3]

SES UHD Demo Channel [Astra 1N,DVB-S2,8PSK,10993 H 22000 5/6]

Well, i solved this problematic channel using another player (MPC) filled by net streaming plugin from DVBViewer... This player support x64, and i can use the 64bit codec lav... with this the video is very very fluid, and i use only 30% of my super cpu...

Please support the x64 codec from DVBViewer.. is the only way to watch correctly the UHD channels.

• Like 1

Please support the x64 codec from DVBViewer.. is the only way to watch correctly the UHD channels.

That would require a 64bit DVBViewer. Before that will happen 8K-TV will be transmitted :dvbviewer:

A German user here said on workstation PCs (fast CPU) the UHD channels would run fluently with the x64 vers. of ProgDVB.

I tried progDVB lately on a non-workstation (laptop) and it really shows TV, thats all I can say at the moment.

The UHD channels had sound but no picture.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

In this Youtube video your RX480 shows mostly 0% GPU Load! Also LAV doesn't show your GPU. The image shows how it should look like. GPU is only used if:

- Active Decoder: dxva2n

- in place of Nvidia should be your AMD

BTW. Youtube will change any uploaded >30fps down to 30fps so it is quite impossible to show 50Hz video fluently.

post-73651-0-32134500-1469787882_thumb.png

In this Youtube video your RX480 shows mostly 0% GPU Load! Also LAV doesn't show your GPU. The image shows how it should look like. GPU is only used if:

- Active Decoder: dxva2n

- in place of Nvidia should be your AMD

BTW. Youtube will change any uploaded >30fps down to 30fps so it is quite impossible to show 50Hz video fluently.

Hi just checked that video, yes GPU load is very low before DVBViewer starts to show UHD then it fluctuates between 1% and 100%.

Not sure why the graph is not steady, just did another test and it keeps spiking up and down. Is that something to do with buffering, can this be changed somewhere?

As for the picture you attached that is not from my video. DVXA show no GPU in the video, apparently this is waiting to be fixed by LAV filter tech as RX480 was not known when the filter was last updated. I know GPU is being used as GPU load is minimal and GPU is getting busy and hotter.

HEVC Decoding and some other processing is done in fixed functions (UVD) and not by shaders.

"0%" or minimal GPU load should be ok ...

• Like 1

p.s.

to have GPU Load watching SD/HD they have to be checked in LAV properties. In your 1st vid they are not.

Hopefully LAV then will find a GPU?

psps.

always remind to restart the player after changes in LAV.

Edited by craig_s

I think I know what's going on with the LAV-Filter dialog ..

Try "Settings/Filter/LAV Video Decoder" (=>online settings) and not "Settings/Options/DirectX/...." (=> offline settings)

Seems like DXVA is working fine with RX480 and LAV. :)

• Like 1
always remind to restart the player after changes in LAV.

Playback -> Rebuild Playback will do in DVBViewer. Or genererally switching playback off/on.

• Like 1

I think I know what's going on with the LAV-Filter dialog ..

Try "Settings/Filter/LAV Video Decoder" (=>online settings) and not "Settings/Options/DirectX/...." (=> offline settings)

Seems like DXVA is working fine with RX480 and LAV. :)

When I go to dvbviwer menu -->settings--> filters then LAV video decoder it takes me to the same place as LAV properties from options. Can you take a snapshot of this option please....my LAV is 0.68.1

See images in this post playing UHD:

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/58473-hevc-h265-wiedergabe-mit-nvidia-gtx950-gtx960/?p=449186

set everything like seen there. SD/HD checked! And Yadif back to 'No softw. deinterlacing'. Sorry to say that but do not play around in settings unless you know what you're doing ;)

p.s.

..and always check same things playing back files in MPC-HC. This offers somtimes different informatory aspects.

Edited by craig_s

Ahaa I see. Nvidia drivers + Win10 needed about 8 months (but not only video issues). Hopefully yours will obtain faster improvement...