Slow channel change on encrypted channels (Terratec Cinergy C PCI)

Vanguard88

Hi.

I have a Terratec Cinergy C PCI card.

The card is very slow when changing to a channel that is encrypted. This is not a DVBViewer related problem, as I've tested with another program, I was just hoping that there's some smart person out there, who could come up with a solution.

The problem is driver-related somehow. Back when I purchased acces to encrypted channels I learned, through Google, that using an older driver (v1.1.0.101) solved this problem. However, for some reason, I suddenly started to have playback problems, where every channel would just show a black screen. In the "loading"-part section of DVBViewer it would say 98% etc. but no picture.

So, I pondered, and tried to install the newest driver for the card (v1.1.2.501). This gave me playback, but slow changing on encrypted channels.

So, what, if anything can be done here? Can the drivers somehow be combined? Does the black-screen issue maybe have something to do with codecs?

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya there,

yes I had exactly the same problem with slow switching with any drivers but the first version of them 1.1.0.101. I still use it on Windows 7 64bit without a problem and i use Terratec Vista 64 bit version of 1.1.0.101 in order that tuner works Ok with switching.

Do you have a problem under Win7 or? I run dual boot system as I use Windows 10 for test purposes. Just recently I noticed that some Windows update broke playback in DVBViewer and also Terratec Home Cinema software. I see the signal is received (indication at the bottom of software) but there is a black picture. Sometimes also PC just freeze when I start DVBViewer.

best, d.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update this topic. I found a culprit that Terratec Cinergy C PCI HD CI is not working with any player under Windows 10. It is a cumulative update in relation to the old 1.1.0.101 drivers. The latest cumulative update in September 2016 is named KB3185614, but keep a note that bug was already introduced in previous versions of cumulative updates with a bit different names. I uninstalled KB3185641 cumulative update and DVBViewer and Terratec Home Cinema starts to work right after that. It works also with good old drivers 1.1.0.101 that allows quick switching among scrambled TV programmes.

The bad side is that you need to avoid that cumulative update at any cost, otherwise you will be stuck with crippled piece of hardware where only 1.1.2.501 drivers works, but switching among the programmes will take long as a soap opera. So alternative is to uninstal cumulative update and then using Wushowhide tool to hide that update. But eventually with another cumulative update this problem can reemerge.

Anyway I'm still operating in Windows 7 system (64bit) and there it is all well. Windows 10 (64bit) is just for learning and experimentation.

best, d.

Edited by delfinus