Problem with subtitle in DVBViewer 5.6.4.0

Residentcl

The subtitles in the SRT file are UTF-8 encoded, but DVBViewer reads it as ANSI coding. That's the problem.

There are two possible solutions:

(1) Let DVBViewer detect UTF-8 character coding and handle it correctly. I think it can be done in the next release.

(2) Convert the SRT subtitle file from UTF-8 to ANSI (which means to the Windows Western character set in this case). I have used the Notepad++ text editor for it. Result attached. See if it works.

SRT_ANSI.zip

(1) Let DVBViewer detect UTF-8 character coding and handle it correctly. I think it can be done in the next release.
It would be super solution in the next version :rolleyes::whistle:o:)
Subtitles sites Spanish / Spanish Latin are UTF-8.
Attached file sub ;)

pjCQD9W.png

• 8 months later...

My experience is that channels that uses DVB-subtitles will no longer load prefered subtitle automaticly - but I just rightclick on the screen- move down to subtitles and then choose my prefeered language from the menu (example in swedish) :

Example.jpg

this problem persist after shutdown DVBViewer 6 Pro and please fix problem with subtitles automaticly in 5.6.4 it is ok !

Captură ecran (1).png

Edited by rodjd

The problem has nothing to-do with subtitles. It is a error in a plug-in. Remove the plug-in from the plug-ins folder.

If you have more questions about this post in a topic related to the plug-in or start e new one for the plug-in problem.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Hansrh said:

My experience is that channels that uses DVB-subtitles will no longer load prefered subtitle automaticly

You are right. I've found and fixed the bug.

There will be a bugfix release within a few days (most likely after Easter).

• Like 2

There will not be update for each problem individually.

So we wait for some days to see if there are other problems.

And you are still able to enable the subtitles manually (after the channel change).

I couldn't find the link to buy the DMS, I have current license for DVBViewer, could someone let me into how to how to buy the license. 

When You doownload and install DVBViewer 6.0 or later a new verion of a file called KeyTool.exe will be installed and when You start that file there is an option to order DMS - simple as that ;-)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Hansrh said:

When You doownload and install DVBViewer 6.0 or later a new verion of a file called KeyTool.exe will be installed and when You start that file there is an option to order DMS - simple as that ;-)

Thanks 

I just send mail including Paypal payment confirmation to bhackbart@cmuv.de, pls send my code, it has been over 10hrs that I make payment. 

On 17.04.2017 at 4:48 PM, rodjd said:

@Griga is not ready subtitle problem problem for 6 Pro ? (load prefered subtitle automaticly)

now is ok 

DVBViewer detect UTF-8 now :) 

Thanks crew!! :thumbsup:

@Griga Is it possible to add the subtitle option automatically with the .SRT file?

Edited by Residentcl