Sharpening(Edge) in DVBViewer

ghost_-

• 2 weeks later...

I want more edge for more clarity :D.I found in Shaders-Effect Sharpen.xml and I want to edit for more sharpness(edge).Can u please tell me what field do I must edit?Which?

I must edit sharpen or lumasharpen or both in shader?which is the highest value for strongest sharpness?

Thank you

post-154437-0-33788700-1477971607_thumb.jpg

post-154437-0-19574200-1477972132_thumb.jpg

Edited by ghost_-

You need only to edit Effect_Sharpen_Edges.xml e.g. with Pixelshader Editor or a text editor.

But I can't help you to program pixel shader (I don't know how it exactly works).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shader#Pixel_shaders
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb219843(v=vs.85).aspx

May be you have to find a forum where people are developing such stuff.

And If you want to try Effect > Luma_Sharpen or all others there.
But the DVBViewer only uses one at a time.

The script itself has 4 variables as user data, which can be used to change the way it sharpens the display.

sharp_strength is most likely the value you need.

// -- Sharpening --

#define offset_bias 1.5 // I suggest a value between 0.0 and 2.0 - default is 1.0
#define sharp_strength 0.8 // Strength of the sharpening - You should probably use something between 0.2 and 2.0 - default is 0.5
#define sharp_clamp 0.02 // Limits maximum amount of sharpening a pixel recieves - Default is 0.015
#define pattern 2 // Choose a sample pattern ( 1, 2 or 3 )

• thank you all for answer.For the moment I have a weak monitor with weak hardware sharpness,is not enough for my taste .It s a Philips bdm4065uc.i try to communicate with them to make a simple update firmware for this model to increase sharpness level,but they don t care about me,they don t respond me at mail.They are kind with buyers only when buy something,and after...that's why I hate this manufacturer.I hate netherland people,they are bad and cold.And Nvidia don t make sharpness on entirely desktop like in good old time,they have only edge for movies in driver.....

In the future I go with Samsung,they are the best at sharpness(edge) level.They have strong sharpness at their display :D

In the meantime I use sweetFx for games.They are gorgeus

Edited by ghost_-

I just saw that your monitor is 4K, 40".

Probably you won't have success with a sharpening filter or something like this. This has ugly side effects if overdone. The best way would be the upscaling function in madVR. NNEDI is the best algorithm available on this planet - but don't expect wonders. There is an intense discussion going on, if/how much it is better than the DXVA upscaling in the EVR custom renderer and if it is worth the effort.

For 4K you need a top end (!) grafics card and some patience, as madVR has many options to play with. Look in the dooms forum linked above and the (often german) threads here.

The only true solution is 4K television ....

Edited by awehring

I just saw that your monitor is 4K, 40".

Probably you won't have success with a sharpening filter or something like this. This has ugly side effects if overdone. The best way would be the upscaling function in madVR. NNEDI is the best algorithm available on this planet - but don't expect wonders. There is an intense discussion going on, if/how much it is better than the DXVA upscaling in the EVR custom renderer and if it is worth the effort.

For 4K you need a top end (!) grafics card and some patience, as madVR has many options to play with. Look in the dooms forum linked above and the (often german) threads here.

The only true solution is 4K television ....

I will never understand why television have better index quality than monitors.i have gtx 980ti card,but even in native resolution I don t like his sharpening.i make 2 photos to see why I m disappointed:

http://imgur.com/a/TK2JA

Edited by ghost_-

Wrong settings ...

For me it looks like you dont have a DVBViewer license => no more support ...

I have license on 5.3.2 not on 5.6.4.Ok I don t need your support.Bye

A mod can close this thread

Edited by ghost_-

IF you have a license for 5.3.2 then you have the license for 5.6.4.

Of course, if it's a stolen or cracked one, you're out of luck.

Edited by spachti

Wrong settings ...

For me it looks like you dont have a DVBViewer license => no more support ...

note: I wanted to buy a new license for 5.6.4,but with your attitude I will never buy anything.It s normal first I test demo version before I purchase a product.For me its perfectly normal to ask something before I buy,BECAUSE I m tired to buy and after nobody cares about me with support,like Philips

and relax dude I not asked you nothing.Everybody is free to post here or not,so I don't need your help

so BYE....and a mod can close this topic

Edited by ghost_-

IF you have a license for 5.3.2 then you have the license for 5.6.4.

Of course, if it's a stolen or cracked one, you're out of luck.

dude,i have license for old version on another PC

For a thief to come here and ask for support is extremely rude.

If you have a license there is no reason to install a stolen version at all. Because you get all updates for free.
If you are testing you could use the Demo.

Remove all stolen versions immediately! From all you devices.

And only post in this Forum ever again if you have bought a License.