Blind Search [Scan] of satellite transponders

colnscott

Is "DVBViewer" capable of "Blind Search" [blind Scan] of satellite transponders.

It seems not which would be disapointing as I regard this software to be excellent.

If someone can answer this question for me I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Coln

No, you TransEdit a additional tool you get with the DVBViewer Pro, hat a "Blind Scan" function where you define which parameter combinations should be tested.
http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%20E/MainWindow.html#BlindScan

But by adding more possibility you increase the scan time. So you should know which parameters are worth trying.
And hardware with special Blind Scan capability is not specifically supported. So you don't get there a speed increase or the exact parameter for a value where you card has auto detect capabilities. You will only get the parameter which are required for your card to receive a channel.

For real blindscan you need special hardware that can determine automatically all modulation parameters. Then these parameters have to be read by the scanning tool from tuner. DVBViewer/TransEdit does not support this. You only can retune with a set of changed parameters in the hope to get a lock eventually.