RS API Timer add/edit - scheme support

Jakub Klos

Hello

I need to be able to name the recorded video file and it can only be done via the "scheme". However, it is not supported in the official RS API. Only the internal timer_list.html supports it.

Could you please add the scheme to the API so we can use it freely?

Or do you think I should use the internal timer_list.html and timer_add.html URIs?

Thank you,

Jakub

ie.

I need to be able to set the NameScheme below from the RS API:

<Timers>
<Timer Type="1" ID="{D2AC1EB9-8AA1-42BB-B828-9553FA30E272}" Enabled="-1" Priority="50" Charset="255" Date="28.12.2016" Start="21:20:00" Dur="115" End="23:15:00" Days="--1----" Action="0">
<Descr>Show Jana Krause</Descr>
<Options AllAudio="-1" DVBSubs="-1"/>
<Format>2</Format>
<Folder>Auto</Folder>
<NameScheme>%event s</NameScheme>
<Source>Web</Source>
<Channel ID="3316913156953670650|Prima"/>
<Executeable>-1</Executeable>
<Recording>0</Recording>
<ID>40</ID>
<GUID>{D2AC1EB9-8AA1-42BB-B828-9553FA30E272}</GUID>
</Timer>
</Timers>
Could you please add the scheme to the API so we can use it freely?

Yes. A scheme=xxx parameter it will be available in the next release for the timeradd and timeredit API. The character coding of xxx will be specified by the encoding parameter (as for title, folder and series).

Or do you think I should use the internal timer_list.html and timer_add.html URIs?

Why do you want to use timer_list? IMO it is out of the question because it will return the timer list embedded in a whole HTML page and the timerlist API XML output already contains a NameScheme entry.

You can try timer_add (if you don't mind getting a bit of html and javascript from the server). However, it is not recommendable since it may be subject to changes without notification. It is not designed as API.

• Like 1

Yes. A scheme=xxx parameter it will be available in the next release for the timeradd and timeredit API. The character coding of xxx will be specified by the encoding parameter (as for title, folder and series).

Why do you want to use timer_list? IMO it is out of the question because it will return the timer list embedded in a whole HTML page and the timerlist API XML output already contains a NameScheme entry.

You can try timer_add (if you don't mind getting a bit of html and javascript from the server). However, it is not recommendable since it may be subject to changes without notification. It is not designed as API.

Thank you very much

(I meant the /api/timerlist.html of course :))