Windows 10 - Recording Service doesn't start with Windows

uglyned

Hi,

After running the service on Windows Server 2012 for many years I've moved it to Windows 10 recently.

Something I've noticed is the Recording Service doesn't start with Windows. Even though it's set as a service and it's startup is set to automatic.

It only starts when I log into Windows. I see the tray util start, it's briefly grey, then goes orange to denote that the service has started.

Is there anything I can do to make the service start before a user logs in, when Windows starts up?

Thanks!

To add - this is in the System event log

The DVBVRecorder service failed to start due to the following error:

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

It only starts when I log into Windows. I see the tray util start, it's briefly grey, then goes orange to denote that the service has started.

Probably has nothing to do with your problem, but you are using an old RS release. The tray util idle icon is no longer orange, but blue.

Have you tried reinstalling the RS?

Thank you for the suggestion but this is an entirely new install, on a PC built this week.

Probably has nothing to do with your problem, but you are using an old RS release. The tray util idle icon is no longer orange, but blue.

Yes I am. I'm using 1.32.0 because it is stable with serving recordings via UPNP to Kodi.

With 1.33 onwards, the Recording Service UPnP falls over as soon as you try to watch a recording via UPnP using Kodi. It's recreatable if you use Kodi with its default Confluence skin. It still happens with other skins, just not as reliably and consistently.