Problem recording mpg files

Gats24

Hi everybody,

No major problem with DVBViewer since 2009 but now it's annoying.

I just want to ask you if you've encountered like me this problem :

When I try to record with de .mpg format it keeps .ts in my record folder.

I've tried to play my files (2 sorts even if it's .ts) and the player in DVBViewer seems skeeping the time too.

by the way thanks a lot for your answers.

• Like 1

DVBViewer automatically switches to .ts as recording format if the broadcasted video or audio format is not allowed for .mpg, for example H.264 video or AAC audio. .mpg is restricted to MPEG2 video and MPEG,  AC3 or DTS audio (as for DVDs).

okay. Thank you Tjod :)

I'll try with Handbrake so.

But the problem when I play my recorded file in DVBViewer, is skipping and doesn't play normally. Did you ever encountered this ?

If live TV works playback of recordings should be no problem. Enable Options > Recordings > Write log file an check the recording log for errors.

It should not be necessary to transcode recordings if you plan to play them in the DVBViewer or a program on a PC. Only for playback on mobile devices etc. can make it necessary to transcode.