How can I use h264 profile for DVBViewer?

fiorellop

How do I use the h264 codec for recording DVBViewer Since there TV programs from the current profile (Video / AudioTS .TS) generates very large files!

Thank you

dvb viewer options.jpg

The created file size is dependant on time. I record BBC HD and ITV HD all the time, size usually 2G for about 1 hour for an HD recording.

Thanks for the reply but I generates files 10GB for 2h recording a HD channel! Recording service use. Why? How to solve the problem?

Edited by fiorellop

My 1080p recording generate a 4mbit/s video stream, so you can do the calculations. What codecs are you using ?

DVBViewer records as broadcasted. No Codecs involved. Can't be changed.

Recordings are independent from playback and everything associated with it. Codecs, renderer, volume changes, picture settings etc. are all out of the game. With other words, you are at the broadcaster's mercy as far as it concerns codec and bitrate.

1 hour ago, fxv1 said:
1 hour ago, fxv1 said:

My 1080p recording generate a 4mbit/s video stream, so you can do the calculations. What codecs are you using ?

I do not use any codec. I wanted to know what codec to use to be able to record 1080p TV channels and output files to be smaller than 10GB for 2h

Edited by fiorellop
59 minutes ago, Griga said:

DVBViewer records as broadcasted. No Codecs involved. Can't be changed.

Recordings are independent from playback and everything associated with it. Codecs, renderer, volume changes, picture settings etc. are all out of the game. With other words, you are at the broadcaster's mercy as far as it concerns codec and bitrate.

Thanks for the help but you do not understand my question.

Looks like you do not understand my answer.

If you want to make recordings smaller you need to use some tool for reworking them after they have been recorded. DVBViewer won't do it for you.

As these profiles exist for registration:
Settings -> Output Format -> Audio (.mp2 / .AC3 / .aac)
Settings -> Output Format -> Video / Audio PS (.mpg)
Settings -> Output Format -> Video / Audio TS (.TS)

How occur this profile registration list:

Settings -> Output Format -> Video / Audio H.264 (.mpeg-4)

Edited by fiorellop

There is no .mp4 container support in the DVBViewer.
.ts is the format used by the TV stations. So there are no big changes necessary. And one audio strem doesn't need much work.
So .mpeg (MPEG2) is the exception. It was integrated quite a while ago. I don't expect support for other formats in the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, fiorellop said:

As these profiles exist for registration:

That are no profiles, but container formats for video/audio. Profiles are a different thing.

DVBViewer does not support selecting profiles for recording.