DVBSky S950 PCIe card remote

Just bought this DVBSky S950 PCIe card remote and installed it. Works fine on All channels.

I have a problem with the remote.

I have copied the plugin and the .remote file to CMUV and Program files folders but keep getting "Open device failed"

This is a new rig so apologies if I have forgotten to set something up

failed to open.JPG

open device failed.JPG

support.zip

So the DVBSky S950 is detected under Options > Hardware and delete the Tuners an click on search devices is is detected as "7231 BDA...." right?

For some reason the DVBViewer detects it as VendorID=6 (Medion). But it would be strange if DVBSky would resell Medion hardware.

Open the configuration folder, stop the DVBViewer and open the hardware.xml an replace

<entry name="Vendor">6</entry>

by

<entry name="Vendor">32</entry>

and try if that helps.

If not try the universal remote Plugin with this change active.

(don't run search devices after the change in the hardware.xml. It would undo it)

"7231 BDA DVBT Tuner" clearly is Medion hardware (labeled as Blackgold, see SystemInfo.txt), but not DVBSky.

The DVBSky S950 is visible in SystemInfo.txt, but not in the hardware.xml. So I guess fxv1 did not perform Options -> Hardware -> Scan Devices after installing the DVBSky card.

2 hours ago, fxv1 said:

Works fine on All channels.

The Blackgold did.