• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks for your great and valuable tool - it's an important chain member in my media center! :original:

I just wanted to let you know, I was upgrading from version 0.5.1.4 to 0.7.0.0 and first I was no longer able to do the import because of the following error:

Xepg Version: 0.7.0.0
IMPORT LOG
DESTINATION: DVBViewer Media Server
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Processing: C:\Temp\xmltv\xepg\xmltv.xml

ERROR TYPE: Unknown Importing EPG

EXCEPTION MESSAGE---EVariantTypeCastError:Could not convert variant of type (Null) into type (OleStr)
Error on importing EPG
ERROR: Unknown Importing EPG

The reason is easy: Xepg no longer accepts a pretty-print formatted EPGFormat XML file, i.e. it doesn't like line breaks in the EPG format XML file.

OK:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><settings><section name="WhereToDisplay"><entry name="1">1050</entry><entry name="2">1044</entry>

No longer accepted in 0.7.0.0:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings>
	<section name="WhereToDisplay">
		<entry name="1">1050</entry>
		<entry name="2">1044</entry>
		<entry name="4">1024,1031,1049,1025,1028,1033,1040,1042,1053,1054</entry>

hth. best regards

Edited by mrphlox

So, you have manually edited the EPG Format file, right?

I use Microsoft MSXML DOM (TXMLDocument in Delphi) to read and write the file. If that fails, the file is with 99,9999% probability not well-formed (illegal).

Try to open the file in Internet Explorer.

• Like 1

You are right. The problem is described here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16865979/delphi-exception-when-preserving-whitespace-in-txmldocument

I now remember: A user requested a way to insert a blank line into the EPG. I suggested to use the "Some Text" with a space and then insert that to an empty StartParagraphX in the EPG Format Editor. At least it will look as a blank line. To avoid the space to be ignored by the xml parser I had to add the line

XMLDoc.ParseOptions := XMLDoc.ParseOptions + [poPreserveWhiteSpace];

I am sure this happened somewhere between  versions 0.5.1.4 (very old ;)) and 0.7.0.0

I suggest to leave things as is. CONCLUSION: Don't edit xml files created by Xepg.:)

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by Delphi
add conclusion

Just a bit more information:

The extra code line for preserving whitespace was introduced in version 0.5.2.0. An unwanted side effect was that pretty-print xml is no longer accepted in settings files. It is accepted in the XMLTV files ofcourse.

Xepg (TXMLDocument) never creates pretty-print xml files. You MUST have edited the file somehow, sometime in the past.

Well, never mind. I do not like that Xepg cannot read an xml file that is actually valid. It's not that easy to fix, unless preserving whitespace is turned off again.

Or: use another xml parser like OXml/EasyXml. For now I will leave it as is.

Thanks for your answers.

In fact, there's no need to format / edit the EPG format file - if one knows. I can't remember why I then reformatted it (it has been working fine at this time), but I guess I was just curious to see how it's structured. No problem for me if you leave it as is, but maybe the error message could be improved, indicating that the format file can't be parsed, not the xmltv file, as I thought for a while.

6 minutes ago, mrphlox said:

but maybe the error message could be improved

This is allready on my TODO list. Whatever I decide to do, a more meaningfull error message is needed in any case. Thanks again  for the feedback, it was usefull.

Hello, I set up xepg, pair my channels, and then download and import the epg into DVBViewer.

This works great on the first use. Then the second use it is all corrupt and trying to download

and import gives me an empty epg. If I check the channel pairings, instead of the channel

name it's just a random string of characters again and I have to repair all channels. This is very

annoying as my epg provider only offers a 3day epg so I need to repair channels every 3 days.

Does anyone know whats going on and why it's becoming corrupt? I've attached a pic of the

issue. Thanks in Advance.

cprrupt.png

Here is some of my Pairings.xml file:

Pairings.jpg.fec37639bf08769ddcc973c35f519dea.jpg

The 2310.honeybee.it is an XMLTV ID. Those should be the same between downloads.

From my XMLTV guide (honeybee.xml):

<channel id="2310.honeybee.it">

<display-name lang="da">TV SYD</display-name>

<url>https://honeybee.it/channel/tv-syd</url>

</channel>

and later in honeybee.xml:

<programme start="20170510060100 +0200" stop="20170510063000 +0200" channel="2310.honeybee.it">

Try to check this out as a first attempt. The XMLTV IDs MUST be the same between downloads.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DetlefM said:

Is the source code for the tools available?

No, sorry.  However. I shall be happy to answer any questions you may have. That's best done in the other thread raw-epg-values

Xepg version 0.7.1.0 is available

Fixed an error and added the option for inserting line breaks in the EPG Format Editor. Details in the changelog.

XGrabDMS version 0.1.1.1 is available

Fix: Forgot to UTF-8 encode the .LOG files created in invisible mode.
To upgrade: just replace the XgrabDMS.exe with the new one in your installation.

LineBreaks.jpg.787d627863a3ae29a37686c2f7891db9.jpg

Xepg version 0.7.1.1 is available

Fix: Too many blank lines in the output in some cases. Details in the changelog.

If you have upgraded to the 0.7.1.0 this upgrade is a must have. Sorry for the inconvenience:blush:

• 1 month later...

Is there any way to backup and restore the pairings?. I need to reinstall my OS soon and ive had to remap everything from scratch every time i reinstall the system. 

Yes, click link Xepg Data Folder in Xepg main window. Read the text file TheFiles.rtf for a description. The pairings are in the Pairings.xml and Config.ini is the Xepg settings.

• Like 1

Hi

I'm running DVBViewer and media server 2.0.3.0. I'm not sure if this started after i upgraded to the latest version.

I'm not getting any channels returned to Xepg from DVBViewer. Its launched when I run the pairing but no channels at all are shown in the right hand pane of the pairing window (all channels from the epg file are correctly shown in left hand pane). Although they all show in DVBViewer itself. 

I tried to add new channels but they didnt appear in the pairing list (existing ones were there initially). I then emptied the channels completely from DVBViewer and re-added them all again and now non of them appear in xepg

I'm using IPTV channels and as suggested i've set the device up as a TS Stream device

I've tried both the live and beta versions of Xepg and both have the same results, any help would be appreciated

Edited by i0zjh02
4 hours ago, i0zjh02 said:

Its launched when I run the pairing but no channels at all are shown in the right hand pane of the pairing window (all channels from the epg file are correctly shown in left hand pane). Although they all show in DVBViewer itself. 

I have no idea of what is happening, sorry. Works fine here with the TS streams delivered by the DVBViewer installation. If you PM me some m3u/ini I maybe can check it out.

7 hours ago, i0zjh02 said:

I'm using IPTV channels and as suggested i've set the device up as a TS Stream device

How did you do that?

The standard way of converting IPTV channels (Tunertype=4) to TS Streams (Tunertype=6) is:

1) In the DVBViewer Channel Editor select the IPTV channels

2) Right click the selection

3) Select Export

4) In the Save as dialog select File type: Playlist file (*.m3u, *.m3u8)

5) Save the export any where you like giving it a suitable name

6) Drag and drop the created Playlist file back into the DVBViewer Channel Editor

7) You might have to double click some channels to make the autoupdate functionallity come in play 

• 2 weeks later...

I am facing similar issue where only some iptv ts stream are visible in xepg.

reading the help I see that it might be related to channels having the same VPID AND APID... I have no clue how to fix it . Support will be welcome

Edited by noraccire
Incomplete post

So I did that ..

still not all the channel were not loaded by XEpg

CHANNEL PAIRING LOG
Reading 564 DVBViewer Channels
Different DVBViewer Channels found :10

However
back to DVBViewer right after the mp3 file import
some of the channels were having PID equal to zero
After a double click on the channel name , the PID get populated....
looks like the channels need to be read at least one time by DVBViewer in order to get proper PID populated
Before

after.png.b5d240ec6f244d94433712dda036a9ac.png

After

Before.png.b0c56268852faa3f86985d17071ce5a5.png

Back to Xepg ,
that time the channels were visible

5989d7724737b_successfullpairinginXepg.png.76ed801933e47628b4c0cdb85b6066da.png
28 minutes ago, noraccire said:
looks like the channels need to be read at least one time by DVBViewer in order to get proper PID populated
Before

That's normal for "TS Stream" channels if only the URL is known. The DVBViewer channel auto-update detects the remaining data on first tuning. However, since the TS Stream EPG channel ID is not based on PIDs, but on a URL hash value, assigning EPG data should work regardeless of the PID state.

This also applies to other kinds of streaming that the TS Stream framework can handle, e.g. HTTP Internet TV and Radio. If you want to give it a try please read here at the beginning ("Added: Channel List") how you can load ready-made channel lists containing free TV and radio channels that are broadcasting over the internet. You may also use New  -> TS Stream in the Channel Editor to enter additional URLs.

• 2 months later...

@Delphi

I have a XMLTV file that provides pictures for some series and movies by the <icon> flag.

Would it be possible, to implement a function in Xepg to import these pictures in DVBViewer?

Second question:

If the category in my XMLTV file is titled as (i.e.) "Movie/Drama", I mean EIT conform,  have I still to use Xtranslate, or does this recognize Xepg?

10 hours ago, nexusle said:

I have a XMLTV file that provides pictures for some series and movies by the <icon> flag.

Would it be possible, to implement a function in Xepg to import these pictures in DVBViewer?

What I ship to DVBViewer/DMS/RS could look something like this:

<programme channel="560751030442891" stop="20170614235000" start="20170614210000">
  <title>Bodyguard</title>
  <event/>
  <description>Medvirkende...etc. 
Dato: 01-01-1992 
Genre: movie/Action/Crime/Drama/Music/Romance/Thriller [Ny] </description>
  <charset>255</charset>
  <content>16</content>
  <icons>65536</icons>
  <iconurl>https://hbcdn.uk/movie/fanart/45756/w780_161338.jpg</iconurl>
  <reviewurl/>
</programme>

So, the iconurl is imported if present. You will need to convince the developers of DVBViewer/DMS/RS to actually use it.

10 hours ago, nexusle said:

If the category in my XMLTV file is titled as (i.e.) "Movie/Drama", I mean EIT conform,  have I still to use Xtranslate, or does this recognize Xepg?

If the category has an English lang attribute (<category lang="en">Drama</category>) it should be recognized if it confirms to the ETSI 300 468 standard. Xepg always loads the English.xml language file.

Several years ago I contacted the XMLTV community with a request for supporting the integer version of category (<content> in the upper xml file) and got a clear answer: No.

It is in general not an easy task to convert text (can be anything) to a well defined number. The only way for now is manipulating the language file.

I know know the "EPGImporter". It reqiures a special very old OSD. If I remember right it downloads all the pictures to a folder naming them using the old 32 bit channel identifiers and the EventID. Today 64 bit channel identifiers are used. It won't work with the DMS/RS. Unless special measures for supporting this are taken by the DVBVewer/DMS developers it will not be supported by Xepg.

The subject has been discussed several times before in the Xepg thread. I am not able to supply a link since the (very long) old Xepg thread was somehow deleted when implementing the new forum.

16 hours ago, Delphi said:

So, the iconurl is imported if present. You will need to convince the developers of DVBViewer/DMS/RS to actually use it.

This approach would require major changes in way the EPG is handled internally in DVBViewer/DMS. Since it is a feature for Xepg users only I think that chances for that to happen are low. Well, you never know:)

5 hours ago, Delphi said:

This approach would require major changes in way the EPG is handled internally in DVBViewer/DMS. Since it is a feature for Xepg users only I think that chances for that to happen are low. Well, you never know:)

I think the developers mainly discarded this idea because of EPG.dat is a binary file not supporting urls and the fact that implementing it in the DMS would require quite a skillful web designer (there is close to none webinterface development at the moment...nobody knows how or dont wanna do it for free). Funny thing is I have series/movie posters, fetched from my XMLTV (imdb posters), working with my own developed software, but this is entirely GUI based.   

Edited by majstang
On 11/1/2017 at 6:19 PM, Delphi said:

Hi Delphi,

@nexusle sent me a PM over at the Kodi forum asking if support for XMLTV might be possible. I declined this specific request, however the DMS API provides support for loading media/images from the server (medialist and sideload API endpoint). So if you could extend your addon to fetch and store epg (icon) images in a userspecific directory, I can extend my PVR and sideload them.

To minimize http calls to the DMS I would suggest a filename pattern like <channel_id>_<epg_id>.png (or jpg). This way I can fetch the images per channel.

If I remember that correctly, this is more or less the way the EPG image support is handled in the DVBViewer.

It looks for images stored as [configuration folder]\images\ServiceID-EventID.jpg for every EPG entry.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/15222-epg-daten-werden-nicht-von-DVBViewer-übernommen/?tab=comments#comment-116170

But if you are planning to support this better ask @Griga if this is still a good format or if we should change the image name format. Because it was introduced in 2005 and only used by few people in connection with the EPGImporter.

On 5/11/2017 at 9:01 PM, manül said:

<channel_id>_<epg_id>.png

You mean <event_id>_<epg_id>.png, right? The images in question are <programme> specific. For XMLTV the event_id is the 32 bit  integer start time of a <programme> tag.

I would consider doing such a thing if the web-interface/DVBViewer will support it (currently they don't). However, I don't like this approach since a lot of pictures are downloaded and most of them are probably never viewed. Furthermore the pics get outdated: a regulary clean up is needed.

The most logical thing to do would be to include the links into the epg (epg.dat). The epg.html api should then deliver them if present of course.

Sorry for the late answer.

3 hours ago, Delphi said:

You mean <event_id>_<epg_id>.png, right? The images in question are <programme> specific. For XMLTV the event_id is the 32 bit  integer start time of a <programme> tag.

Yeah, that would work as well. DMS API supports searching with wildcards, so both <event_id>_<epg_id>.png or <epg_id>_<event_id>.png would be ok. I would put the epg_id first for better file sorting support.

I would consider doing such a thing if the web-interface/DVBViewer will support it (currently they don't). However, I don't like this approach since a lot of pictures are downloaded and most of them are probably never viewed. Furthermore the pics get outdated: a regulary clean up is needed.

Yep, that's a drawback.

The most logical thing to do would be to include the links into the epg (epg.dat). The epg.html api should then deliver them if present of course.

Extending the epg.dat is probably out of scope. One possibility without any breakage would be to add support for storing arbitrary properties for epg entries. Extension authors could then agree on known properties and add support for them. However I don't know if @Griga would be willing to add this + it would make epg listing (a lot?) slower as you need to lookup properties for every epg entry.

Edited by manül
4 hours ago, manül said:

One possibility without any breakage would be to add support for storing arbitrary properties for epg entries

I would guess that this requires many changes in the DMS code (not known to me), and where should the values be stored if not in epg.dat? Well, ask Griga.:)

Xepg version 0.7.2.0 is available

Squared.jpg.89ec336f350ec8cf26b9749641a2434b.jpg

For all types of information (except "Line Break" and "Some Text") you can give the output a final personal touch. In the upper example square brackets will be put around the "Date". Details in the changelog and the help file.

• 2 months later...

Is it possible in Xepg to make content that based on xmltv file appears in DVBViewer's EPG's Description column to appear instead in Title column?

While EPG Format Editor provides other customization options, I couldn't find a way to do this.

Of course, it is possible to achieve the same by creating xmltv that by default puts the content in question to Title column (or "subedit" as it is known in xmltv).

However, for my use it'd be better to do this customization in Xepg. The reason is that it'd enable using WebGrab+Plus's standard siteini files without having to modify them each time they're updated.

I guess you mean this:

Event.jpg.6632c66752cd6cbe2c541c2371f20c5d.jpg

This is a bug in the DVBViewer user interface. The Title and Event column names should be switched. Maybe you can convince @Griga to do that.

I've wondered about that too, but that's actually not what I meant now. :)

What I meant was an option in Xepg that would allow the following (please note that I'm using the column names as they currently appear in DVBViewer):

I'm using a WebGrab+Plus siteini file that makes certain content to appear in DVBViewer in Description column (after the xmltv file is processed by Xepg).

I'd like that content to instead appear in Title column in DVBViewer.

I'm aware that I can achieve that by modifying the siteini file, but that's not optimal as then I need modify it again each time it is updated by its author.

That's why it'd be nice if there was an option in Xepg that allowed such customization (assuming it is not possible already).

Edited by lehtikissa
41 minutes ago, Delphi said:

This is a bug in the DVBViewer user interface. The Title and Event column names should be switched.

It can be changed in the language file:

[frmEPG]

lvEvents=Day,Start,Duration,Event,Title,End,Genre,Description,Date

lvWhatsnow=Channel,Start,Duration,Event,Title,End,Genre,Description,Date,Day

Just swap Event and Title. However, that is not all. Title and Event are also used as placeholders in filename schemes. See

[frmRecordingOpt]

edNameScheme.Hint=.../n%event the title of the broadcast, /n%title the (Sub)Title (if any),....

and that can't be changed without causing compatibility issues. So if you apply the language file correction above, consistency with the file name scheme gets broken.

Anyway, the naming of "Title" and "Event" in DVBViewer is very chaotic throughout. E.g. in the Timer Recordings window the Event  (that should rather be named Title) appears as Description which is something else in the EPG window. Regarding the identifiers in the code it's even worse. Sometimes they carry the same name as in the UI, sometimes the other way round, sometimes whatever... at some point I gave up to get it sorted consistently. ;)

12 hours ago, Griga said:

... at some point I gave up to get it sorted consistently. ;)

I understand you ;)

@lehtikissa:

In Xepg there are numerous ways to arrange information:

Xepg > Options > General > EPG Format Editor

You will need to to click the Help button;)

Yes, I indeed spent quite some time with the Help function. :)

There are many specific variables available in EPG Format Editor, but as far as I can see, there is no option to enable what I wrote.

There don't seem to be separate items for what WebGrab+Plus calls "subtitle" (DVBViewer: Title) and "description" (DVBViewer: Description) in EPG Format Editor's Information column.

It seems to me that to be able to do what I want would require being able to move items that appear in "Where to display information" column (or alternatively having separate items for "subtitle" and "description" in Information column -- not sure which would be more logical), but I can't see any arrow buttons to enable that.

It is possible that I don't properly understand how EPG Format Editor works as this seems something that would be useful to be able to do.

If I indeed misunderstand something, do you have any pointers to get me in the right direction?

Edited by lehtikissa