Generating service IDs for IPTV channels?

newm

Hi,

I've just upgraded to DVBViewer Pro 6 and imported my m3u playlists, and I'm trying to link my XMLTV lists to them using Xepg. However, it appears that the PIDs and Service IDs are all 0 in the channel list, causing Xepg to be unable to see them. My m3u is 200+ channels long so manually adding this data would be very tedious. Is there any way to automatically assign Service IDs to these channels?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, newm said:

Is there any way to automatically assign Service IDs to these channels?

It is automatically assigned as soon as you switch over to a channel. The channel auto-update looks after it.

However, since IPTV channel data often is equal (same Service ID, same Transportstream ID for many channels...) it is not suitable for assigning EPG data. That's why DVBViewer internally uses the URL hash for identifying IPTV channels and assigning EPG data to them. Xepg 0.7.0.0 is able to handle this method. Don't use previous versions anymore.

• 1 year later...

I have the same issue.

Yes, the service ID is automatically assigned as soon as I switch over to a channel. Correct.

But inititally I would also have to tune 200+ channels manually. This is crazy. Is there really no way to automate this process for the first time? Xepg finds only channels which I had tuned before.

8 hours ago, salute said:

Is there really no way to automate this process for the first time?

There is a way. You can use TransEdit for scanning your IPTV list - please read the hint section here - and export the results (with Service ID and all PIDs set) from the Scanner Window to DVBViewer.

It is also possible to use DVBViewer for scanning after the M3U URL list in question has been copied to the DVBViewer configuration folder\Transponders subdirectory (-> TV/Radio -> Reception Settings/Channel Search -> select TS Stream as reception type and the M3U as transponder list-> Scan -> Scan Range).

However, TransEdit allows more influence on what is going on. It's a very useful tool if you are dealing with many IPTV channels.