No channels found on 184,5 MHz (7 MHz bandwidth)

Hi

The channels in Finland have been changed due to new DVB-T license period, starting 17.5.2017, so I had to search for the channels again. At this time I paid attention to those free HD channels that we have and noticed that they are in VHF frequency area, 184,5 MHz.

However DVBViewer does not find any of those channels, I've tried a few times. Those channels can be found on my NAS using PCTV292e and DD-A8i. Since DVBViewer can find all the other channels using DD-A8i, I find it a bit odd that it cannot find those HD channels on this specific 184,5 MHz transponder.

There is also some channels on 177,5 MHz, but they are paytv channels and I currently don't have the card for them.

Attached support.zip and a picture showing that nothing appears on 184,5MHz frequency.

Those channels on 184,5MHz frequency show up just find on DVBLink using the same DD-A8i tuner.

Is there any way of getting those channels tuned on DVBViewer as well? Or is it a SW bug of some sort?

BR,

Vellu

support.zip

184_5MHz.png

Maybe some timeout value is to small in DVBViewer.

Rather use TransEdit for scanning (see download area). It allows to adjust the scanner timeout values on the Settings -> Scanner tab. Particularly the PAT timeout is important. Try to increase it to 10000 ms (= 10 s) if TransEdit doesn't find channels on 184,5 MHz.

• Like 1

Thank you very much. I had a little problem because I didn't realize I had to add the hardware first. It tried to use those virtual tuners, and I wanted it to use the specific tuner. After realizing this it was pretty easy and straightforward.

So after starting the TransEdit, I removed those PBDA tuners on settings (they only showed that all tuners were occupied by something else), then added the SATIP device(s) there that I wanted to use, selected DVB-T Europe (where those frequencies were), selected 184,5, ticked DVB-T2 and apply, scan selected, and I got the list of channels that I was missing. Then just select all, export to file, and then import them into the channel editor. Attached for those who want to skip the TransEdit part and don't need the channels on 177,5 frequency (total 6 HD channels: viasat and cmore).

DVB-T Suomi HD.ini

vor 12 Stunden schrieb Vellu:

Then just select all, export to file, and then import them into the channel editor.

If you have copied TransEdit in the program folder of DVBViewer (should be C:\Program Files (x86)\DVBViewer by default) and start it from there then you can simply select all channels and press the Add/Update button. This will add missing channels directly to your DVBViewer (and RS/DMS if installed locally) channel list and update already existing channels with new params, changed channel names etc.

I only use TransEdit with Scan All to update my channel list. After scanning you also can use the "Dead Channels" button to see which channels have been removed and directly delete the selected ones from your channel list to keep it clean.

• Like 1

Thank you, I will try that later on. Anyway it was my first time to use TransEdit, so I'm happy I got it done one way :)

• 9 months later...

I had problems with Windows 10 and I had to reinstall it and perform the channel search again.

It took me a while but I got it working again with the instructions on this thread.

I just struggled with the DVB-T2 -checkbox on those VHF frequencies. I thought I checked them all, but only one of them was checked.

After I got them corrected, I was able to find the channels on those transponders again.

Here's the list for Helsinki area. It can be placed under Transponders -directory and imported into Channel editor from there.

DVB-T Finland_Channels.ini

I hope I don't need it again, but in case I do, I can find it here :)