Cannot detect my DVB device

TOG_WAS_HERE

Whenever I was installing my software I came across the device selection, I didn't see my device so I clicked on the Scan Devices button however still nothing shows up for me.

Yes, the drivers are installed for my DVB-T+DAB+FM receiver.  My version of this software is: 6.0.2.0 (which is the most up to date I hope)

1 hour ago, Tjod said:

"DVB-T+DAB+FM" is not a device name which allows to determine which card you are using.

The dongle doesn't really have a manufacturer name.  However, I just noticed you are using the term "card". What I am using is a USB DVB-T+DAB+FM receiver for what I'm intending on doing (just watching TV) not an express card. :P

Maybe a picture of it will help?

7527182.jpg

Probably not but worth a shot.

Edited by TOG_WAS_HERE

Upon your request, I have done so, however, the support tool that I have downloaded from the link you have provided me does not seem to work.  It keeps telling me it will only run in the 'DVBViewer folder' while the support software already is in it.

error.PNG

Ok, I tell you what I see in the Systeminfo.txt from your support.zip:

Usually DVB devices with BDA driver are listed in the "Audio, Video and Game Controller" section of the Windows Device Manager. The support tool enumerates the devices in this section. But in your case there is no DVB device among them (only Bluetooth and audio devices).

BDA ist a basic Microsoft architecture enabling applications to receive TV and radio:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_Driver_Architecture

DVBViewer needs a driver that is compatible with this standard. It can't find your device because no BDA driver is installed, as far as I can see. Maybe some other (proprietary) driver that enables the manufacturer's software to access the dongle. But third party software like DVBViewer can't be used in this case.

So the only way to make it work is finding a BDA driver for it. Since it is a USB device it should have a vendor ID and product ID (vid and pid, mostly hexadecimal). Check if you can find something similar to "usb#vid_0572&pid_960c" (just an example) in the properties of  your device in the Windows Device Manager, and use it as starting point for a web search. You may also post it here. Maybe we can find it in our hardware database.

Okay, so what I found out is that this is an RTL2832U from Realtek.

As tjod said, it did pick up the devices id's:

ProductID: 2838

VendorID: 0bda

instance ID: USB\VID_0BDA&PID_2838\00000001

However, I also noticed that in the "Device Type" the UBS dongle was listed as "Unknown" which I will assume that DVBViewer searches for a DVB Device Type in the system if I am correct.

I have the drivers on hand with me and I went ahead in re-installed them, Unfortunately, it still doesn't recognize the DVB.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Edited by TOG_WAS_HERE

Okay, so I guess I should have mentioned this too.  my dongle seems to be working just fine with the driver that I have on it while using the software called SDRSharp.

SDR.PNG

• 5 years later...
On 6/20/2017 at 3:54 PM, TOG_WAS_HERE said:

Okay, so what I found out is that this is an RTL2832U from Realtek.

As tjod said, it did pick up the devices id's:

ProductID: 2838

VendorID: 0bda

instance ID: USB\VID_0BDA&PID_2838\00000001

However, I also noticed that in the "Device Type" the UBS dongle was listed as "Unknown" which I will assume that DVBViewer searches for a DVB Device Type in the system if I am correct.

I have the drivers on hand with me and I went ahead in re-installed them, Unfortunately, it still doesn't recognize the DVB.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Use https://zadig.akeo.ie/ to install SDR usb. As far as I know rtlsdr devices are not supported by DVBViewer