Same Channel ID in favourites.xml

riviera

I've a problem with my favorites IPTV channels.
In DVBViewer there is no problem, but when importing them with Kodi using RecService 1.33.2.0 as backend, those channels with the same ID in favourites.xml do not appear in the list.
Only the first channel  in the DVBViewer general channel list is displayed.
In the following example, Bein Laliga is the channel that previously appears in my general list. When zapping for any of the other, Bein Laliga is the only channel that is displayed.

<entry name="6">4276167853180782564|[010] beIN LaLiga HD </entry>
    <entry name="7">4276167853180782564|[027] Atreseries HD (esp)</entry>
    <entry name="8">4276167853180782564|[020] FOX life HD (esp)</entry>
    <entry name="9">4276167853180782564|[044] DEPORTES HD</entry>
    <entry name="10">4276167853180782564|[029] M. eSports HD</entry>

How can I get all channels with the same ID imported correctly into Kodi?

Thanks!!

This is a frequent problem with (DVB) IPTV: All channels are using the same PIDs, Service ID and Transportstream ID so the numerical part of the Channel ID is identical. DVBViewer can still distinguish them by name. But the DVBViewer Add-On for Kodi can't.

You can try to work around this problem by assigning a different (Transport)Stream ID to the channels in the DVBViewer Channel Editor, which is not so important for the internal DVBViewer/RS functionality (except EPG). Additionally you need to tick the "Dont' update automatically" checkbox, otherwise the DVBViewer channel auto-update will change the (Transport)Stream ID back to the correct value.

Please note that you have to save the channel list (or close DVBViewer) and then to stop/restart the RS in order to let it load the changes.

BTW: DVBViewer 6.0 in conjunction with the DVBViewer Media Server 2.0 (as RS successor) provide a better handling for this. They enable converting the DVB IPTV channels to the generic TS Stream reception type that covers different kinds of IPTV including HTTP Internet TV and Radio. Using the URL hash as Channel ID makes sure that they are different. Read more about it here -> Streaming section.