DVBViewer Pro totally unresponsive

Vellu

Hi

This is not as bad as it seems. I know what the problem is and therefore there is a workaround.

I have Digital Devices DD-A8i network tuner. If it is unavailable for one reason or the other while I have to restart DVBViewer Pro, it is not responsive at all, until I make the device available.

I have it on a clock switch, which makes it available on certain hours of the day. However the last time that I tried restarting DVBViewer Pro, it was the time when DD-A8i was on. And I checked it, the blue light was on. Nevertheless DVBViewer did not come up. Now today I had some extra time and I updated version from 6.0.1 to 6.0.3 and tried again, but with the same results. Again I checked that it was switched on. It was. But when I went to see the user interface of DD-A8i, it showed an error. So I restarted the device and after that DVBViewer started to work again.

So the problem was not having the network tuner available, even though it was switched on.

Since I have other tuners on this computer as well, I would wish that they are used even if the network tuner is unavailable.

If you are able to change the startup sequence of DVBViewer Pro in such a way that it would accept the additional tuners (on the network) if they are available, and put them on hold if they are not available. And if they become available later on, they would be used as well.

I won't hold my breath waiting for this correction (or change), but I would appreciate if you could consider changing that behavior.

Thank you in advance,

Vellu

Please try if unticking the "Automatic RTSP server IP:Port detection" checkbox in Tweaker.exe helps. The setting lets DVBViewer search for the server if it is unavailable, considering the IP or port may have changed.

However, even with the automatic detection switched on DVBViewer should become responsive again after several seconds. Do you get a total freeze?

Oh, that's something that sounds it could solve this issue. Thanks!

It's total freeze. It goes fullscreen and whenever I click anywhere, it gives me the warning and asks for either closing the application or waiting for the application to respond again. Today I waited about 2-3 minutes (without doing anything) before closing it, earlier it was there for at least half an hour. I didn't notice it at first that time.

28 minutes ago, Vellu said:

Oh, that's something that sounds it could solve this issue.

Well... I'm not sure. Try. 2-3 minutes are far too long. This kind of issue is new. It has not been reported yet.