DVBViewer and TC card tbs6590

Hi,

can anyone find someone who knows how to help me? I have this TV card ...

https://www.tbs-technology.de/shop/DVB-Multi-Standard-Dual-Tuner-PCIe-TV-Card-with-CI-TBS-6590

... naively, I thought it would be a toy. Before I used the TechniSat CableStar HD 2 and it was not the biggest problem. But I changed the board and the old card somehow is not a port. So there was a choice for this. And, thank you, let's do what I do, I can not tune up one channel.

I have a card on the cable from Digi Sk, the signal on the cable is more than good, the PC card is visible, and the card program is beautiful. The problem will begin when I want to run scanning channels. Scanning is 4 and a half hours and does not find one single channel. I use DVBViewer (original license), it was DVBViewer 5.5.2 version yesterday, today I have successfully downloaded the latest DVBViewer version 6.0.3.0 and here it is horsie.

And I do not know what to do. I'm sure the problem is somewhere between the monitor and the table, but I do not even know where ...

Will someone find someone who understands it?

Edited by Patt1

Post a support.zip so that we can check the settings.

Zitat

scanning is 4 and a half hours and does not find one single channel.

Scanning without a transponder list was never a good idea in in the current DVBViewer not possible any more.

On 17. 8. 2017 at 10:45 PM, Tjod said:

Post a support.zip so that we can check the settings.

Scanning without a transponder list was never a good idea in in the current DVBViewer not possible any more.

Hi, I attach the report. I did not set the transpotrer because there was no Slovak in the offer and I do not know what to do there. I have never done it. It always went without it.

support.zip

Install the current DVBViewer Version (over the existing one), the support.zip is from a old version.

The go in Options > Hardware delete the existing entry's and click on "Scan Devices"

Then try a new channel scan.

TV7Radio > Reception Settings > DVB-C > a fitting transponder list, in doubt "Cable All" (should cover every thing but scan takes longer) > Scan --> Scan Rage

When it finishes what is there by New/Updated

Halelujaaaah...I do not know what happened, but today I'm finally starting to work. The only change that was made was that the DVBViewer has 2 tuners in the hardware configuration - TBS 6590 DVB CI TUNER 1 (1) and TBS 6590 DVB CI TUNER 0 (2) - pic. 1. While scanning the frequency, the program offered only the TBS 6590 DVB CI TUNER 1 (1) tuner, but it did not find anything. I therefore manually "removed" the TBS 6590 DVB CI TUNER 1 (1) tuner, and the abbot started scanning with a second tuner and received all the channels.
Is it possible that the program somehow will not be able to detect both tuners at the same time and each of them should run separately? Or why is the TBS 6590 DVB CI TUNER 1 (1) nothing tuned?

Nastavenie 1.jpg

Nastavenie 2.jpg

Just is the question of the question ... what is the difference between CI and CI + module? I assume that what the module looks like, one about hardware, but what about TV cards? Is this about hardveri or "only" about software?

1 hour ago, Patt1 said:

Is it possible that the program somehow will not be able to detect both tuners at the same time and each of them should run separately?

Both should work at the same time.

1 hour ago, Patt1 said:

Or why is the TBS 6590 DVB CI TUNER 1 (1) nothing tuned?

Possible reasons: Not connected to an antenna cable or damaged.

23 minutes ago, Patt1 said:

what is the difference between CI and CI + module?

CI modules work with TV cards, CI+ don't (at least not with legal measures). It is not supposed to work because a PC environment does not allow a safe content protection.

...hmmm...thank you for the answers, I try to connect is one cable, somewhere I have it and I try, but the two tuners appear in the program. The CI and CI + module did not make much use of it, because all those coded channels I wanted to watch on the PC are watching because I'm sitting more in front of the PC than before TV ... but saying it's protection.

So I got the whole thing out with two wires and I got a problem. The error was in the cable, even when it is new, it must be damaged somewhere because it did not want to let go of the signal. When connecting an old cable, it's all like me.

Thank you all for your help.

• 2 years later...

I have DVBViewer Pro 6.1.6.1 and a dual tuner card TBS-6590.

When I do a search for channels I only get the DVB-T2 channels and not the DVB-T channels.

I live in Denmark.

Does anyone have the same problem ?

In DVB-T Europe all transponders are flagged as DVB-T, relying on the automatic DVB-T2 detection of DVB devices. I can't test what actually happens if there are still DVB-T transponders, because there is none in my region anymore. However, I can remember that my TBS multistandard USB box detected DVB-T2 even on transponders with no usable signal.

ATM the only remedy I can think of is to avoid the auto-detection handling in DVBViewer for TBS devices by telling DVBViewer that it is no TBS device. For this purpose close DVBViewer, go to the configuration folder, make a backup of the file hardware.xml (just for returning to the original state, if necessary), open the original file with a text editor, set the Vendor entry for the TBS tuners to 33, save, relaunch DVBViewer and see what happens...

18 hours ago, Keld Damsbo said:

Thanks a lot, then it actually find the channels, but it is not able to view the channels,

If it finds the channels, it should also be able to play them. Instead of playing a long question-and-answer game, I would prefer to see a support.zip, created after the issue has been reproduced in the DVBViewer debug mode and DVBViewer has been closed.

On 4/10/2020 at 12:36 PM, Griga said:

ATM the only remedy I can think of is to avoid the auto-detection handling in DVBViewer for TBS devices by telling DVBViewer that it is no TBS device (...) set the Vendor entry for the TBS tuners to 33 (...)

Your TBS tuners are still (or again) set to

<entry name="Vendor">31</entry>

in the file hardware.xml.

2 hours ago, Keld Damsbo said:

I have also tried with 33, but the the CI is not able to decrypt

OK, I can see the problem. You need the card to be recognized as TBS for CI support, but this prevents DVB-T reception. If you use Vendor = 33, are there unencrypted DVB-T channels or unencrypted parts of DVB-T channels (like teletext) that can be received? You can also check on the DVB Source property page after clicking the DVB radio button (!)  if reference clock (PCR) data is coming in. It's always unencrypted.

Unfortunately the TBS DVB-T2 API seems to be quite unreliable. I will think about a solution and maybe upload a DVBViewer test version later.

Thanks a lot, it has improved:

DVB-T2 encrypted channels works

DVB-T2 clear channels work

DVB-T encrypted channels work

DVB-T clear channels does not work (is 2 seperate MUX)

I can not search channels, then DVBViewer freezes

27 minutes ago, Keld Damsbo said:

DVB-T encrypted channels work. DVB-T clear channels does not work (is 2 seperate MUX)

That's strange because unencrypted channels are far easier to process than encrypted channels. I can see no reason for it. What does the DVB Source property page show in PTS -> DVB display mode?

29 minutes ago, Keld Damsbo said:

I can not search channels, then DVBViewer freezes

I've tried two times to scan the DVB-T Europe list with my TBS 5580 multistandard USB box, but to my surprise it did not crash (in the past I've experienced several stability problems with TBS drivers, particularly on fast frequency changes). All scan results were DVB-T2, though not flagged as such in the DVBViewer Channel Editor, because the DVB-T Europe transponders as origin are not flagged as DVB-T2 (that's a result of the latest changes). Unencrypted channels could be viewed, enrypted channels could be received, but not viewed, because I can't decrypt them.

ATM I have no more idea what could be enhanced... in my experience one can spend a lot of time with TBS devices without getting to a satifying state ;)

1'st picture is with TBS-6590 card for DVB-T unencrypted channel

2'nd picture is with Hauppauge HVR-2200 card (Only DVB-T card, no DBV-T2) for DVB-T unencrypted channel

On 4/12/2020 at 1:09 PM, Griga said:

You can also check on the DVB Source property page after clicking the DVB radio button (!)  if reference clock (PCR) data is coming in. It's always unencrypted.

2 hours ago, Griga said:

What does the DVB Source property page show in PTS -> DVB display mode?

Unfortunately you didn't follow my advice. The Graph PCR is always present, because it is generated in your PC. However, the interesting part in your case is the incoming DVB PCR.

That means, the TBS device can't receive this channel at all. What does the signal strength/quality percent value in the status bar indicate? Is the DVB-T2 checkbox for this channel in the Channel Editor unchecked?

I can't see a reasonable explanation for this issue, since a channel search with the TBS device found this channel and encrypted channels from another DVB-T transponder work.

Yes its strange.

The channel was found with Vendor=33.

Now I cant search channels with your beta, then DVBViewer freeze.

Signal is the same as the other channels, and so is quality (green) 48%

DVB-T2 is unchecked

The channel works okay with Hauppauge HVR-2200

I think the service provider has a problem, they are in the middle to prepare for more T2 MUX'es, so they are making a lot of changes.

I will wait for them to finish.

The strange problem, is that all my TV's dont have a problem, only the TV card from TBS.

20 hours ago, Keld Damsbo said:

The strange problem, is that all my TV's dont have a problem, only the TV card from TBS.

That's my continuous experience with twoTBS USB boxes in the last years. They always had problems that other DVB cards did not have.

However, it always depends on the circumstances. Someone with DVB-T2 only reception would probably be happy with your device.

• 9 months later...
On 4/15/2020 at 4:18 PM, Keld Damsbo said:

I will wait for them to finish.

Hi. Do you have any update. I`m interested to buy one of TBS-6590 or TBS-5580, but I don't know if it's worth it. I live also in Denmark but I want to use it for satellite channels. 

Thank you!