Virus in keytool.exe ?

Zakman

My virus scanner (Bitdefender Total Security 2018) complained about a file called keytool.exe in DVBViewer folder. Bitdefender claimed that there is virus called Gen:Variant.Ursu.5759 in a file called keytool.exe and kicked it out automatically. DVBViewer still runs OK. I did full system scan and system is now 100% pure. Not any warning/alerts so ever after the previous incident.

I have had years DVBViewer installed in my computer and never had any virus warnings inside my system. Now there was one. Anyone else having the same issue?

dvbw version installed at the moment is pure v6.0.0 without any extras or addons,

Same deal with F-Secure. The fishy thing is there never was any keytool.exe in my DVBViewer folder, cuz when restoring the file from quarantine it does not show up.

Keytool.exe are usually a key generator for cracked software, but why would I use that when having a valid DVBViewer license since I joined 2008.

Without the KeyTool.exe you can't enter the DVBViewer licence data or buy the DMS or HbbTV/MHEG-5 addon.

Besides this the KeyTool.exe is not necessary.

And if the setup is from Members Section I would assume that it is a false alarm.