CoreAVC pro does not work with DVB

Paweł Szczygieł

Hello, I get this codec, so I would like to compare them to lav filters and ffdshow, but cannot make them works with DVBViewer. There's no picture at all. Is there any way to make it working properly?

Regards 

As far as I know CoreAVC only had a H.264 video codec. And when H.264 was as new as HEVC is now. There where some people using this codec with the DVBViewer. But hardware acceleration did never really work in the DVBViewer. So try disabling it in the settings of the codec. But I doubt that it is a good choice. It hasn't been updated since 2011.

(ffdshow development has stopped in 2014)

If you like to play with the video quality, use LAV filters and try madVR as video renderer. There are a lot of settings to play with ;)

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/56725-madvr-renderer-in-DVBViewer-english/

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=146228

well, to be honest, i dont even care about quality of the video :) it can be very bad if it make feed faster : ) thanks for that information, I will read it all :)

16 hours ago, nuts said:

CoreAVC project is dead and they never managed to build a good decoder for LiveTV. Just dont use it. ;) 

Do You know which decoder is the fastest? I dont care about quality, but speed of the picture?