Multi Input Stream support

onderdelinde

Dear DVBViewer Support Team,

I've enjoyed working with DVBViewer Pro v6.0.3.0 with my new TBS5520SE card for a while now.

From previous topics, i've noticed that DVBViewer does not support Multi Input Stream (MIS). It has been suggested for a while to add this feature in your software. More and more operators are using this technology (France/Italy/Bulgaria/Ukraine). Is there any progress being made in the development of DVBViewer in this regard? I would be really looking forward into that and I would even consider paying for an additional MIS plugin if needed.

PS

If you have a MIS supporting DVB Card, there is an (inconvenient) way to add MIS channels in DVBViewer Channel List:

1) Install CrazyScan. Start the program.

2) Do a scan of a MIS transponder.

3) Open the carrier search & constellation monitor (by clicking on line at the center of the MIS transponder)

4) Fill in all relevant 'Search Parameters' which you can find from sources like 'King of Sat', 'Lyngsat',... Include PLS code and type (root or gold or combo)!

5) Click on the CrazyCat button to start your scan

6) If you don't get a lock, try changing freq slightly and decrease range  and repeat your scan.

7) Once you have a lock on a MIS transponder, close CrazyScan

8) Now open DVBViewer a do a manual channel search on same satellite, same frequency (allthough you cannot add PLS Code and type in DVBV). You should find a few a channels now from 1 MultiStream of the MIS transponder.

9) Save the channels you have found.

10) Repeat a manual search and you might find the other MultiStream channels also.

11) Unfortunately, once you have collected all channels from different multistream inside 1 transponder, you don't have an option to zap back from one multistream to another. Zapping inside 1 multistream does work.

Kind Regards,

Onder De Linde

Belgium

My setup:

Sat Hardware:

Triax 1m dish

DG-240 DiSEqC 1.2/1.3 /Go to X Compatible H-H Mount

TBS5520SE USB external BDA Tuner / DVB-S2X/S2/S/T2/T/C2/C/ISDB-T compatible

PC:

Hardware:

Memory :4 GB

CPU: Quad Core AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor 3 GHz

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

Software:

Direct X: 12.0

DVBViewer Pro: v6.0.3.0

TBS5520SE driver: win10-v1.0.0.5-1

59f046c695334_5wccmmultistreamFrance.jpg.cfb113df2a047e367bff55dddf392d73.jpg59f046c695334_5wccmmultistreamFrance.jpg.cfb113df2a047e367bff55dddf392d73.jpg

• 6 years later...

Dear Onder,

First, thank you for writing a tutorial to workaround the missing support of MIS. I haven't tried this procedure yetn but as this topic is 7 years old (!), I wanted to know if there is an easier way in DVBViewer to receive transponder using MIS. Eg. when I run a scan on these 2 TP (https://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=164 & https://en.kingofsat.net/tp.php?tp=6541), I get only few channels.

So, to the DVBViewer Support Team : is this feature planned to be supported? Is there any easier way to solve this issue?

Thank you