No hardware available

mitsu

Without any changes anywhere, DVBViewer stopped finding any stations, antenna, cable or satellite.

Scan for devices in the settings work fine and finds all three devices I have. Transedit does not work either.

I cannot figure out any remedy to this.

support.zip

A little more information about this. I have three devices (antenna, cable and satellite). Every channel just says "No hardware available". This started without any changes to hardware or software or anything else. I was using the system via RDP and without reboot started local use and this happened. Channel scan with DVBViewer or Transedit both say "No hardware".

Hardware is working fine. I installed ProgDVB and it works fine.

I will next uninstall and re-install DVBViewer.

A little more information about this. I have three devices (antenna, cable and satellite). Every channel just says "No hardware available". This started without any changes to hardware or software or anything else. I was using the system via RDP and without reboot started local use and this happened. Channel scan with DVBViewer or Transedit both say "No hardware".

Hardware is working fine. I installed ProgDVB and it works fine.

I will next uninstall and re-install DVBViewer.

Re-installing did not help. (I kept the user data. Maybe there is something wrong in the user data.)

Edited by mitsu
Spoiler

Unfortunately system restore is disabled. (Is this again a Microsoft Windows 10 improvement.)

I have a backup which I will restore if there is no other option available.

Any ideas what has happened?

54 minutes ago, mitsu said:

Unfortunately system restore is disabled

Usually it is enabled by default.

23 hours ago, mitsu said:

Without any changes anywhere,

Are you sure that you didn't receive the Creators Update (or any other Windows update) during this time? Because what you describe is a known Creators Update issue:

http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/59399-no-playback/?do=findComment&comment=462963

Yes, I already had the Creators Update and it has been working fine. Problem really looks pretty much as described in the link. Except that ProgDVB worked with the devices and DVBViewer did not.

Anyway, I restored the backup and the system is fine again. I also installed the Creators Update and everything is still fine. Strange.

It's still a mystery why this happens. Several people encountered this issue after a Creators Update (upgrade) installation. In two known cases ProgDVB was still able to use the DVB hardware.

So unless proven otherwise we will follow the common (western) practice and assume that it is caused by Russian hackers or even Putin himself :)

• Haha 1