Creating a recorded TV Series Library

MCE2012

Hi,

I've been using DVBViewer for a while now and pretty pleased with the software and how reliable it all is. Im using a mixture of satellite and terrestrial for FTA TV. 

Now i have the TV side of things up and running nicely i want to move onto the next part of my HTPC project / setup - Has anyone managed to record FTA TV Shows, remove commercials and load the into a TV series library database? If so could you give me a few pointers? This would be the ultimate HTPC setup for me as there are loads of shows i enjoy watching and recording! 

Thanks.

I've done this.

I use the VideoRedo TV editing software which is kind of built for that purpose. It has advert auto detecting features but I never had the patience to make them work, so I just edited them out myself. Videoredo isn't free, I couldn't find any software that was free at the time so bought that. It's easy to use and has an option to not encode the output so you just get exactly what you started with, just with adverts edited out.

One of the best features of DVBViewer Recording Service is it uses PDC, even on UK broadcasts, which means you end up with very little padding on each end of a recording.

I also use Kodi, which I use forTV series library viewing. As long as you give your edited files sensible names, Kodi will add them to its libraries, add fanart, banners, all that stuff.