Error 1242 Crashes when running two sessions

hse

I am trying to run two sessions of DVBViewer at once, one for cable and one for satellite. Because 6.0.4.0 does not let you choose the install path anymore, I am using one version 6.0.4.0 and one version 4.5.0.0 so I can install them to diffrent locations.

I have edited the usermode.ini of both installs. One is UserMode=1 and the other UserMode=2. I've also set them to point to a diffrent folder in x:\programdata\cmuv , 6.0.4.0 points to DVBViewer and 4.5.0.0 points to dvbviewer_4500.

Now with the above setup, I can launch each DVBViewer at the same time, and decode the channels I want from both. however, after a few mins, the v4.5.0.0 version will error out with the "user data error 1242: please use KeyTool.exe to enter the correct data"

So I run KeyTool.exe and open my license file, which it accepts and closes, but again after launching v4.5.0.0 it works for a few mins the crashes with the same error again. What can I do?

https://i.imgur.com/V6c4472.jpg Everything Working

https://i.imgur.com/hmLzk9U.jpg  Random Crash

3 hours ago, hse said:

Because 6.0.4.0 does not let you choose the install path anymore, I am using one version 6.0.4.0 and one version 4.5.0.0 so I can install them to diffrent locations.

Bad idea. Copy the content of the 6.0.4 installation folder to a different directory, e.g. c:\program files (x86)\DVBViewer -> c:\program files (x86)\DVBViewer2. Then modify the usermode.ini in DVBViewer2, but rather the path, not the mode, e.g. Root=CMUV\DVBViewer2.

• Like 1