Sat-CR and DVBViewer

Hansrh

Hardware is Terratec S7 with latest driver, but when it comes to configuring Unicable I'm afraid I havn't got a clue how to. Guess I'll have to Google :-)

Options -> Hardware -> Unicable. Terratec is a reseller, so it depends on what you actually got. Terratec S7 may work if it is a relabeled DVBSky (product id = 10a6, search for pid_ in the hardware.xml). A relabeled AzureWave wouldn't be very promising, however.

From this line in Harware.xml :

<section name="@device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_0ccd&amp;pid_10ac#0008ca1e9bb2#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{2bc59444-39d8-49cb-add5-ab91aa7247ae}">

I guess "pid_10ac" is what I'm looking for, not exactly same as 10a6 but the question is if it will work with unicable anyway ?

pid_10ac is a TerraTec S7  MK II made by AzureWave. The driver doesn't support Unicable. However, you can try... DVBViewer uses a workaround in such cases. This may work if the Unicable router is fault-tolerant.

The best devices for Unicable are Digital Devices DVB-S2 dual tuner cards because the driver can be set up for Unicable in a way that it works with all TV applications. They don't need to know Unicable and don't have to be configured for it.

Maybe DVBSky S960C USB Box will work with Unicable ?

(I have no available slots in my computer so it has to be USB-attached)

Edited by Hansrh

DVBSky drivers provide a basic Unicable support allowing DVBViewer to cover SCR/Cenelec  EN 50494 , so there are chances that it will work. However, Jess/ Cenelec EN 50607 are not supported by the DVBViewer/DVBSky combo.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my DVBSky S960C USB Box today, installed it according to the installationguide and hten I configured DVBViewer Unicable :slot 1, and frequency 1210, no pin used.

It works flawlessly righr away :)