stuck at splash screen showing Completing Initialization

Just purchased DVBViewer,  its fine after installation, but when I closed and re-open the program, it stuck at splash screen showing Completing Initialization, no video , just black.

The problem could be fixed sometimes If I restart my PC, it is ok first time, however  if I reopen the program, it will stuck at Completing Initialization again.

Edited by Kean
  • 2 months later...

This problem has been there for years in different versions and DVBViewer official has take no action to fix it.

In my case, it seems that it hangs more frequently (but not always) when there is no network connection (i.e. my broadband router is switched off).

This is really disgusting when I scheduled a TV programme to record. I set my computer to boot automatically at specific time through BIOS setting, start Windows and auto-start DVBViewer BUT IT HANGS (fail to record my favorite programme)!!

On 6/9/2018 at 12:38 AM, Griga said:

Is your DVBViewer configured as Recording Service / Media Server client?

A support.zip  would help to pinpoint the issue.

No, I didnt configured DVB as recording service nor media server client.

I got this problem since the first day I bought it.

Please find attached file.thanks

Display card: was Asus strix GTX 970, current display card is Strix GTX1070Ti, I have been using the most updated drivers Nvidia drivers since last few months.

TV Card: DMB-TH PCIe Pro(AQ)

support.zip

Edited by Kean

The log file shows that tuning is interrupted by an access violation (see DVBViewer.log). The error is caught and logged in DVBViewer,, but most likely happening outside the DVBViewer code, maybe in a BDA component that connects the application to the driver. Looks like a driver problem, because it doesn't happen with other devices (at least not with the 11 DVB devices that I have here for testing purpose).

You can try if changing the following settings on Options -> Hardware helps:

• Use internal Network provider filter off
  • Direct tuning off
  • Stop stream while tuning on

They change the way in which the BDA components are used.

On 6/11/2018 at 1:40 AM, Griga said:

The log file shows that tuning is interrupted by an access violation (see DVBViewer.log). The error is caught and logged in DVBViewer,, but most likely happening outside the DVBViewer code, maybe in a BDA component that connects the application to the driver. Looks like a driver problem, because it doesn't happen with other devices (at least not with the 11 DVB devices that I have here for testing purpose).

You can try if changing the following settings on Options -> Hardware helps:

• Use internal Network provider filter off
  • Direct tuning off
  • Stop stream while tuning on

They change the way in which the BDA components are used.

I followed your instructions but the result is same. I also reinstalled my PC but still not working. Attached file is generated after following your instructions.

support.zip

Have you checked if a more recent driver is available for your device? The one that you are using is quite old

DriverVersion = 1.2.617.0
DriverDate = 17/6/2009

and for sure not designed for Windows 10.

5 hours ago, Griga said:

Have you checked if a more recent driver is available for your device? The one that you are using is quite old

and for sure not designed for Windows 10.

you mean the TV card driver? I am pretty sure the driver is working well as I used it with other TV software , no problem at all.

btw, like someone said, this problem sometimes does not occurred.  Also, I did try an version 5.x  before  ,  2-3 years ago probably I cant remember, and  it worked great , no problem.

Just curious, may I have old version so that I can try it again? I dont mind the version as long as it works.

I just did a  test:

I installed v5.6.4, not working though, so I reinstalled the v6.1.1 back and restart DVBViewer debug mode, this time is worked, EPG , channel list both OK, please see the attached support.zip file.

However after closing, reopening, restart PC then it is not working again. This problem seems happened randomly.

dvb_cap.jpg.278e26e4ff72e6feac8bf20fab34b0ac.jpg

support.zip