"release" filter graph when recording without a/v

Saigon

Hello,

is it technically possible to release the filter graph when recording without a/v.

The reason I ask is that I often use DVBViewer as a recorder in the background when doing other stuff with the computer. Currently I use the overlay surface because it is faster with my computer, but it does not permit two programs to use it at the same time. Thus I'm not able to watch other movies while recording with DVBViewer.

If I don't use overlay in other players I'm able to watch the picture in the pc monitor, but videocard tv-output still shows only the still image of DVBViewer just before it started the recording process. I believe this is because DVBViewer tunes the channel before it starts recording and I assume also builds the graph even though disable a/v is selected.

I'm using ATI Radeon 9600 with TV as Clone and in Theater mode so that the movies I watch in PC are shown in fullscreen in TV via s-video cable. So what I want is to be able to watch videos in the tv with some other player while DVBViewer records in the background without a/v. Also if there is some way to do this that I haven't figured out, feel free to guide me in the right direction. The only solution I know is to start the other player before DVBViewer so that it takes control of the tv-output of the videocard. Naturally a bit hard if I come to computer after recording has already started..

1) Create an additional DVBViewer Pro shortcut on your desktop

2) Right-click it -> properties -> append the parameter -c in the target input line (separated by a blank).

3) Double-click the shortcut when DVBViewer Pro is running/recording to remove the filter graph

Applies to DVBViewer Pro 3.2.5. May not work with older versions. Test it before actually using it.

@Lars: In this state DVBViewer Pro still displays the view/filters menu, though all filters are removed. Should be corrected.

Thanks, Grigas suggestion worked perfectly for me.

What Lars_MQ suggested was also a viable solution, but I still prefer to leave DVBViewer in the background and do the playing with other players, besides there are other things than just watching movies where I need the tv-output to be available. Like I said, I mainly use DVBViewer as a recorder, I even watch the recordings with dxr3 mpeg2-decoder card since it has superior picture quality in comparison to videocards tv-output.

Anyway, thanks for helping.