comhem channels ca

mtz70

I'm using DVBViewer and a Twinhan cab.ci in Comhem, stockholm. I found all the other channels I need execpt the ones on freq 290000 and 298000, but I cant get DVBViewer to find them. :huh:

Can anyone help me? or if somenone could export there channel list and send it so me I'll would be very greatful :(

I'm using DVBViewer and a Twinhan cab.ci in Comhem, stockholm. I found all the other channels I need execpt the ones on freq 290000 and 298000, but I cant get DVBViewer to find them.  :( 

Can anyone help me? or if somenone could export there channel list and send it so me I'll would be very greatful  :)

Silverstone LC16M

AMD 3500+

GIGABYTE K8 Triton Nforce4

Twinmos 1024MB

GeForce 6600GT Silent

Twinhan CAB-CI \ CONAX CAM 4.00

400GB Hitachi HDD

Windows XP SP2 MCE 2005 (Fully patched)

DVBViwer 3.2.5

Hello,

Im a new user of DVBViewer and experiece the exact same issue. 290000 = Nada.

Tried decreasing stepsize, etc. No help.

290000 tuning works fine in TwinhanDTV (bundled app).

I've tried BDA drivers and although it finds the card, i can not tune at all.

I bought this application beeing told its pretty much the only viewer fully supporting Twinhan Cab-CI and the channels missing are the essential Swedish channels :(

Help wuold be greatly appreciated.

Otherwise the application runs lika a charm!

Some small problems with certain subtitling but i haven't troubleshooted that on my own yet.

How about some attention on this issue?

Both of you didn't mention the reception type. DVB-T? DVB-C? Or what? Do you think all supporters in this forum are living in Stockholm and know exactly what's going on there? If you want answers, you have to ask in a way that allows answering.

Maybe the frequencies are missing in the tranponderlist file that is used for scanning. If yes, use TransEdit from the members area to add them.

Both of you didn't mention the reception type. DVB-T? DVB-C? Or what? Do you think all supporters in this forum are living in Stockholm and know exactly what's going on there? If you want answers, you have to ask in a way that allows answering.

Maybe the frequencies are missing in the tranponderlist file that is used for scanning. If yes, use TransEdit from the members area to add them.

I'm sorry, but i humbly assumed Twinhan CAB-CI was synonomous to DVB-C like TER-CI and SAT-CI is to DVB-T and DVB-S. Since there is a specific Twinhan module bundled with DVBViewer i thought their products was known to DE staff.

My last reply was not meant in a harsh way, thus the smiley. So your aggetated reply is a bit unfounded.

Seeing as this is one of very few products without an availible demo before purchase other than for DVB-S i think developer-response to english speaking customers aswell is a fair expectation on my part.

I did not however expect a solution presented to us right away or even ever, but an indication from you that the problem has been noted is not much to ask for i think :)

Regarding Transedit i could not get it to save the SR i set so it was impossible for me to use it for scanning.

But the transponder list is only a template right? As stated in my first post i entered the freq. info manually in DVBViewer and it didnt pick up teh channels.

I would hate to see my 15E go to total waste.

Regards,

I'm sorry, but i humbly assumed Twinhan CAB-CI was synonomous to DVB-C like TER-CI and SAT-CI is to DVB-T and DVB-S. Since there is a specific Twinhan module bundled with DVBViewer i thought their products was known to DE staff.

My last reply was not meant in a harsh way, thus the smiley. So your aggetated reply is a bit unfounded.

Seeing as this is one of very few products without an availible demo before purchase other than for DVB-S i think developer-response to english speaking customers aswell is a fair expectation on my part.

I did not however expect a solution presented to us right away or even ever, but an indication from you that the problem has been noted is not much to ask for i think :)

Regarding Transedit i could not get it to save the SR i set so it was impossible for me to use it for scanning.

But the transponder list is only a template right? As stated in my first post i entered the freq. info manually in DVBViewer and it didnt pick up teh channels.

I would hate to see my 15E go to total waste.

Regards,

The solution is quite easy(as Griga suggested) ... just insert 290000 and 298000 in the CableQ64_3.ini in the transponder directory. and then you are ready to rock :)

Beside from that little misshap I'm very satisfied with DVBViewer. I'v tried, showhifter (sucked bigtime) and mediaportal(didn't even got the damn thing to start scanning for channels)

The only thing I am irritated(very) over is that you have a limit on how many files you can download from the member section :) . When you are setting up your system, then you dont wanna wait 5 days to download a plugin because you reach your limit.

15e on DVBViewer is not a waste, on the contrary. I think is very good (so far B) ) keep up the good work.

but an indication from you that the problem has been noted is not much to ask for i think

Please note that all people who are doing support here don't get paid for it. Most of them are users like you. They do it in their spare time - and they don't have to. I'm a developper who contibutes some add-ons, plug-ins etc and a special DVBViewer GE version - everything for free, after you've puchased DVBViewer Pro. I don't earn money with it either. That's why you can get such a lot for 15 Euro...

So this is not the right place to get demanding.

Regarding Transedit i could not get it to save the SR

Confirmed. Some bug concerning DVB-C. Since I have no DVB-C device things like that get easily overlooked. Will be fixed in the next release.

you have a limit on how many files you can download from the member section

Don't use download managers that try to establish multiple connections. That's the secret...

Thanks for the input mz70 and griga!

I will get right on it and try to manipulate the transponder-file.

Griga: I'm fully aware of the fact that most people here are regular users. That was not the focus of my complaint.

The thing that was unsatisfactory is that this issue did not even get a response in the likes of "ok, we will look into it" or "what receptor do you use?" from DE staff.

Afterall, when you put a price on your application, giving support\attention - even though not required by law - is a fair way of dealing with customers.

Regards,

is a fair way of dealing with customers

Be clear about the fact, that by visiting this forum you get in contact with a community that established itself around DVBViewer, not with a company. Behaving as a customer is not appropriate in this place.

when you put a price on your application

As already mentioned above, I don't put a price on my applications (e.g. TransEdit). Within the DVBViewer framework they are free. If they were not, you'd have to pay much more.

Transedit is not what i paid for and not what i wanted support on. DVDViewer is the product i bought and needed help on.

Since the Help file stated using the forum rather than e-mail to the developer i used the forum. But i will use direct email in the future if i can not find the solution by searching this forum.

I will not post anymore questions here, as i've been informed not to expect a reply. Missunderstanding on my part, sorry.

I see - you rather want to be a customer than a community member.

You are still dreaming of an international company with a fully-fledged support staff, ready to serve you. But I tell you there isn't - well, find out by yourself, if you want to.

You can get a lot of help here, even very qualified help - many people already got it - but it requires a different approach from your side.

Always imagine that the one who might know the answer to your question is from... well, let's say Italy, and he probably knows a lot about DVB and DVBViewer, but nothing about your local Stockholm settings. So in order to get information, you have to provide information. That's how a community works - give and take.

I see - you rather want to be a customer than a community member.

You are still dreaming of an international company with a fully-fledged support staff, ready to serve you. But I tell you there isn't - well, find out by yourself, if you want to.

You can get a lot of help here, even very qualified help - many people already got it - but it requires a different approach from your side.

Always imagine that the one who might know the answer to your question is from... well, let's say Italy, and he probably knows a lot about DVB and DVBViewer, but nothing about your local Stockholm settings. So in order to get information, you have to provide information. That's how a community works - give and take.

Jesus, now im starting to get irritated aswell. Is it my english you are having problems with or is it just that you dont want to interpret my posts correctly?

"I see - you rather want to be a customer than a community member. "

If i pay for a product i am per DEFINITION a customer. What you or i want me to be is irrelevant. Commercial fundamentals here Griga. If the product is unsupported, just say so, and i'll take my business elsewhere. But selling a product without an available trial version (that corresponds to the product) and then neglecting to give customer response is foul play in my opinion.

"So in order to get information, you have to provide information."

Doesn't this go the other way around? How am a supposed to know i should provide more information if you do not post and say so instead of just ignoring our posts? And when you get pissed off because of my second post you say you need information in a very inpolite way. Was any of my posts inpolite?

I understand 15 Euro is a small price to pay for a working DVDViewer, for a non-working DVBViewer its very expensive. If responding to customer posts requires 100% perfect posts from them when they have a problem i suggest you (like most small commercial software) supply a trial version of your product instead so we can test the product before purchasing it and eliminate the occurence of people buying your product and then cannot get it working.

I'm very happy with DVBViewer (the application) but this discussion makes me want to wait for CAb-CI support in mediaportal instead where developers are in a better mood. Is it possible that we can revoke my order\license?

Edited by cribba