Recorded file: strange res?

LukeITA

hello!

I'm just a newbie... I got yesterday my dvb card and regged DVBViewer and now I'm making the first experiments... I noticed a strange behaviour: on some channels (Rai1...) I see the video perfectly but when I see the recorded file I notice a strange 544x576 res... which makes the video aspect strange...

Why?

Thanks!

Its the same resolution like your tv station is sending! Use DVD-Softwareplayer for looking and your resolution is ok for looking. WMP is ( not an all pc´s) not using overlay to stretch the video.

Hello!

Thanks!

Where can I find "enable XVR"? If I open my recorded file in DVBViewer I can see it in that strange res... 544x576 which isn't the res when I watch the channel (DVBViewer displays 4:3, 544x576 but shows me a video larger than tall, while 544x576 should be taller than large).

Thanks!

PS: Another question: when I record in the recorded video I can see a "watermark" on the top right of my video, which isn't present when I watch the channel, how can I remove it?

It's the watermark of the Elecard decoder. To remove it, you must pay for the decoder (it is shareware), or uninstall it.

Enable XVR... do it with Settings/Options/Enhanced/Render Output

Did you try to set the aspect ratio in the settings-menu to a fixed value (4:3, 16:9...) to solve your problem?

Cheers

Griga

As far as I know there are no freeware mpeg decoders. There are cracked ones, but I do not support this, because in my opinion programmers should be paid for their work.

Windows comes with an "built in" decoder (DVD Express), which usually will be used automatically, if you uninstall the Elecard filters.

Most software DVD players install their own mpeg decoder (it's needed for playing DVDs too), so you can try one of them... but it can lead to very different results. May be the DVBViewer works well with it, may be not :rolleyes:

You can ask Klausing by sending him a PM, I think he knows more about this stuff than me...

Cheers

Griga

Guest DAvenger

The "blank screen" problem might be caused by XVR. It is still in its early phase and has some issues. But there should not be any difference between MPEG2 from DVB stream and MPEG2 from file :rolleyes:

Give us some more time and I am sure the next version of XVR will be pretty stable and problemless :)

Hello!

You're right: if I disable XVR (I chose Overlay Mixer) I was able to watch TV using Marfi's Render 1.1 and Intervideo MPEG2 Decoder as Videocodec (I let automatic audio/video detect checked).

But when I record a clip I can see on the recorded movie Elecard watermark :-/ Why DVBViewer can't use Marfi and Intervideo Dec to record?

If I choose Marfi and Elecard Mpeg2 Codec the TV video is shown at bad res... it doesn't happen if I choose Intervideo codec.

Thanks!

PS: As I disabled XVR, when I open recorded movie it shows at that bad resolution...

Guest DAvenger

Intervideo for some reason wants to render the video into it's own "something" :rolleyes: That's what RadScorp said :)

I hope we can fix that soon ....

As for the watermark, it is only visible while you are playing the video = it is not "burned in" the video.

Hello!

Thanks!

I was able to use Intervideo to play in DVBViewer TV.

Is there a way I can use another codec to play recorded files in MediaPlayer and so on? How can I uninstall EleCard codec or make another codec "default" for playing those files?

Guest DAvenger

As far as I remember there should be "unreg.bat" in Elecard directory ... run it and it will unregister the Elecard filters. From now on, InterVideo should be your default codec ...

Hello!

There's no need to resize. When playing the DivX with BSPlayer for example you can set the correct aspect ratio.

CU, Oliver

But when you play it in wmp the aspect ratio is not correct. I think that divx files is always "saved" in right res and right aspect ratio: if I don't make the wrong calculation all the dvb resolution wold be resized to 768x576 to have a correct 4:3 aspect ratio (or maybe the 544x576 resized down to 544x408. Correct me if I'm wrong.... :-)

damjang

Hello damjang!

I'm not quite sure I get it. It's correct that WMP doesn't set the aspect ratio, but BSPlayer is much better, there you can even set custom aspect ratios.

Using no resizing-filter, the DivX is calculated at the same resolution as your M2P. When for example the resolution is 480 * 576 you can of course resize it to 720 * 576, but that's just an interpolation which doesn't improve the quality, though. Only the file size gets bigger.

I never change the resolution of recorded files, simply 'cause there's no need for. I hope that answers your question. :rolleyes:

CU, Oliver

Yes, I know BSplayer (I use it for my divx films)!

But the 720x576 resolution is not 4:3... (768x576 is) and I have the ratio problem, because I want to cut out the black borders (left, right, top, bottom - no need to encode black borders!) and after the crop the aspect ratio isn't right...

damjang

Hello damjang!

Yes, that's right. That's why I advised you to use BSPlayer, where you can customize the aspect ratio. After cropping the the black borders I had to use an aspect ratio of 22:9. With BSPlayer that's no problem. You just have to go to "options - preferences - video - custom aspect ratios". Then you can add any value.

CU, Oliver

Guest DAvenger
But rather that use custom aspect ratios I encode in rigt aspect ratio.

You need to understand that the video is recorded in the correct aspect ratio. If they broadcasted it in wrong ration, you would see it on your TV.

The problem is in the demultiplexer filter and video renderer. Using player's aspect ratio control is only temporary and not really 'nice' solution :rolleyes: